Best Quotes in Mortal Kombat History

reikoiskahn

We all know Mortal Kombat, as with many video games, has an abundance of cheesy lines. However, I do think there are some gems. This thread is intended for people to post the quotes from the franchise (be they game, movie, or otherwise) that feel like held the most weight in terms of effectiveness.

I nominate a more recent quote. It comes directly from Shinnok. After beating an opponent in the first round, he says and I quote, "There is fear in your heart!" I feel like this is a great quote because it truly paints Shinnok as an arrogant and confident boss. If you ask me, in the previous games, he lacked that element and it made his appearance as a boss suffer. When you combine the trash talk with the way he pimp slaps opponents and manipulates bone structures, you have a fully fleshed out Shinnok that wins all the way across the board, in my opinion. I know a lot of people would have been upset but I think Shinnok sealing Fujin inside the amulet would have fully cemented his legacy as a re-established villain and a great way to explain Fujin's absence from the rest of the story mode.

4517582-3473547149-latest.jpg

I hadn't thought of it before, but I agree that Fujin should have been trapped inside Shinnok's amulet. No one would then question his absence during the rest of Story mode and on the roster, and it would give him an extra plot dimension in MK11 -- whilst still letting him appear as a DLC character in MKX.

On the subject of Shinnok, he is probably the best thing about MKX. His voice, appearance and general demeanour are absolutely immense, and he feels incredibly cinematic in Story mode. He's a great villain, and MKX has certainly redeemed him from past games; he was always a character with awesome potential, but he never had the character investment and aesthetics that a proper boss character requires. He certainly does now.

His quotes are epic, and Troy Baker absolutely nails his voice in MKX.

"Not yet. He will bear witness as I conquer his realm. Then I will imprison him as he did me."

I hadn't thought of it before, but I agree that Fujin should have been trapped inside Shinnok's amulet. No one would then question his absence during the rest of Story mode and on the roster, and it would give him an extra plot dimension in MK11 -- whilst still letting him appear as a DLC character in MKX.

On the subject of Shinnok, he is probably the best thing about MKX. His voice, appearance and general demeanour are absolutely immense, and he feels incredibly cinematic in Story mode. He's a great villain, and MKX has certainly redeemed him from past games; he was always a character with awesome potential, but he never had the character investment and aesthetics that a proper boss character requires. He certainly does now.

His quotes are epic, and Troy Baker absolutely nails his voice in MKX.

"Not yet. He will bear witness as I conquer his realm. Then I will imprison him as he did me."

I'm pleasantly surprised that you agreed with me on the best lines coming from Shinnok, Mandead. I don't know why but I expected you to choose one of the ninjas.

Yeah, though, dude, something should've happened to explain Fujin's absence. It was like he just faded into obscurity. If there's a second Kombat Pack, I think it needs to be focused on the story mode. They need to add more chapters to explain some of the loose threads. We have no idea what happened to Fujin and Sareena, in addition to not knowing what the hell Jax ended up doing after he knocked Quan Chi out nor what become of Bo Rai Cho. I'd much rather have more story mode chapters added than more characters.

While we're on the subject of Shinnok, though, I also loved his rant when Johnny hit him from behind. "Miserable, retched, insignificant, speck of feculent scum!"

I'm pleasantly surprised that you agreed with me on the best lines coming from Shinnok, Mandead. I don't know why but I expected you to choose one of the ninjas.

Yeah, though, dude, something should've happened to explain Fujin's absence. It was like he just faded into obscurity. If there's a second Kombat Pack, I think it needs to be focused on the story mode. They need to add more chapters to explain some of the loose threads. We have no idea what happened to Fujin and Sareena, in addition to not knowing what the hell Jax ended up doing after he knocked Quan Chi out nor what become of Bo Rai Cho. I'd much rather have more story mode chapters added than more characters.

While we're on the subject of Shinnok, though, I also loved his rant when Johnny hit him from behind. "Miserable, retched, insignificant, speck of feculent scum!"

When I watched the first twenty minutes of story mode when it was released on IGN I was laughing so hard when I heard that line because it fits Shinnok so well. It's such a shame that the story just goes so downhill after the first chapter. I really do feel like they nailed Shinnok this time around, and it sucks that he's probably gonna be gone for a long time after this game. He's all I could have ever asked for though other than maybe a few more skeleton hand specials/normals.

My game is in spanish and I'm too lazy to set my PS4 to the english language and hear them.

Besides the spanish dub is simply amazing.

I loved Johnny Cage in MK9 lol

"I'm taking you down, I'm taking you down, I'm taking you out, I'm taking you out, and I'm taking you out... for dinner."

"Put that on your... barbie.. shrimp"

"He was too busy punching me in the face"

"The prince of hindering me"

"I need no further sophistication"

"You are unfit to live"

"Hide beneath your mother's skirts" I probably didn't quote this correctly. It's what Kitana says to Cassie when she completely dominates her in a round

"I trust no Kahn!"

"I don't need anger to kill"

"I know one of many" - Kitana referring to Quan Chi about "Finally finding a way to kill him"

"Both you and your realm are dead" - Kitana vs Kitana

"I will kill you Thunder God"

"Lowly neophyte" - Kitana vs Kung Jin

"I never considered you at all" - Kitana vs Takeda

"Our realm is dead as will you be" - Kitana vs Tanya

Kitana: Ugh Cage

Johnny: You want some of me?

Kitana: Am fairly certain no one does

Me: Sonya did

I also general enjoy the battle cries from Cassie and Jacqui, but Kitana is the diva of MKX to me

Cage had some pretty good lines in the movie, especially when Raiden confronts him about going after Goro.

I made a choice. This is OUR tournament, remember? Mortal Kombat. WE fight it!

And then this line always gets me:

I'm in a hostile environment. I'm totally unprepared. And I'm surrounded by a bunch of guys who probably want to kick my ass... it's like being back in high school.

And pretty much anything that Sub-Zero says because Sub-Zero.

And Ferra... With Torr's grunts.

Last edited:
"Seen your brother lately."
"Noob Saibot's whereabouts are unknown."
"He calls to you from the other side."

Dem feelz. :bawling:
R.I.P original Sub-Zero.

"GET OVER HERE!" -(needs no introduction)

"Let's get something straight! I am not a ninja, I am Lin Kuei! Scorpion was a ninja!" -Sub-Zero

"I hurt my leg!" -Raiden and Jarek

"Blood for blood, your debt is paid!" -Scorpion

"I smell something..........Bullshit!" -Sonya

"Those were $500 sunglasses, asshole!" -Johnny Cage

"The price of hindering me!" -Kitana

"Do not question me, Sareena, and more importantly, DO NOT FAIL ME! We have toyed with the ninja long enough..." -Quan Chi

"JOHNNYBOUGHTACAR!!!!!" -Raiden

"You want ME to carry your luggage?" -Liu Kang

"You want some fries with that whoopass?!" -Jax

"TOASTY!" -Dan Forden

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
"Seen your brother lately."
"Noob Saibot's whereabouts are unknown."
"He calls to you from the other side."

Dem feelz. :bawling:
R.I.P original Sub-Zero.

That means that noob is not dead. He is out there somewhere

"Rain falls where it may" (Rain, 2015).

"I saw you staring" (Mileena, 2015).

"So much blooooooooooood" (Mileena, 2015).

I have a lot.

Quan Chi
“DO NOT FAIL ME!” –MKMSZ to Sareena
“The Elder Gods are dead. Raiden is Dead. And thanks to you, Shinnok…IS DEAD!” –MKG to Baraka
"If it weren't from me, you would still be a tortured soul. Rotting in the pits of the Netherrealm!" – MK4 to Shinnok
"I do more than question you Shinnok. I challenge you!" –MK4 to Shinnok
“Do you wish to beg for mercy from your new master, the lord Shinnok?” –MK4 to Lui Kang

Shinnok
“I could kill you with a mere thought!” –MK4 to Reptile

Raiden
“You’re Mad!” –MK4 to Shinnok

Mileena
"I will take something of yours... your life!" –MKX
“I saw you staring.” -MKX
“You’ve become quite the bore.” –MKX

Jacqui Briggs
“You’re winter, I’m Summer!” –MKX to Subzero

Ferra/Torr
“Mac-Mac.” –Ermac
“Bang bang.” –Erron Black
“Pretty girl.” –Jacqui/Kitana
“Can't-See-Man.” -Kenshi
“Boo Kahn!” –Kotal Kahn
“No Kahn!” –Mileena
“Ferra blade girl too!” –Sonya
“Big teeth! Nasty.” –Mileena

D’Vorah
“Ko’atal…” –Kotal Kahn

Sindel
“To bad YOU (dramatic pause) will die.” –MK:Annihilation to Kitana (Don’t act like that wasn’t the best line in that movie. That was the only good thing about that movie.)

You missed the part where Kung Lao replied with "He calls to you from the other side," which implies Noob Saibot being dead.

Can he die though?

He's a revenant, a shadow revenant, he's undead and belongs to the Netherrealm, so he's in the other side because that's where he lives.

Really didn't expect this thread to get so many replies. I went to take a nap and came back to a busload of comments. I read all of them and jeez, I forgot about some of those quotes. Props to you guys for remembering so much. I also really like that Shinnok's name is being brought up so much. I never intended for this to be a "Why Shinnok has the best lines in Mortal Kombat history" thread but it is great to see that I'm not the only one who thinks he was damn near a verbal assassin, lol.

I do think Tanya's interaction with Tremor is great, too.
Tremor: What do you want, Tanya?
Tanya: Nothing you have, Tremor.

That's how you show your sass!

I love all Subbie's quotes about cold and its variants, it's so cheesy and cliché :laugh:

"You will know the sting of winter"
"I will freeze your soul"

Etc.