Tanya coming this Tuesday

p.W

3 guys, seriously. I must be a REAL whore.

Not to even mention that the mere idea of a "slut" is something men invented to make women feel bad. Whateverrrrrr.

I hereby move to make "gents' woman" the distaff counterpart to being a "ladies' man."

Mileena is a true gents' woman.

Rezound

I know you're a troll dude and I generally find it funny but there is nothing wrong with a woman having many sex partners. It's 2015.

I agree with this, 100 percent, but I disagree with what you wrote earlier, "the mere idea of a "slut" is something men invented to make women feel bad."

I have heard women call each other sluts way more than men. Here where I live, when guys call a female a negative word, its usually a.. female dog. Granted, its not much better, but based on my experience, women seem to use the word slut more often than men, but I'm not putting the blame on a single sex, its both of our faults, which is a shame, cause like you said, its 2015.

Last edited:

Imperatrix Sindel

[MENTION=18676]Rezound[/MENTION] definitely women also contribute to the attitude. But in history the idea that women needed to be "pure" and not slutty etc is something men in power invented. That's all I meant.

BBBLP

Robot Rock
I know you're a troll dude and I generally find it funny but there is nothing wrong with a woman having many sex partners. It's 2015.

Depends on how you look at it. Woman are looked at as foul for having many sexual encounters because it's easy for them to get it. There's no sport. For men, it's a hunt. A battle of wordplay and status.

It's like a hunter showing off how many trophy heads he has on his wall compared to a deer showing off how many bullet wounds it has in its ass. They don't evoke the same level of admiration.

On topic: I hate Tanya's new eyes. They take away any personality she might have had. Even Goro has irises, even if the entire eye itself is red.

Imperatrix Sindel

I feel like Raiden and Scorpion have plenty of personality without irises. Why can't Tanya?

I would've liked the glow to be variation-specific, though.

Kitty_55

Here's how I look at the whole "white eyes" issue.

None of the other Edenians with the exception of Sindel has pure white eyes. And I'm not buying the whole "she's a sorceress" thing because that's a lame excuse to give her white eyes. Even the males don't have white eyes.

She had normal eyes in her debut, and even with her placeholder look in this game, why suddenly change it to her one time look in Deception?

I feel like the only reason why they gave her pure white eyes in Deception is because nearly everyone in Deception had just white eyes. In my opinion, the only characters to have such eyes should be the Elder god characters and the undead. Everyone else should have normal looking eyes and that's it.

I've mentioned it before, but I honestly thought her appearance in this game was fine and that it didn't need any touch ups or changes. I really thought it was a great look, but a lot of you thought that this wasn't Tanya at all because she was missing those one-time only eyes. I seriously wished they hadn't given her those back. The hair, I can be okay with because they suck doing long hair, the eyes however, no, I'm not pleased with it.

p.W

I've mentioned it before, but I honestly thought her appearance in this game was fine and that it didn't need any touch ups or changes. I really thought it was a great look, but a lot of you thought that this wasn't Tanya at all because she was missing those one-time only eyes.

Wait, what? I only remember complaints about her skin color, face, and neck. I never saw anyone mention anything about eyes on TRMK.

Tanyas Husband

[MENTION=18661]p.W[/MENTION]
There was a mega load of people pissed about her eyes that flooded into the Tanya discussion thread when she was updated. People were pissed.
Eye for one love her eyes either way.
But eye can see where they're coming from.

Kitty_55

Wait, what? I only remember complaints about her skin color, face, and neck. I never saw anyone mention anything about eyes on TRMK.

I meant throughout other sites not just strictly referring to one. Sorry for the confusion.

Imperatrix Sindel

[MENTION=18661]p.W[/MENTION]
There was a mega load of people pissed about her eyes that flooded into the Tanya discussion thread when she was updated. People were pissed.
Eye for one love her eyes either way.
But eye can see where they're coming from.

Those people were pissed about the change TO white eyes. Nobody was demanding the white eyes early on. Some people thought it'd be fun if they were a variation signifier, but it wasn't the point of controversy at all anywhere on the net that I saw.

theincubuslord

I recognized her as Tanya from the very beginning, even if there were some features about her unfinished model I wasn't a big fan of. I do wonder why Tanya got white eyes, as we never got an explanation. I don't hate it though, I'd just like to know why NRS chose to give her that.

Immortal Reaver

I recognized her as Tanya from the very beginning, even if there were some features about her unfinished model I wasn't a big fan of. I do wonder why Tanya got white eyes, as we never got an explanation. I don't hate it though, I'd just like to know why NRS chose to give her that.

to try to make her more interesting. and NRS also has a thing for giving people white eyes.

Imperatrix Sindel

I assumed that, like Reiko, she got white eyes because she joined the Brotherhood of the Shadow and corrupted her soul or whatever. But no, it was never explained. (And obviously in this new timeline that's not the case.)

theincubuslord

I assumed that, like Reiko, she got white eyes because she joined the Brotherhood of the Shadow and corrupted her soul or whatever. But no, it was never explained. (And obviously in this new timeline that's not the case.)

Reiko was assumed undead in MK4, as he was part of the Brotherhood. But even if that isn't the case, Reiko's always had white eyes (though with a faint light-blue glow in MK4), while Tanya got her white eyes in MKD.

Again, I'm not complaining, I think they look cool for Tanya, just dunno why they changed it.

Imperatrix Sindel

Reiko was assumed undead in MK4, as he was part of the Brotherhood.

Why? It was never stated Shinnok's followers were undead. I never assumed Reiko was.

Anyway, yeah, it was definitely a general attempt to make Tanya more sinister/badass and distinctive-looking. It seems to have worked, since the Deception look is the one that's most popular in fanart and cosplay.

theincubuslord

Why? It was never stated Shinnok's followers were undead. I never assumed Reiko was.

Anyway, yeah, it was definitely a general attempt to make Tanya more sinister/badass and distinctive-looking. It seems to have worked, since the Deception look is the one that's most popular in fanart and cosplay.

I guess it's because the Brotherhood consisted of undeads (Noob, Scorpion) or Netherrealm demons (Quan Chi, Sareena), so people assumed Reiko was too. She had the eye-markings like Sareena as well as the white-streaks in his hair, so I can understand why people would think there was a connection there. I thought so as well before it was said otherwise in MKA where we find out Reiko is from Outworld.

As for Tanya, I think she might have gotten white eyes because she wore a domino mask (the eye-mask), which is typical for comicbook characters like Robin, his eyes turning white when wearing a mask... for some odd reason.

I always thought it was just dark make-up, and it might be, but ALOT of people see it as a domino mask, and even in MKD's Konquest mode, her model looked like she was wearing such.

But then, yeah, she doesn't wear a mask like that in MKX, and she still has the white eyes. I hope NRS would state why that is...