Kitana Thread - "You'll Learn Respect!"

I cant believe Im saying this but I'm going to drop Kitana for Sonya.. I dont know how to rush with her. I have high damage Combos but I dont know how to rush with her

as a kitana player, this severely hurts my feelings. kitana is a very good rushdown character. d1 into cutting fan is ur bestfriend when it comes to rushing. cutting fan pressure is the key to her rushdown game. once I get inside, most players can't get me off of them. but if rushing isn't your thing with kit, then try zoning since she is arguable one of the top zoners in the game. I'm not saying forget about sonya, but don't give up on kitana! for an s rank character, there isn't really any good ones lol.

on a side note, I too picked up sonya lol. she's awesome but highly technical. but once u get muscle memory down, learn her reset, comboing after dive mick and mastering MS canceling, she's NASTY!

You don't rush with Kitana. d+1~cutter only pressures players that don't know the matchup. Kitana up close is forcing the opponent to block so you can throw or forcing them to low poke so you can f+2,1. It's limited and generic but it works. Her strength is zoning and runaway. If you want to to rush you should choose a different character.

as a kitana player, this severely hurts my feelings. kitana is a very good rushdown character. d1 into cutting fan is ur bestfriend when it comes to rushing. cutting fan pressure is the key to her rushdown game. once I get inside, most players can't get me off of them. but if rushing isn't your thing with kit, then try zoning since she is arguable one of the top zoners in the game. I'm not saying forget about sonya, but don't give up on kitana! for an s rank character, there isn't really any good ones lol.

on a side note, I too picked up sonya lol. she's awesome but highly technical. but once u get muscle memory down, learn her reset, comboing after dive mick and mastering MS canceling, she's NASTY!

You don't rush with Kitana. d+1~cutter only pressures players that don't know the matchup. Kitana up close is forcing the opponent to block so you can throw or forcing them to low poke so you can f+2,1. It's limited and generic but it works. Her strength is zoning and runaway. If you want to to rush you should choose a different character.

I'll try what you guys said next time I use her.. :)

Does this blue ***** even have a bad match up?

Sorry for the salty post, but i've gone up against a couple of good Kitanas and I swear, that fan zoning is just ridiculous.

Baraka and CSZ are probably my best characters at the moment, and I swear...they are very limited in what they can do to her. I also use Nightwolf and Sindel.

MK 2011 is the only MK game where Kitana actually looks good/pretty (MY OPINION). So I don't get why people say she looks awesome in Armageddon and Deception!

I'm not concerned with her MJ nose, just keep the mask on and keep wriggling that ass.

Her fans do concern me though.

I'm not concerned with her MJ nose, just keep the mask on and keep wriggling that ass.

Well, yea, but in Armageddon and Deception her everything was ugly ( CLOTHING, HAIR, FACE, JUST EVERYTHING!)

Trading CSZ ice ball didnt work? Teleporting works also, BUT! You have to have good reaction to beat the fans Lol i think mileena is a tough match up for her.

Mileena > Kitana :)

Well, yea, but in Armageddon and Deception her everything was ugly ( CLOTHING, HAIR, FACE, JUST EVERYTHING!)

Sorry for the double post, It would be nice if we kept the topic on her gameplay and not looks go to the other kitana thread for talk about how UGLY she is. :(

Trading CSZ ice ball didnt work? Teleporting works also, BUT! You have to have good reaction to beat the fans Lol i think mileena is a tough match up for her.

Mileena > Kitana :)

No. CSZ probably has the worst teleport in the game. If she lets fly a air fan, you cannot teleport in time. In fact, often if you anticipate the fan, you still cant teleport in time.

He also has the slowest projectile in the game, and often fans interupt his animation enough to stop it, and you HAVE to use that from far away (his ice ball). His EX Ice ball is good for stopping her jumping around, providing you dont trade a fan which prevents you from closing in on her for a combo.

Kitana, followed by Jax are about CSZ WORST match ups. So. Effing. Hard..

Baraka doesn't have much more luck, because sure you can ex charge in, but she gets off a square wave punch and its back to navigating the fan minefield.

There are some characters in this game I consider lame, and I refuse to main them. Mileena is one, Raiden, Reptile, Kung Lao and Sub Zero are the other lame characters (imo). Ugh, I need an "anti-Kitana" character. All my mains struggle like Hell against her.

No. CSZ probably has the worst teleport in the game. If she lets fly a air fan, you cannot teleport in time. In fact, often if you anticipate the fan, you still cant teleport in time.

He also has the slowest projectile in the game, and often fans interupt his animation enough to stop it, and you HAVE to use that from far away (his ice ball). His EX Ice ball is good for stopping her jumping around, providing you dont trade a fan which prevents you from closing in on her for a combo.

Kitana, followed by Jax are about CSZ WORST match ups. So. Effing. Hard..

Baraka doesn't have much more luck, because sure you can ex charge in, but she gets off a square wave punch and its back to navigating the fan minefield.

There are some characters in this game I consider lame, and I refuse to main them. Mileena is one, Raiden, Reptile, Kung Lao and Sub Zero are the other lame characters (imo). Ugh, I need an "anti-Kitana" character. All my mains struggle like Hell against her.

HEY! Mileena is not lame <_< lol but i feel your pain.. I need a Anti Cage main also frame traps Ughhh.. Try ducking under fans when you see them coming, Use his far dive kick that's the goto GET THE FUKC OUT THE AIR move.

Does this blue ***** even have a bad match up?

Sorry for the salty post, but i've gone up against a couple of good Kitanas and I swear, that fan zoning is just ridiculous.

Baraka and CSZ are probably my best characters at the moment, and I swear...they are very limited in what they can do to her. I also use Nightwolf and Sindel.

hey hey hey! be careful what you call me wife lol. but yea...even tho kitana is s tier, she does have bad matchups. kabal is definitely a bad match for her. so is kenshi. and since you use sindel, sindl actually beat kitana in a zoning game. but I think her only true bad matchups are kabal and kenshi. people would say mileena Is a bad match, but that match is an even 5-5

hey hey hey! be careful what you call me wife lol. but yea...even tho kitana is s tier, she does have bad matchups. kabal is definitely a bad match for her. so is kenshi. and since you use sindel, sindl actually beat kitana in a zoning game. but I think her only true bad matchups are kabal and kenshi. people would say mileena Is a bad match, but that match is an even 5-5

I agree with all of this. I'd also add Reptile although Kabal and Kenshi are worse. Liu Kang might be bad too, I haven't played a top Liu Kang much. A Liu that's mastered his IAF could be an obnoxious fight for her.

I agree with all of this. I'd also add Reptile although Kabal and Kenshi are worse. Liu Kang might be bad too, I haven't played a top Liu Kang much. A Liu that's mastered his IAF could be an obnoxious fight for her.

Even though I prefer rush down characters, I have been considering Kenshi...

If u are being drove nuts by fan zoning just duck without blocking. No damage is dealt and they will have to come to u eventually.

Hey that's pretty helpful. I main Sub-Zero and sometimes I get tired of throwing out Ex Ice slide only to have the same rotation down to me again, or eat up a huge combo with no breaker

i find smoke is ok against kitana ???

ivital, i find baraka poses a challenge for johnny.

Lol I'm to lazy to learn another character! Thats why i just learn there Cons and Pros just to get by, But i will spend i little time in the lab with him and maybe read his gameplay thread. Tbh i hate his rushdown play style, i like to be defensive and play Keep away (Thats why i <3 milly) :D