Baraka Thread - *Ching Ching* "RAAAAAR!"

been really trying to main Baraka now, as I've never really had another besides Sektor in this game.

I've always liked him even way back when on Trilogy, but noticed some people saying he wasnt good and I took that too far. But after playing as him enough, he really kicks ass. He's more of a simple styled character to play (not in terms of difficulty) but just most of his moves are slashes and I like that. His blade charge really comes in handy right after every combo it seems.

plan on making this dude my second main. And I only need 2 characters to be satisfied

hi all, my first post on the forum. baraka is my main and i really have problems beating guys using sindel with basic jumping and low projectiles, its almost ridiculous. maybe baraka should have a rage mode where he could walk through projectiles.

Nahh thats to easy. just get better with your movement, baraka has a very good anti air move to counter jumping attacks. just stick at it and youll beat that crazy haired psycho b!!!h

We need more updates to Baraka!
I have a wall combo atm 2 2 1+2 , B3 1 (x2), 4, Enhanced Blade Spin = 40%
2 2 1+2 can be replaced with B3 1 but it does 39% damage :D
The last enhanced blade spin can be replaced with an Xray on the first combo for 47% Damage, but if you use the second starter ( B3, 1) it does 48% o_O Weird stuff

Last edited:
Well hello all. Thought I needed to add a new character to my current 4. Went through a bunch and yes, I quite like Baraka!

Already found a nasty lil corner combo with him.

2, 2, 2+1, B3, 1, B3, 1, 121, special....this will give you around 40%, all without the need of any meter.

It's a shame his Ex blade charge doesn't go full screen as I imagine he must struggle to get in on zoners.

Baraka vs Zoner.

Zoner wins. Who's bright idea was it to not give him full screen ex charge blade?

Fvcken retarded.

Baraka does have a tough time with zoners, but it isn't a lost cause.

The entire time you are advancing, they are backing up.
Putting themselves in a corner, which is where Baraka gets nasty.

But against Noob, Baraka is a lost cause.

Every rushdown character has at least one move to over come zoning. Baraka has one that you have to be mid screen to do.

FAIL.

Yes, Baraka is severely neutered outside of his corners.

He needs a move like those of Street Fighter X Tekken, where they go under/through projectiles.

In fairness, one dash and Ex blade charge covers the distance but its ridiculous that he has to do that when Cage and LK don't. I like Baraka, but he needs something, one thing that makes him stand out. Arguably Cage annd LK are better up close. They can also get in quicker and they are better zoners then him. He needs something to make him stand out from them. He has quite a lot of combos though. Does he have an overhead?

His u4 is an overhead and its unexpected at the same time!

It hops right over Sub's slide.

Also I think his 2,2 1+2 is an overhead.
I could be wrong though.

Since I was last here i've been using Baraka more, and wow...the guy is a beast! SZ and Ermac are a pain in the ass to fight, but other than them, he can hold his own against most! And some of his combos are SO POWERFUL!

I know he is getting some of his corner stuff taken away, but jp, 3, 1, 3, 1, 3, 1, B1, F2, Spin does something like 44% damage. All that without any meter.

Also, jp, 3, 1, 3, 1, F2, 4 does 32% damage.
Jp, 3, 1, B1, 1, Blade lunge does around 34% damage.

The thing with Baraka is, once he gets momentum going, he is hard to stop, BUT I think that is the only way to be effective with him. You have to run full steam. Took a pretty good player out last night in KOH, xXBigBigXx, with a 11 win streak. Beat him with Baraka, he was Kano. Maybe he just wasn't familiar with Baraka, but I couldnt beat this guy with Sindel or my even my WMD, Nightwolf. Props to BigBig, he had a massive amount of skill with a wide range of cast members.

Baraka doesn't have much in the way of resets, but he makes up for it with quite a versatile range of different combos cancelled into various specials. You can cancel his XRay into 90% of his combos, and the XRay actually scales VERY WELL. I've gotten corner combo XRays between 50-60% with this guy.

EDIT: Barakas U3 is also very good for extending corner combo juggles, and it does something stupid like, 11% (uppercut damage).

Last edited:
His reset is F+4, I find it very good. Have to try that corner combo though, damn thats sick. Only one I do is B+3,1 B+3,1 B+3,1 F+4(Reset) then maybe B+3,2 slices or 2,2, 1+2 into a combo. Still wish someone would update this guide though

U+3 has alot of good qualities to it I find. It is a corner combo starter and has nice knockback

His reset is F+4, I find it very good. Have to try that corner combo though, damn thats sick. Only one I do is B+3,1 B+3,1 B+3,1 F+4(Reset) then maybe B+3,2 slices or 2,2, 1+2 into a combo. Still wish someone would update this guide though

U+3 has alot of good qualities to it I find. It is a corner combo starter and has nice knockback

Ahh, F4 is his knee right? You can add another 4 for a double knee. I've seen a coupla videos that shows quite a lot of combo potential, I think you can even use a sweep off of that.

Once you get the ball going with this guy, and they dont know whether to block the low F3, or his U4 attack, this guy can steam roll. Haha, he is surprisingly very good against Derp Lao and especially Raiden, though Cyrax is another matter all together.

Yeah I like using him, Once I learn Sheeva(Another underrated character) My mains will be Sheeva Baraka and Sindel. After the upcoming patch I will be sad to say Sindel will be the worst out of those three(as a character, I will always be better with her than anybody else).

Sindel is getting buffed. Her Ex carthwheel will have armour now, which is pretty good.

I WISH they would buff her ex hair grab. That move does 1-2% more than her normal grab, which I cannot be right.

Id rather them make 2,1 able to combo into scream, or at least make players able to 4 into a special-_-

Baraka is awesome though

X-ray corner combo: B+3,1 B+3,1 B+3,1 B+1,1 X-ray: 49% damage
Regular corner combo: B+3,1 B+3,1 B+3,1 B+1, F+2(Thanks flagg): 35% damage

He has a really nice 34% combo that you can land anywhere, though it is REALLY hard to do online for some reason.

Jp, B3, 1, dash, B3, 1, Dash, F2, 4.

I can do it in training room all day. Online, I can land it like...1 in 5 times, which makes me not to rely on it too heavily unfortunately.