Batman: Arkham Knight

C-Sword

235449_xb1_ajaptq.png

The “explosive finale” to the revived Batman videogame series started by Rocksteady with 2009’s Batman: Arkham Asylum. Scarecrow, Penguin, Two-Face, and Harley Quinn are confirmed villains that will appear in the game.

Interestingly, the GAME listing also purportedly talks about “Rocksteady’s uniquely designed version of the Batmobile, which is drivable for the first time in the franchise.” It seems that the Batmobile will be usable in addition to the normal exploration found in previous iterations in the series (such as the ability to “soar across the skyline of the entirety of Gotham City”).

The game is reportedly targeting PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.

black93472340.jpg

crouch604056845.jpg

So DC Comics has only 1 super hero worthy of having his own game...

I'm surprised that they did not give Superman a shot after the release of MOS

Last edited:
As much as I like the Batman, Superman is the original super hero, and he gets that stupid-ass N64 game?! That ain't right!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

They're completing their trilogy like they should. So glad to see its not holding back for the old systems. This probably means it'll run on the unreal 4 engine and push things further. Rocksteady is great at what they do.

Since this is the last Arkham game from them, I wouldn't be surprised if wb had then work on another franchise after.

Pretty much stoked for Arkham Knight and finally I will invest in an Xbone for this game alone! Can't wait for it!

For now, the Freeze DLC will hold me over until it comes out.

Remember that "Watcher in the Wings" side quest ending? Well here it is, it is pretty much a metaphor for the events that will happen in Arkham Knight.

Last edited:
Edit: Here's some additional details provided by Gameinformer by Batman Arkham Videos.

Last edited:
Last Batman game for Rocksteady, will work on something totally new next.

There will be a brand new villain, something made by Rocksteady that they say will be the ultimate test for Batman

Batmobile can be called at any moment with a button.

The city streets are much wider to allow for the batmobile. You will rocket jump off ramps and do all sorts of cool maneuvers.

You can eject jump out of the batmobile right into a super fast glide straight through the glass of a building to knock out enemies. They said glass breaking will be a big new thing.

New moves include being able to use all your gadgets during flight. You now have a counter throw where you counter a guy and throw him into another guy. A new quick ground takedown. A quick backflip where you then throw a batarang in an enemies face.

For the predator sections you can now chain takedowns of up to four enemies. For instance pop out of a grate and take one guy, jump to the next and so on. You can now enter grates from a distance, he will automatically do a jump or roll to enter them.

Riddler challenges seem to be car based. The first one has you enter a sort of Riddler race track where you have to activate walls and ramps, when you activate one another closes so as you drive you have to be constantly turning on and off these ramps as you navigate the course.

Batmobile fires missles and stun guns. It destroys anything it touches so if you bump into cars the cars go flying. It's basically unstoppable.

Story is that after Joker's death all the criminals decided to work together and their plan comes together this night where they plan to kill batman.

Oracle will play a larger role, you get to visit her base and talk to her, tons of batman easter eggs included.

Kevin Conroy is Batman, all the previous voice actors are back.

Gotham City is 5 times bigger than AC. Split into 3 areas. NO LOAD TIMES at all, entering buildings is seemless.

They spend a bunch of time talking about how detailed the models are, one character has more polygons than the environment of Asylum.

Batman will start off with the old batsuit and upgrade at some point in the game.

Running on their modified Unreal engine.

Yeah if you liked the campy batman, lol.

Where would Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer, George Clooney, and Christian Bale be today if it weren't for the Mayor of Quahog, Rhode Island? He even sent Alex Trebek to the 5th dimension by making him say his own name backwards!

From my understanding, this guy is suppose to be the "Arkham Knight".....

3093ot3.jpg

I love the Arkham games but they really need to make some major changes if they want to keep people interested. On the plus side, this game is next gen only so I'm assuming it's going to run on a completely different engine. Trailer was awesome. Harley Quinn :love:

Anyone else think the "Arkham Knight" is the warden who thought he was Amadeus Arkham in asylum? ...or at least someone related/close to Sharp and/or Amadeus? Even if it's a newly made up character ties can be drawn if the story fits and it would bring things back from the 1st game and might help explain why every game has arkham in the title aside from brand recognition....

I haven't played origins yet so I don't know (or want to know) if there is a connection at all to anything arkham related but the notion of adding arkham to the title in every game was a fear I had when city was announced. Arkham city however made sense to me still origins in just about every way turned me off in it's promotion except for playable deathstroke. What grounds does arkham have to be in the title?

Either way it's only a small gripe to have and I don't care that much in the end I want rocksteady to finish off their trilogy and hopfully feel satisfied.

Where would Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer, George Clooney, and Christian Bale be today if it weren't for the Mayor of Quahog, Rhode Island? He even sent Alex Trebek to the 5th dimension by making him say his own name backwards!

there is no Quahog Rhode Island. And its pronounced "kwaw-hog" not "ko-hog"