Kitana UNBALANCED air juggle?!?! keeps you suspended 1 minute WTF!!!!

I don't get why people have to behave like this. The OP is just expressing his opinion, as well as all the others who replied. I know you don't agree, but everyone should stop being rude and sarcastic.
Instead of arguing, give him tips on how to improve when facing Kitana, he already said the mains Sub-Zero.
Peace

all in all, u rarely see a good kitana player. im not the ULTIMATE kitana player, but it does take a bit of effort 2 defeat me. & if ur still bothered, try & do that combo, its really difficult.

Just to say my opinion:
It doesn't matter if it's hard to pull off or not. If it's possible, it's pretty much 1/2 your hp done without any bars (to the best of my knowledge), while still being able to combo breaker, or even xray. If you get hit by this combo, you get into a serious disadvantage, it's possible to win, but it won't be that easy. In general you can't combo breaker, you're subjected of getting hit by this combo again after recovery (if baited correctly), it will hurt, and it doesn't help that Kitana is a good 'zoner' as well as a rushdown type of guy.
Of course it's possible to not be launched in this combo, and it isn't easily pulled off. But does it make it balanced because of those options? The damage is just simply high for no reason, the most damage I can do is with Cyber Sub Zero and t.hat's with X-Ray and requires corner (55%), meterless would be 38% (but requires good timing).
I'm not going to say Kitana needs to be nerfed in total, but that combo needs to be toned down to be combo breaker-able. I don't mind the damage, but I'd prefer being able to escape it. I wouldn't disagree or agree with toning down the damage, assuming it'll be combo breaker-able (assuming NRS does anything about it, which I doubt it would).
IMO: no jumping and dash block and don't let Kitana get away and Kitana will fall (which is my game plan anyways).

Just to say my opinion:
It doesn't matter if it's hard to pull off or not. If it's possible, it's pretty much 1/2 your hp done without any bars (to the best of my knowledge), while still being able to combo breaker, or even xray. If you get hit by this combo, you get into a serious disadvantage, it's possible to win, but it won't be that easy. In general you can't combo breaker, you're subjected of getting hit by this combo again after recovery (if baited correctly), it will hurt, and it doesn't help that Kitana is a good 'zoner' as well as a rushdown type of guy.
Of course it's possible to not be launched in this combo, and it isn't easily pulled off. But does it make it balanced because of those options? The damage is just simply high for no reason, the most damage I can do is with Cyber Sub Zero and t.hat's with X-Ray and requires corner (55%), meterless would be 38% (but requires good timing).
I'm not going to say Kitana needs to be nerfed in total, but that combo needs to be toned down to be combo breaker-able. I don't mind the damage, but I'd prefer being able to escape it. I wouldn't disagree or agree with toning down the damage, assuming it'll be combo breaker-able (assuming NRS does anything about it, which I doubt it would).
IMO: no jumping and dash block and don't let Kitana get away and Kitana will fall (which is my game plan anyways).

Yes, it hard to pull off and yes it deals a lot of damage, but what should you expect from a combo that totals almost 20 hits? It's not like this is Liu's Fierce Dragon string that someone can just keep repeating and get over 10 hits. It takes practice, timing and the actual ability to get it to work in a real match. It's not high for no reason, it's high because it takes skill to do.

If you want to beat someone who can pull this kinda combo off, get better. Learn strong combos so that you can do the same damage back to them. Learn to avoid it from the start.

When you're getting hit, your meter can fill up pretty quickly, so making it breakable nerfs it more than you think because anyone with one bar of their meter filled will probably be able to break it within 5-6 hits.

yes, im trying 2 find it, i saw it yesterday

EDIT: here it is, it only takes up 3 bars of super meter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONHePkBPny4

Umm I hope you realize that NRS adjusted the damage scaling on her fans to do LESS damage in a hotfix a couple weeeks ago, so this combo might not even do that much damage anymore.

So you got beat by a good kitana player, so you cry nerf? Alot of her moves are punishable, alot of he special moves are crap, only 1 overhead that is the 2nd hit of a string so if you recognize it you can block it, hard execution, crappy x-ray (albeit a projectile.) only 1 projectile that always travels forward and it's high. Almost all of Shang Tsung's combos are nearly unbreakerable because most of it constitutes his myriad of projectiles. Should we nerf him too?

And Johnny Cage is one of the most balanced characters in the game. A slow overhead, pretty crap projectiles, all of his moves are punishable (minus his flip kick), decent pokes, only 1 combo that ends with a low hit that can't even be comboed out of.

Umm I hope you realize that NRS adjusted the damage scaling on her fans to do LESS damage in a hotfix a couple weeeks ago, so this combo might not even do that much damage anymore.

And Johnny Cage is one of the most balanced characters in the game. A slow overhead, pretty crap projectiles, all of his moves are punishable (minus his flip kick), decent pokes, only 1 combo that ends with a low hit that can't even be comboed out of.

yes i know about the damage scaling, but like i said, im not the ULTIMATE kitana player. i agree, johnny is really balanced & cute <3

People need to learn to not save up your EX bars just for X-rays. It's a waste for really good battles like that.
I'm not gonna sit here like these people and say 'dont get caught in it' because that is the most useless way to express how to get out of something... Like the guy said above me, save for breakers. Breakers separate the good players and the scrubs. Like really, I'm serious (if the players skill level is the same)

also, Kitana is a juggle character. She is not known for her 4 hit max damage combos. If you go by what you say that you've been playing MK since we were in diapers you'd know that she was know for her combos. Ed Boon said that himself.

Oh I know, Man Eater. I used to think it would be best to use EX attacks or X-rays. I find myself using Breakers more often than either...

Oh I know, Man Eater. I used to think it would be best to use EX attacks or X-rays. I find myself using Breakers more often than either...

I mean, I use them every so often for mixups. The EX versions. But I HARDLY do x-rays anymore. Unless I'm gonna have an easy win, then I just show off lol

Kitana needs to be nerfed BIG TIME, she has a juggle that is over 50 percent without X-Ray and keeps you suspended in the air for like a minute, thats INSANE!!! NRS PLEASE NERF KITANA. I couldnt even play this guy because I never hit the ground!!!

Dude if you can pull off a 50% kombo it should stay in the game cause the average person most likely cant do it

I don't know...Big combos and even infinite loops have been discovered in fighting games before, but that doesn't necessarily warrant patching. If they are difficult to set up (or easily avoided), then it's fair game.

I don't know...Big combos and even infinite loops have been discovered in fighting games before, but that doesn't necessarily warrant patching. If they are difficult to set up (or easily avoided), then it's fair game.

As MUCH as I hate Cyrax's fifty thousand hit juggle/combo, I don't think it needs to be nerfed. The first step is acceptence... right? lol

As MUCH as I hate Cyrax's fifty thousand hit juggle/combo, I don't think it needs to be nerfed. The first step is acceptence... right? lol
That, then knowing how to pull it off, then knowing its weakness-what could **** it up, what could jeopardize it, and then the char itself.

Feel confident against those players with my Cyber Subby, although I may get hit by a fan or net or two. >>

If you want to beat someone who can pull this kinda combo off, get better. Learn strong combos so that you can do the same damage back to them. Learn to avoid it from the start.
Been done with that, was just stating my opinion against it, my overall opinion, and like I said before, I would love it to be counter-breaker-able. I don't find it game breaking, but it's annoying as people immediately jump kicking. Other than that, doesn't matter much.

But it somewhat annoys me as a defense, that the combo is hard to pull off. If its there, and can be done period. Kitanas 50% combo that's oh so hard to pull off, vs. Liu Kangs bnbs that are just so easy and lol... are both justifiable in the same level (one being so easy, the other being hard, but overall may be achieved). ANYONE can put in enough time to be able to do just about anything. Doesn't matter if its hard, what's there is there. (sorry for the semi-rant about this part)

But it somewhat annoys me as a defense, that the combo is hard to pull off. If its there, and can be done period. Kitanas 50% combo that's oh so hard to pull off, vs. Liu Kangs bnbs that are just so easy and lol... are both justifiable in the same level (one being so easy, the other being hard, but overall may be achieved). ANYONE can put in enough time to be able to do just about anything. Doesn't matter if its hard, what's there is there. (sorry for the semi-rant about this part)

The point is, this is what a lot of us like about MK. I already said that long juggle combos are the best part of this game and it's essentially an MK trademark. Removing it would mean making it not MK for me. I also believe that a lot of others agree. Just because you can't do it or can't defend against it isn't a reason to remove it, either.

I wouldn't call it acceptance per se, but I think other variables should be put into consideration before calling for a nerf or buff. The game is relatively new, so more can be discovered down the road as players get better at the game. Besides, the OP has not given us enough information about the said combo, such as what move starts the combo and what position on the screen (if applicable) is needed to set it up. For all we know, it can be a situational combo that is difficult to use consistently. Unless Kitana is dominating other characters by a wide margin, there is no need for a nerf.

Last edited: