Comp. packs mandatory now?

Sorry, may be a dumb question, but can you explain to me why he SHOULD be in the game?

Oh, and I can't help but say what I think about all that Freddy and comp. packs thingy :
Pretty much a strange issue for most of us :
- until Freddy, the comp. packs are not mandatory, but everyone asked for them to be so...
- now Freddy has come and a lot of those that asked for mandatory comp. packs are *****ing about them...
Personally, I'm not happy about Freddy. NRS had the opportunity to make an entirely new character, something badass that would have make ALL (or at least close to all) MK players happy. But they decided to go with a guest character, and let's be honest, it's the first time I saw that much of a reaction here (and there's been quite a lot!).
I understand completely the need for NRS to do a guest character DLC like Freddy : great marketing campaign, more DLC sales, more money, and when we see all the developpers that closed down these lath months, I can guess they really need the money. And we want them to keep going on so there's more DLC and MK10 after that.

But making the comp. packs mandatory when Freddy arrives is a decision that makes my teeth grind... I mean, it's pretty obvious that they're doing it just because of the massive negative response to his announcement (I know at least half of the MK player are happy to have him, must those who are against, and some of them a really big fans of the franchise, are really worked up about this). They're making him mandatory so that everyone who thinks about downloading him doesn't have any hesitation. That'll make even more money. We can't really criticize this kind of money-making decision, but it's a deception for those who call themselves "hardcore fans" because they weren't heard before when Skarlet, Kenshi and Rain's comp. packs came out, but now that Freddy (which they don't want) suddenly they have to play against him sometimes. That's forcing some players to fight Freddy, although those players couldn't fight as Skarlet, Kenshi or Rain from time to time because of their opponent's lack of comp. pack... seems unfair.

Oh, and Freddy's story isn't good, come on, let's face it, it seems stretched. I think we'll all relax if we accept that Freddy's not a addition to the MKverse, but only a "bonus DLC" to have fun sometimes... We all know we won't be seeing him too often 1 or 2 weeks after his release... look at how much Kratos there is online... not that much, right?

pinkie-ask-u-mad-5131_preview.png

I highly doubt MK made Freddy mandatory DL due to "massive negative feedback." Half the people on this site =/= massive. In fact, the Freddy gameplay video has garnered <1 million views in less than 24 hours since the video's release from Comic Con and has gained about 3 million views to this day. And people are TYM are saying that Freddy is actually a good, powerful character.

I highly doubt MK made Freddy mandatory DL due to "massive negative feedback." Half the people on this site =/= massive. In fact, the Freddy gameplay video has garnered <1 million views in less than 24 hours since the video's release from Comic Con and has gained about 3 million views to this day. And people are TYM are saying that Freddy is actually a good, powerful character.

What I tried to say is only that the other 3 DLC characters didn't start that kind of reaction. Nobody (or maybe just a very few) asked for their MK9 to be Skarlet-free or Kenshi-free... so the comp. packs were ok for them because of the free skins.

But with Freddy, it happened differently... of course everybody will watch it : the Freddy-lovers (MK players or not), the "MK purists" (just to be able to hate him more adequatly), the casual net surfer who happens to see #FLASH-FLASH#Freddy Krueger in Mortal Kombat#FLASH-FLASH#... I already said Freddy as DLC is a very good marketing move and there's no doubt about the fact it will be one of the most downloaded DLCs this week. But NRS had to think about the online gameplay, and after all the problems people had because of not being able to play with their DLC characters against people without the comp. packs, they couldn't allow that for something so appealing to the masses. A "hardcore MK player" could understand why the "MK newbie" doesn't know about the comp. packs (even if they'll ***** about it all day long), but the casual gamers have generally less patience with their games and the fanchise, and will be quickly bored if they can't play with Freddy online. And with all the "I won't even download the comp pack because I want my MK9 to stay virgin, Freddy-free" ranting going on, it was time they put up with a solution.

That's why it's (for me at least) pretty obvious that the mandatory comp. packs are only to be sure all Freddy downloaders can play with him both offline and online, so no casual gamers get frustrated about it.

In a way, I really understand NRS : fans are too hard to pleased... whenever a character is released, it's always "but his mask is off", "her moves are useless", "they have no alts", etc... but a lot more of casual gamer will really be pleased by just being able to play Freddy...

I truly hope the comp. pack won't become mandatory for xbox. :_wink:

Proud to be a "scumbag" on this matter. :_wink:

Where did you hear that HUGE load of bs? Freddy does have a lot of specials, but he hits like a kitten. And no, the DLC are pretty much even. Skarlet, when used properly, is the biggest *****, ever. She's so good. Kenshi, has EASILY the highest damage output of all DLC with minimal effort. Rain has great tools to start juggles and keep them going, as well as pretty good damage once you get up in those harder hitting combos.

So......... I was right. I just found a 3 hit into X Ray that makes 48%. Now I'm reading on TYM that someone found a corner 60% 1 meter combo, and a 50% 1 meter midscreen combo. Also his teleport is safe and just as fast as Raiden's. Not to mention his very fast projectile that compares to Kano's knife speed. People are already calling him Top tier with Kung Lao.

Freddy hits like a kitten?? LOL. A hell kitten.

Also, Kenshi beats Skarlet on matchup numbers, and Rain and Kenshi are both even. And Freddy murders all of them.

So now that he's been released, how many people who said they were going to main a character that hadn't even come out yet just to piss off the people who didn't like Freddy changed their mind because they found out he sucks?

*airplane noises*

So now that he's been released, how many people who said they were going to main a character that hadn't even come out yet just to piss off the people who didn't like Freddy changed their mind because they found out he sucks?

*airplane noises*

Hate to burst ur bubble brah but everyone on TYM says that Kreuger has tools that could elevate him to a lofty top tier status

Of course!
Freddy is getting preferential treatment by NRS:
Only DLC character announced at a major convention
Only DLC character with a mandatory compatibility pack
Strongest (broken?) gameplay of all DLCs

Freddy => immediate RQ!

Of course!
Freddy is getting preferential treatment by NRS:

Freddy => immediate RQ!

Yeah NRS should have delayed the DLC or created their own major convention so the original characters could get a convention reveal.

Because the Compatibility pack comes with a patch. The others didnt.

Not knowing how to fight against a character doesnt = broken. Hell I could ***** and moan about Kenshi all night long cause all Kenshi players do are zone the crap out of you. Does that mean hes broken? No

I downloaded Freddy because I was one of the big fans of MK that wanted to have a complete version of the game, thus getting the season pass and getting him for free. However, I'm still with the peeps who aren't downloading the comp pack. I felt betrayed when I heard Freddy was the mystery character, like they made him a mystery to "trick" us into buying him. I had an online match with him once, and won, but I'm not gonna use him again, so I couldn't care less if people don't download the comp pack.

Good thing it's not mandatory on xbox

"He's big and he plays football and he'll kick the sh*t out of you!"

my favorite line from that movie lol

What if it wasnt "Freddy Krueger" but some weird looking person with wolverine looking claws and a stupid hat on? Would it be any different?

i was thinking about this to, the kind of difference it would make if it was a completely new character with claws for hands, but depends on how the character looked and backstory.

Yeah, I knew this thread was just going to be "BUT I DON WANNA FREDDY IN MY GAEMS!" when Ifirst clicked on it....

Weren't alot of the Freddy haters telling us to just "Get over it" when we asked for the mandatory Comp packs? Oh, the Irony.....