Tanya in MKX?

+ she's in
+ She looks egyptian, which I like
+ can't wait to see variations and fatalities

- if no voice, then she sucks (sorry, but the conversations are lethal for her being)
- her hair
- not black like before, but this can change

I'm pretty happy, but if she lacks a voice i'm not happy at all, same with awesome looking Tremor!

Please have a voice and conversations!!!!!! Everything depends on it! And also have alternative costumes, it doesn't make sense if Jax get a alternative costume in a pack where Tremor and Tanya are given...

What do you mean "Not black like before?"

That's the hand of MKX Tanya, who is unimagineably white.
The real story is that of which me and her talked over for a while now.
She was feeling uncomfortable and decided she wanted to bleach her skin.
We were gonna announce it after July but since Ed wanna play too much

I literally just spat out my water! LOL

Really?
White girls are addicted to tanning beds for a reason.
Men generally like tan girls because being tan speaks to having leisure time and thus wealth. Men are not attracted to the tan itself, but rather what the tan indicates about the girl.

Men generally like tan girls because being tan speaks to having leisure time and thus wealth. Men are not attracted to the tan itself, but rather what the tan indicates about the girl.

I love how MK sparks racial debates. I try to stay out of them but always get pulled into them so...I'll give in.

If men aren't attracted to tans, why are white guys marrying Latinas and black women?

That Tanya looks awful...hopefully it's not a complete version othrewise what a fan service or disservice to have her pale white self included...I thought she was black or at least brown...

Yeah... no.

It's fine that you share some racist points with white supremacy ideology, but what you're saying it's right and wrong at the same time. It's true that historically, in Europe, men always preferred light-skinned females and females always preferred tanned males. This was mostly about what the skin colour said about the person: light skin = indoor environment, most associated with noble origins for women and tanned skin = outdoor environment, most associated with hard work, health and fighting for males. In that sense, yes, you're right. However, currently, tan and dark skinned is becoming more desirable for sure. That's undeniable.

At the end of the day, beauty is in the eyes of the one who sees it and you can't speak for anybody but yourself, and here is exactly where you're wrong.

Well, Jade's skin color pre-release of MK9 looked white too, but then in the end she turned out fine, i'm sure this will also happen to Tanya.

Really hope they changed the entire moveset of her! Give her a new theme! Also those hairs should be longer, now she looks like mileena's hairs.

Man, some of you need to really take a chill pill and relaaaaaaaaaaaax.

Just say "dark-skinned" instead of "African American" to make things better. This argument, while I've seen it for Jade p-l-e-n-t-y of times, it never ends nicely and no one will ever get their point across to anyone who disagrees with them. There's no need to insult each other over something that really doesn't matter. In the end, she'll look a bit different because obviously she's not done. Since majority of Mortal Kombat fans go on Twitter to notify the developers, I'm sure this issue has been addressed to someone already.

So really.... The hell is the point of this arguing?

You don't have to be a white supremacist to prefer non African American ladies lol. It's just a preference some people have. You should really be more tolerant of peoples' preferences/lifestyles.

Tayna was dark in mk4 with big lips not light. thats why he called them white supremacists because she was dark now light. when she never was that light

Last edited:
I love how MK sparks racial debates. I try to stay out of them but always get pulled into them so...I'll give in.

If men aren't attracted to tans, why are white guys marrying Latinas and black women?

For attempting to insult my intelligence earlier and failing I'll enlighten you.

1.) When you discuss social sciences you don't take 1-2 examples as a factor in your favor there will always be exceptions to the findings in a social setting.

2.) with less than 2 minutes of research

rating_zpsr746ghmx.png

Will show you everything on what races some men tend to lean towards the most. Seems all races are most favorable to asians/white girls. Black guys seem to not care overall too much lol. Latinas are 2nd to last for every race except black men.

Black women are the least wanted in all categories. And the guy you quoted said they like tan women... the "not like the tan" was a different implication you apparently can't comprehend.

Last edited:
Heh, I might not be a fan of this character, as well as truly wanting her in as DLC, but after reading that closed thread about how there's a petition out wanting to get rid of her... hilarious.

Even if a character I absolutely, truly hate comes into this game, I wouldn't find the time to do something that pathetic and try to see if it's going to make a difference. You know, despite that I thought that Deception had some rushed moments, I know the team has learned from their mistakes and truly find the right amount of time to work on each character. And seeing how they've proved plenty of times that they have taken so much time to give each character a unique feel to them (despite that some think that Reptile is not among them), why would you bother asking a team to remove their hard work because your favorite didn't make it in?

I got a few favorites that I know won't be in this game. Even not making the cameo cut either. Am I bothered that I won't get my hands on Shang Tsung? No. As much as I would definitely love to see him in this game, I'm not annoyed that I can't play as some of my favorites.

This is why people who keep pestering others about how their favorites don't make the cut, and think they're entitled to trash other characters kind of aggravates the crap out of me. Everyone's got opinions about everything, you're never going to please everyone and I get that. However, sometimes you just have to learn to deal with it and just skim over what you don't like. It's hard for those people to do so, I understand. And many of them are probably going to turn this around and say, "It's easy for you to say that because your all-time favorite will be in every game. So why don't you take a hike?" Well, I would love to but I'm not because I'm even comfortable enough with the series to know that I wouldn't be upset if Sub-Zero were to ever sit out for a game.

Is it my problem that there's a huge fan base behind some of my favorites? I don't think it should. Almost every single character has a fan base in one shape or another... Seeing how some speak louder than others shows in these games at times... Or, it's just that the developers really wanted this and couldn't care less how loud each fan base screamed on Twitter.

In the end, X is gonna be great, even if there are characters not many are pleased in seeing.

For attempting to insult my intelligence earlier and failing I'll enlighten you.

1.) When you discuss social sciences you don't take 1-2 examples as a factor in your favor there will always be exceptions to the findings in a social setting.

rating_zpsr746ghmx.png

Will show you everything on what races some men tend to lean towards the most. Seems all races are most favorable to asians/white girls. Black guys seem to not care overall too much lol. Latinas are 2nd to last for every race except black men.

Black women are the least wanted in all categories. And the guy you quoted said they like tan women... the "not like the tan" was a different implication you apparently can't comprehend.

I'm sorry, who are you?

I just want character consistency.

op0co0.jpg
iee5ip.jpg

As you can obviously see, Tanya has had tan skin in both her iterations, and hopefully she will in MKX as well. I'm sure she will, I doubt they would suddenly turn her pale. As mentioned, though Jade was pale in her MK9 render, she was dark-skinned in-game and that's what matters.

Like Jade, Tanya is Edenian, and most likely both from a region where most people have dark skin, like we have on Earth. What the name of that region is is unknown though. Africa, however, is a place on Earthrealm, and neither of them are from Earthrealm, so no, they can't be African-whatever.

As for what most people prefer when it comes to female skin-colour... that doesn't really matter in this case. Tanya has always been dark-skinned, and so there's no reason to change that. What you prefer is of no importance. Pick another character then. There's no need for racist comments, and they have all been reported and further comments of the same nature will also get reported. So please refrain from making such.

Thanks. ^^

Maybe this is some new age thinking, because I never heard of this before.

Long before tanning became popular, pale skin was associated with beauty and prosperity. It was an indication that one did not have to work in the fields, thus getting a heavy exposure to the sun. Pale skin is still preferred in Asia; it is not coincidence when movie stars in India have lighter skin.

Can we stop with this skin color crap already? Please!

As we can see in that video, it's mostly about the lighting, she like every other character is coming out of the shadows into THE LIGHT!

Tanya.png

Her left side is brighter because of the light, her right side is darker and i guess her skin color will be like that, can we please end this now?

rating_zpsr746ghmx.png

Damn, a lot of guys are really missing out with Latina Women... there are some hot tamales out there.

I'm still with the mindset that this is just a basic character model. And yes a big issue with it is that the skin is white and there's no beating around the bush, because that character model is white. Let's be real, had the Kombat Pack not came with names, nobody would even suspect this was Tanya. The only suggestion of this being Tanya is that she's wearing yellow. I'd have either said this was Sareena or Kira before guessing at Tanya. Tanya has darker skin than Jade as well. The fact they are only working through Jason now gives me the impression they probably haven't even started Tanya. Though I'd love for them to show us some concept art of how she will look. I'm loving the costume idea. I'd love if they made her more Nubian, possibly long braids and a headpiece. I hope they keep her dark eye makeup too, makes her look more evil

I'm still confused about the "Tanya isn't black anymore" thing. She looks black to me, albeit light skin. It's not too far fetch, remember Kai who went from White to Darkskin?