Australia Refuses to Classify Mortal Kombat (2011) [UPDATED: WB is Appealing]

Re: Australia Refuses to Classify Mortal Kombat (2011)

I guess I'll need to move to the US sooner rather than later then. I always hated Australia anyway so it was only a matter of time.

Just got my email. I am extremely disappointed. I feel so gutted right now.

And I'll just sit here, waiting for the 'Australia bans X' jokes.

Australia is an absouloyte backeard ****ing joke...I live here, trust me....I know...its like 100 yearbs behind the rest of the world, and all the stereo types are true....9/10 people here are just fat lazy alcho's with no brains or culture....**** im so pissed off

you knnow aust gamers if importaning this game, we will have access to NO DLC! NOW!

also shoakhans fatalitie...lol...ANOTHER TORSO RIP!>!>>!

Australia is an absouloyte backeard ****ing joke...I live here, trust me....I know...its like 100 yearbs behind the rest of the world, and all the stereo types are true....9/10 people here are just fat lazy alcho's with no brains or culture....**** im so pissed off

you knnow aust gamers if importaning this game, we will have access to NO DLC! NOW!

Most ironic post EVER.

I'm glad I'm not in Australia.

Wow, that sucks, I really feel bad for you dudes. Good luck on getting the imports.

This really sucks for Australia MK fans! :( I'm sure TotalMK will be posting a furious rant on YouTube soon lol. Maybe NRS will tone down the violence and make it acceptable to those idiots, but of course this game would suck without it. Importing will be the only option.

100 years behind the rest of the world? Do you live in NT or something? I call BS on you even living in Australia. And my guess is you're drunk.

Added a quote from the CEO of IGEA on the matter in the first post.

I live in perth man, its a backward ****in dive...andi t is behind the rest of the world hahah late night shopping once a night, the whole state shus at 5.30 pm hahaah

I live in perth man, its a backward ****in dive...andi t is behind the rest of the world hahah late night shopping once a night, the whole state shus at 5.30 pm hahaah

Move to Melb's or Sydney dude.

Last edited:

To go back to the spoilers article real quick. It said there are 4 fatalities per character and over 60 total (which I assume means less than 70). Does that mean there are only between 15 - 17 characters?

100 years behind the rest of the world? Do you live in NT or something? I call BS on you even living in Australia. And my guess is you're drunk.

NT is Nothern Territory right? :D I'm from the US (Florida), but I know my geography lol. Yeah, that statement from Spader is really rude and certainly not true. Aussie people are very friendly!

Please no one listen to Spader. Ain't nothing but a troll. Meanwhile, I got my phone call from EB games with the bad news too. Something must be done about this. Can we start a petition or something? The board's website doesn't seem to have much info in the way of disputing its decisions...

"The Office of Film and Literature Classification have made a unanimous ruling to ban Mortal Kombat for sale or import into Australia, as it is a unanimous decision we’ve been told they are unable to lodge an appeal."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but to me that spells doom for ever acquiring and playing MK legitimately in Australia.

order it of playasia.com dude

what can stop you from getting it?

This really sucks for Australia MK fans! :( I'm sure TotalMK will be posting a furious rant on YouTube soon lol. Maybe NRS will tone down the violence and make it acceptable to those idiots, but of course this game would suck without it. Importing will be the only option.

NO NO NO NO

just let them import it why shud every1 else have to suffer.....