The Official Help Love Cowboy Decide On A Console Thread

Love Cowboy

Yeah, so anyway I've decided come hell or high water that I'm combining my Christmas gift money with a portion of my upcoming tax refund on finally joining you fellas (and ladies) in the current console generation. It will still be a couple of months yet, and I plan on thoroughly vetting my decision. This is where you folks come into play. What should I get? And why?

*GASP*

Well if your looking for exclusive content and free online, the PS3 is the way to go!
Why worry about red ring of death and constant paying of the online when you can buy the better system today.

@yung PS3 yellow light of death = Xbox 360 red ring of death

@LC base your decision on the types of games that you play.

Here is my example not my opinion;

Shooters / exclusive games = 360
Fighters (because of the D-pad), Action Adventure, Platformer, = PS3
RPG = Nintendo

Pffft nobody gets the yellow light of death so frequently

(Warning: The above statement is said out of ignorance)

(Warning: The above statement is said out of urban inner city public schooling)

http://www.consoledoctor.co.uk/more-info/25/yellow-light-of-death

"This is a very common fault and if your PlayStation 3 is suffering from any of these symptoms, books this repair. The fault has been attributed to the GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) or the CPU (Central Processing Unit) overheating, which causes the solder balls underneath them to crack. In some cases it is necessary to remove the chips and apply new ones, at no extra cost. This fault is often described as the 'yellow light of death' or 'traffic lights' all are the same fault. Our quality control department ensure the console has been put through a vigorous testing procedure before posting. We will return any discs that were left inside the console before the fault occurred."

LC,

Which console do most of your IRL friends have?
Do you guys share the same interests in games?
^^
If you know the answer to both of those questions, then go with that console.

If your friends don't have a current gen (PS3 or 360) or share your interests in games, then I'd get the console based off of what rikolaw said:

RPG = Nintendo

Pretty much this.

For this thread, I'll refer you to Aleister Crowley's famous quote of "do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law", so get whatever console you want!

I got the PS3 mainly because
* I am personally more comfortable with the controller, especially with the d-pad for fighting games
* can play PS1 games, the first two generations of PS3s can also play PS2 games
* free online (I rarely play online, I mostly use it for downloading stuff)

There are a couple of games on Xbox Live I wish were available on PSN. Oh well....Overall there isn't a huge gap between the X360 and PS3.

@yung PS3 yellow light of death = Xbox 360 red ring of death

@LC base your decision on the types of games that you play.

Here is my example not my opinion;

RPG = Nintendo

add racers to 360 and your 100% on the spot

I really get infuriated when people bring up the Red Rings, since technically, the Yellow Light of Piss on Ps3 is more of a problem.

Microsoft extended all warantees on all older 360s by 4 years. I got the Red Rings, and I got it fixed for free, and my Xbox is old.

My friend has a ps3. It got the Yellow Light, and the warantee already expired. So no more ps3 for him.

Like Riko said, ps3 for fighters, Xbox for shooters. I thoroughly enjoy Gears of War, so I'd never give up my 360 for a ps3, but I do want a ps3 for Uncharted and Heavy Rain.

Ps3 is good, but Xbox is better, in my opinion. But I do think a ps3 would be more suitable for LC.

And no one mention paying for online. If you can spend hundreds of dollars on video games, accessories, and DLC, I don't see why $60 is such a problem.

Honestly, Cowboy isn't a hardcore game god. He isn't doing Dr. Doom swag combos in Marvel and he wont be soloing Horde mode.

Get a WiiU Cowboy Jones. Fun for you and Rita. Plus its bound to have some Final Fantasy games, which you love for some reason.

For this thread, I'll refer you to Aleister Crowley's famous quote of "do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law", so get whatever console you want!

Dude, I PLAN on getting the one I want. I just don't KNOW which I want. I'm asking you to help me figure out which one I want.
I'm not asking you guys to order me what to do

Virtual Boy

go for it cowboy

I get the joke, but all kidding aside, I did actually try one out back in the day.

Honestly, Cowboy isn't a hardcore game god. He isn't doing Dr. Doom swag combos in Marvel and he wont be soloing Horde mode.

Get a WiiU Cowboy Jones. Fun for you and Rita. Plus its bound to have some Final Fantasy games, which you love for some reason.

I appreciate the consideration of my actual needs, BBBLP. Still, I did kind of want to actually attempt some of the kind of games you guys are always talking about. I already have my standard Wii for the REALLY casual stuff. And with the PS3 or X360, I still have the whole backlog of older titles to think about, whereas with the WiiU it will be all new releases, and then when Sony and Microsoft's new generation comes out, I'll be in the same boat I am now.

I did actually try one out back in the day.
lol really? how was you experience.

Love Cowboy said:
I appreciate the consideration of my actual needs, BBBLP. Still, I did kind of want to actually attempt some of the kind of games you guys are always talking about. I already have my standard Wii for the REALLY casual stuff. And with the PS3 or X360, I still have the whole backlog of older titles to think about, whereas with the WiiU it will be all new releases, and then when Sony and Microsoft's new generation comes out, I'll be in the same boat I am now.

Yea, dont want to repeat yourself.
I guess look up what exclusives each console has and which ever you seem more interested in go with that one.
Also I guess go to walmart or something and get the grip of the controllers on display to see which one you like better. Just dont stand there too long

(imagines cowboy creating a long ass line and telling a 5 year old kid behind him to fvck off,
then goes to the kiddie ride at the front of the store and does the same.)

There are a couple of games on Xbox Live I wish were available on PSN.

If it were me, this might very well be the biggest crux of my decision.

If you haven't given enough of a shit about all the shiny new FPS's, RPG's, MMO's and MMOFPRPSWTFNAMBLA's to pick up a PS360 by now, then you'll probably want to consider the support for retro-style downloadable titles. I'd guess that stuff is right up LC's alley, and the 360 has the edge there.

EDIT: Totally forgot about the Wii-U 'cause I couldn't give two shits about it, but keep in mind that, like the Wii, it's basically last-gen hardware. That means MK10 is likely a no-go, and unless NRS is considering an MK9 port, enjoy your MK-less gaming machine.

So no matter which way you go, you're kinda ****ed.

Last edited:
EDIT: Totally forgot about the Wii-U 'cause I couldn't give two shits about it, but keep in mind that, like the Wii, it's basically last-gen hardware. That means MK10 is likely a no-go, and unless NRS is considering an MK9 port, enjoy your MK-less gaming machine.

So no matter which way you go, you're kinda ****ed.

Not true DCR, the wii u can handle unreal 4; mk9 is on unreal 3. Still no MK though unless the devs port the game themselves because Epic has little to no plans of porting the engine.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/07/unreal_engine_4_ports_possible_on_wii_u

lol really? how was you experience.

Piece of shit was basically the '90s equivalent of the Vectrex. Why Nintendo ever thought it would sell is beyond me.

If you haven't given enough of a shit about all the shiny new FPS's, RPG's, MMO's and MMOFPRPSWTFNAMBLA's to pick up a PS360 by now, then you'll probably want to consider the support for retro-style downloadable titles. I'd guess that stuff is right up LC's alley, and the 360 has the edge there.

It's not that I haven't given a shit... I just didn't see a point in shelling out the dough for an HD gaming system when I didn't have an HDTV bigger than the tiny 13-inch in my bedroom. The fact that my in-laws so awesomely got us a 40-inch for Christmas is what is making this a reality for me.

Tell me more about what you are saying about the downloadable titles. I find it interesting you are suggesting a 360 since everyone else here seems to be suggesting PS3 for me, even Shirayuki Mizore who has had more sex with his 360 than he has had with women.

You don't need to have an HDTV, to enjoy a console.

I had a 360 without an HDTV for a long time :p

And I don't have sex with my Xbox. I have sex with Resident Evil.