Sub-Zero Theory

Well that's because Jax isn't an interesting character to begin with.
But the scene itself I feel was really good.

I like that he didn't rip his arms off, he straight up obliterated them lol

Its racist. They intentional blew his arms off. really? Black man's arms off? What the hell. Why not blow Jcage's arms off? hes too cool. hes too pretty. Hes white.

..anyways

I suppose the sequence was gruesome and satisfying in that respect. I still like the original backstory in MK3, when he used the bionic arms to prepare for the invasion.

Another thing I wonder about is, remember in the church scene when Jax mentions the fate of his arms. He says something like, "was. I suppose to end up with these, or was it a result to tempering with the timelines" something similar to that. Is that recont or were they trying to give off a butterfly effect idea?

I would hardly consider Raiden being a threat to Earthrealm as well as a criminal.

I would consider him just being poorly written to fail.

SUB-ZERO always have revenge & vengance for Scorpion,he felt that Scorpion was responsable for murdering his brother in the Mortal Kombat Tournament,so he trained the Lin Kuei Ninja Clan to become ninja assassins & the powers of ice & cold.That's why that Sub-Zero have earned the title of GRANDMASTER of the Lin Kuei Ninja Clan.

SUB-ZERO always have revenge & vengance for Scorpion,he felt that Scorpion was responsable for murdering his brother in the Mortal Kombat Tournament,so he trained the Lin Kuei Ninja Clan to become ninja assassins & the powers of ice & cold.That's why that Sub-Zero have earned the title of GRANDMASTER of the Lin Kuei Ninja Clan.

No. None of his biographies in the original timeline said anything about showing interest in knowing who killed his brother. The second game, his story has him where he's focused on trying to assassinate Shang Tsung, than worrying about Scorpion. 2011 only has it where it focused on him worrying about his brother's disappearance/death.

3 - Betrayed the Lin Kuei and not only has to worry about Shao Kahn, but the automated cybers that are chasing after him.

4 - Worries more about Shinnok and learns the secrets that could stop Shinnok that he learned from his brother

Deadly Alliance - He obtain the Dragon Medallion from Sektor because the future of the Lin Kuei was hanging on balance. He trained his students and see which one could help him aid him against the Deadly Alliance.

Deception - Discovered more of his heritage after laying Frost to rest in an ice cave after her betrayal.

I certainly must say, he's got nothing to do with Scorpion after the second game according to his story. But yeah, they'll always be rivals because the two most iconic characters would always be pinned in a fight for show.

Last edited:
I think it's a new sub-zero personally. Just the whole vibe of him is different. Boon said it himself that the Lin Kuei had a "sea of Sub-zeros" so we will most likely see a new sub-take up the mantle. Also his opening remark to Scorpion where he says " I tire of maintaining our innocence" I think that is a direct reference to the "Lin Kuei" not necessarily to the Sub-brothers. I honestly hope it's a new sub-zero if for no other reason than it would be interesting to see the new approach to his story, rivalry, and abilities.

in the MK:DA in scorpion's ending it says any corrupt soul thrown into the soulnado will be ripped apart. so with that i think bi - han's dead and this is a new sub - zero or kuai - liang

Possible, but NRS has said in the past that there are ONLY 3 characters who EVER had cyromancer powers in the Lin Kuei.
Bi-Han, Kuai-Liang and Frost are those only 3, and that character definitely isn't female.
in MK:D sub - zeros grandfather taught shujinko ice powers and also in MK1 sub-zero's ending has alot of sub-zero's ed boon said there's a sea of sub-zero's so no bi - han kuai - liang and frost aren't the only one's w/ ice powers.

Im sure there will be many speculating theories about Sub Zero until it is actually revealed. But here is my theory and what i would be okay with if this is a new Sub Zero.

Somehow Sub Zero (Kuai Liang) is given his body back or the whole Cyber SZ NEVER happened. He has aged and along his journey has become the New Grand-Master of the Lin Kuei and has trained many new warriors. And the Sub Zero we currently see is a new Decedent of the Cryomancer Race. While GMSZ has trained many astounding warriors, his most accomplished student is this new SZ. Good hearted but also hot headed warrior.

Maybe this New SZ is another decedent of the Cryomancer Race?
Maybe this New SZ is Kuai Liangs son? (It has been stated that there will be more decedents)

Isn't speculation fun?!

Last edited:
in MK:D sub - zeros grandfather taught shujinko ice powers and also in MK1 sub-zero's ending has alot of sub-zero's ed boon said there's a sea of sub-zero's so no bi - han kuai - liang and frost aren't the only one's w/ ice powers.

Shujinko only learned that Sub-Zero's power because Onaga gave him the ability to absorb other's powers. Without that, I doubt he could ever do ice cream.

Im sure there will be many speculating theories about Sub Zero until it is actually revealed. But here is my theory and what i would be okay with if this is a new Sub Zero.

Somehow Sub Zero (Kuai Liang) is given his body back or the whole Cyber SZ NEVER happened. He has aged and is along his journey has become the GrandMaster of the Lin Kuei and has trained many new Lin Kuei warriors. And the Sub Zero we currently see is a new Decenedent of the Cryomancer Race. While GMSZ has trained many astounding warriors, his most accomplished student is this new SZ. Good hearted but also hot headed.

Oh damn, I really like that concept. This whole time I've been wanting it to be Kuai Liang but if that happened, I'd be perfectly ok with it. It also makes sense with the whole 'next generation' thing.

Somehow Sub Zero (Kuai Liang) is given his body back or the whole Cyber SZ NEVER happened. He has aged and is along his journey has become the GrandMaster of the Lin Kuei and has trained many new Lin Kuei warriors. And the Sub Zero we currently see is a new Decenedent of the Cryomancer Race. While GMSZ has trained many astounding warriors, his most accomplished student is this new SZ. Good hearted but also hot headed.

I would be pleased either way if this Sub-Zero is either a new one or Bi-Han. I wish you're right but if you are I wonder how NRS would incorporate that into the story as long as it makes sense.

Somehow Sub Zero (Kuai Liang) is given his body back or the whole Cyber SZ NEVER happened.

In MK9 he was taken by Sektor and Cyrax to be transformed, though.
Given that they swore allegiance to Shao Kahn, I seriously doubt that Cyrax and Sektor would have let Kuai-Liang leave the Lin Kuei without undergoing the transformation.
CSZ was even programmed to serve Shao Kahn, against his own will.
He said it himself, in the story.

For him to get his body back, wouldn't Kuai-Liang have to be freed from Quan Shi's control, first?

I really hated Cyber Sub-Zero, but we should stop non-canon holocaust. The BS is done. Now, or they bring Kuai Liang in another body, or they revive Bi-Han, or they separate him from Noob, if possible, or this is is another Sub-Zero.

Even I hated, I really would be pissed if there was another "TA DAAAAA THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN!!!!!!!".