Worst and best character in MK 4/Gold

The ninjas were the best, as always. As for the worst... really, none of the newcomers are any good. Quan Chi, Shinnok and maybe Fujin get a free pass for not being newcomers, but still, there's a reason all of those guys returned only in Armageddon.

quan chi, and shinnok were the best. sub-zero was too. although shinnok could have had a slightly better design he was still a badass. and the worst was jerek. hes just a waste and they could have just put kano in the game.

I thought Quan Chi was the best in my opinion. His teleport stomp was deadly. Shinnok was crazy too due to him being able to imitate everyone.

The thing with MK4 is that it was really easy to spam generic moves that everyone could do that would take a shit load of damage off your opponent. For example, the jumping low kick or jumping low punch. That and the boulders could win you a match in 5 seconds flat that no character really had an advantage over the other.

I also hated the fact that if you froze someone or used a spear on someone, the damage your moves would do after would be significantly weakened. I think that happens to everyone if you keep on using successive moves over and over again in a short period of time.

oh how i hated mk4. but if i had to name some great charachters from that roster id have to rock with quan chi and shinnok

I understand that people want to see Shinnok revamped in MK10 (I'm one of them), but I never understood the hype behind Shinnok in MK4.
Aside from not being able to physically morph into the other characters, he was basically a re-skinned Shang Tsung in MK4.

I understand that people want to see Shinnok revamped in MK10 (I'm one of them), but I never understood the hype behind Shinnok in MK4.
Aside from not being able to physically morph into the other characters, he was basically a re-skinned Shang Tsung in MK4.

Well, Shinnok was far more fearsome in Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero, especially his Demon/Monster transformation. That is the Shinnok that I was expecting in MK4, but didn't happen. As is, he is an inferior Shang Tsung clone, but he could be so much more.

Hello, first time poster here!
Personally I liked MK4. Sure some of the charahters I didn't like were the new ones... Jarek, Reiko, and Kai namely. The others I liked a lot. With the exception of Shinok. He was a great character in Mythologies, but lame and exteremely easy in MK4. I don't know why.

Everyone is a good character but Jarek who is 'meh'. Everyone sleeps on the post MK3 characters and its getting annoying

Gameplay Wise: Shinnok (Best) and Jarek (Weak, Worst)
(Not sure if anyone noticed, but Shinnok is faster and performs longer combos in MK4)

Story wise: Tanya (Best) and Kai (Dry, Worst)
(I like Quan Chi's words in Tanya's ending became my personal monologue quote, replacing some words of course.)

"Welcome, Shaolin warrior. Your Thunder God is beaten. Earth's warriors, destroyed. You are the last remnant of the Forces of Light. Do you wish to beg for mercy from your new master, Lord Shinnok?

Best: Tanya is obviously the best IMO. Ever since MK4 she has been my favorite character. She's great gameplay wise and was very good to the story. Her plot in every game was what drew me in to her the most.

Worst: Jarek. He has not once ever caught my eye or interest. He had no interesting story in the game ever, all of his moves were just a carbon copy of kano. Worst idea for a new character. I would be more interested in him as a character if he was his own person. But clearly that never happened and likely never will.

Sure sonya is the best one. More talented she has the best move in this game leg grab
No one can defeat her.
Other side. I think that tanya is very bad