So do you like MGS5?

While I disliked the cut scenes in MGS4 as well. I honestly think they held back too much on this one. The lack of cut scenes is my only complaint.

Besides that, I absolutely love the game and have wasting countless hours on it all week.

I agree with this. It just sucks that Hideo Kojima is done with this amazing franchise and Konami doesn't care about console gamers anymore. It's fn depressing but at least we got this game before Konami sends mgs to die in free to play and mobile bs. I only wish Silent hills was given the same respect.

You just prove my point. I like the game, its great . I was stirring things up with ludicrous comments to get a reaction which I got. An overblown, vulgar reaction. I was proving to myself a majority of you overreact over the slightest thing and continue to do so despite. Utter fools. Angry young men and women with nothing more to worry about other than games. Vile and vulgar with not enough experience in anything to host a valid opinion. Reading comprehension skills non existent. I came clean in an earlier post, so why continue to babble on about fake reasons I gave to disliking the game such as COD and REORC references. Even if I was been serious, screw you. The thread asks if you like the game. Which I wholeheartedly do.

I was stirring things up with ludicrous comments to get a reaction which I got. An overblown, vulgar reaction. I was proving to myself a majority of you overreact over the slightest thing and continue to do so despite.

I have no problems calling you names now. You're a downright retarded man-child troll. A shitty one at that. So you purposely went into a thread about a game and said some retarded shit that wasn't true and then when we call you out on it, you change your opinion and then you call US fools? You're fvcking pathetic. The only thing you proved is that you cannot be taken seriously at all and that you're a child.

Utter fools. Angry young men and women with nothing more to worry about other than games.

YOU'RE ON A FVCKING VIDEO GAME FORUM! Games are what we're supposed to talk about in this section. Do you expect people to come into this thread to talk about their everyday lives? Everyone here has something going on in their lives that doesn't involve video games, and yet here you are making assumptions about people complaining that we have nothing to do other than to worry about games...while on a video game forum in a section about video games. Your assumptions of people here land you no favors or friends.

Vile and vulgar with not enough experience in anything to host a valid opinion.

The more you bich about my cussing the more I wanna bypass the filters and call you a cvnt.

Already did it so fvck it. You're a retarded man-child cvnt.

I really like how you say "not enough experience in anything to host a valid opinion."

So because people didn't agree with you, we don't have enough experience to have a valid opinion? The only opinion here that doesn't matter is yours because you've proven that you're just a child with too much free time on his hands and spends that free time trying to troll people.

Reading comprehension skills non existent.

Your writing skills are nonexistent too (nonexistent is one word, child). Also, I can read. I've unfortunately read every retarded thing you've said in this thread, which I feel I've lost brain cells because of.

I came clean in an earlier post, so why continue to babble on about fake reasons I gave to disliking the game such as COD and REORC references. Even if I was been serious, screw you. The thread asks if you like the game. Which I wholeheartedly do.

Okay. So there is 2 possible explanations.

1. You came into this thread bashing MGSV with bullshit and once everyone started calling you out on it, you decided to back track in the only way you could and pretend you were just looking for a reaction. Congrats you have a reaction and the reaction is that everyone now thinks you're fvcking stupid. No one else has to say it because I'll say it for them. You're fvcking stupid.

OR

2. You really did just want a reaction. Which is just downright pathetic. You're a grown ass man looking for a reaction out of people and how do you get the reaction? You troll and say some retarded shit that wasn't true. Do you see your own retardation?

I'm done with you. I can't help but call you retarded because of the shit you post. This is what your posts look like:

HUURRRRR MGSV SUCKS, IT'S BORING AND REPETITIVE! KOJIMA IS RAFFING AT YOU RIGHT NOW!

DUUURRRR JUST KIDDING! I WAS WANTING A REACTION OUT OF YOU BECAUSE I WANTED TO PROVE TO MYSELF THAT PEOPLE TAKE A SERIES THEY CARE ABOUT SERIOUSLY! YOUR OPINIONS DON'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY ARE BASED WITH FACT AND THEY DIFFER FROM MINE! YOUR CUSSING IS SAD BECAUSE I CAN'T HANDLE PEOPLE CUSSING! YOU'RE ALL FOOLS FOR BELIEVING IN THE SHIT I SPEW! WHY ARE YOU GUYS TAKING MY BULLSHIT SO SERIOUS? YOU MAD BRO?

We're all done with you. So fvck off, Star-Man-Child.

Last edited:
Haven't played MGS5, played the first mission of phantom pain, never really liked MGS. i kinda like the old ones, but they just never appealed to me. I just really want notifications from tapatalk on this thread

I have no problems calling you names now. You're a downright retarded man-child troll. A shitty one at that. So you purposely went into a thread about a game and said some retarded shit that wasn't true and then when we call you out on it, you change your opinion and then you call US fools? You're fvcking pathetic. The only thing you proved is that you cannot be taken seriously at all and that you're a child.

YOU'RE ON A FVCKING VIDEO GAME FORUM! Games are what we're supposed to talk about in this section. Do you expect people to come into this thread to talk about their everyday lives? Everyone here has something going on in their lives that doesn't involve video games, and yet here you are making assumptions about people complaining that we have nothing to do other than to worry about games...while on a video game forum in a section about video games. Your assumptions of people here land you no favors or friends.

The more you bich about my cussing the more I wanna bypass the filters and call you a cvnt.

Already did it so fvck it. You're a retarded man-child cvnt.

I really like how you say "not enough experience in anything to host a valid opinion."

So because people didn't agree with you, we don't have enough experience to have a valid opinion? The only opinion here that doesn't matter is yours because you've proven that you're just a child with too much free time on his hands and spends that free time trying to troll people.

Your writing skills are nonexistent too (nonexistent is one word, child). Also, I can read. I've unfortunately read every retarded thing you've said in this thread, which I feel I've lost brain cells because of.

Okay. So there is 2 possible explanations.

1. You came into this thread bashing MGSV with bullshit and once everyone started calling you out on it, you decided to back track in the only way you could and pretend you were just looking for a reaction. Congrats you have a reaction and the reaction is that everyone now thinks you're fvcking stupid. No one else has to say it because I'll say it for them. You're fvcking stupid.

OR

2. You really did just want a reaction. Which is just downright pathetic. You're a grown ass man looking for a reaction out of people and how do you get the reaction? You troll and say some retarded shit that wasn't true. Do you see your own retardation?

I'm done with you. I can't help but call you retarded because of the shit you post. This is what your posts look like:

We're all done with you. So fvck off, Star-Man-Child.

But all I wanted was your friendship!!

We done with the arguing now?

I am I have apologised to him in the just talk thread. He's bloody threatened to hit me with a hammer in the just talk forum. Anyway i've done with it. I've apologised. I won't joke any longer about MGSV.

Thanks!

Lots of people hated the ultra long cutscenes. The story is still there, just in the tapes instead. Kojima LISTENED to his fans and made the game with a heavier focus on free form gameplay instead of 3 hours of cutscenes and 2 minutes of gameplay. IMO, the cutscenes are now evenly balanced.

Agreed.

This is why I usually despise gaming assholes on the internet, and casual fans of games, in general.........
People criticized various past MGS titles for TOO MUCH story and cut-scenes, especially MGS4, and now that Kojima reduced the cut-scenes and story info people are b****ing about lack of story and cut-scenes.
In a way, I'm glad that this is the last MGS game, and I'm done with the MGS finicky "fan"base, who are never satisfied.
If any person previously complained about cut-scenes being too long in a MGS game, prior to MGSV, then they are part of the problem with the situation in MGSV.
A BIG F*** YOU, to the asshat fanbase who complained about cut-scenes being too long, and now complain about there not being enough (don't know if those same asshat fans are in this thread).
They got EXACTLY what they asked for; less story, more gameplay.
Bunch of stupid assholes who just want to complain and are never happy with anything.

This is a perfect example of the stupidity that I'm talking about.
IGN gives it a perfect 10, yet they decide to put out a video ranting and complaining about the story lacking.
I'm pretty sure that some of those 'tards were also complaining to Kojima when MGS4 came out that "Waaaaaaah, the cut-scenes are too long."

http://www.ign.com/videos/2015/09/0...solid-5s-story-spoiler-free-review-discussion
Welp, you asked for shorter cut-scenes, and now you got it.

Btw, my whole rant wasn't aimed at the OP or anyone in this thread specifically.
I just tire of people asking for shit to be removed / reduced, then getting pissed when when it is reduced and removed in the next game.

Last edited:
I thought the cut scenes in Metal Gear really added to the game. I never asked for them to be removed. I recall Metal Gear Solid 4, finishing it with a friend. We were going to trade it in for beer money but by time the ending had finished the shop had shut. Halcyon days.

You, specifically, may not have asked for them to be cut, but I sure do know a lot of cry-baby MGS "fans" who complained at the fact that the cut-scenes in MGS4 were way too long, so Kojima reduces the cut-scenes and added more gameplay and those very people are STILL unsatisfied.
It's a lose-lose situation for Kojima, because he can't have cut-scenes in MGS games or people will complain, but if he does shorten / cut them down, people still complain.
I personally loved the cut-scenes in previous MGS games, too.

You, specifically, may not have asked for them to be cut, but I sure do know a lot of cry-baby MGS "fans" who complained at the fact that the cut-scenes in MGS4 were way too long, so Kojima reduces the cut-scenes and added more gameplay and those very people are STILL unsatisfied.
It's a lose-lose situation for Kojima, because he can't have cut-scenes in MGS games or people will complain, but if he does shorten / cut them down, people still complain.
I personally loved the cut-scenes in previous MGS games, too.

In my experience the folk who complained about them were the ones who used the cutscenes as an excuse not to play the games.

In my experience the folk who complained about them were the ones who used the cutscenes as an excuse not to play the games.

Yet, those are the same ones who jump on the bandwagon of "teh best MGS game evar" and pick up MGSV, because of the gameplay, and later they turn around and "Wah" that "MGSV doesn't have enough cut-scenes."
The casual fans.
The people who previously complained about "too many cut-scenes" now want even more cut-scenes.
Hypocrites, the lot of them.

Only problem that I have with listening to the cassette tapes is that they do not pause when other dialogue interferes. Would be cool if they paused when Miller starts talking to you about the mission you're performing. Otherwise, I find myself sitting in the Aerial Command Center, listening to ones I'm catching up on, then going out in the field.

I have a lot of S and A ranks... and one D. That mission where you have to blow up several tanks. I know the best way to do it is stay put in one position, drop a few C4 in a row and wait for the trucks to be right over them. But for some reason I get spotted EVERY GODDAMN TIME and I'm nowhere near an enemy.

This happens every stealth game I play. I'll get spotted no matter where I am. I don't like that I have to keep redoing this mission to get a better rank.

And I like the long cutscenes. I don't mind them whatsoever. The longest cutscene this series made me cry for the first time playing a video game, so I really can't say negative stuff about it.

Kinda lame how when you play as a Diamond Dog soldier they still talk to you as if you're Snake. Not a big issue at all, it's just a little disappointing since they gave the DD soldiers their own voices, but they're addressed as Boss, even when hanging around on Mother Base.

My only big issue with this game is that Snake can be uncooperative at times. Mainly, there's been a good amount of times where I'm crawling prone to avoid detection and as I crawl over something Snake will prop up to the crouching position, alerting the enemy. It's usually when I come across a rock or something, as sometimes he'll crawl to the slightly higher elevation but other times he'll automatically switch to crouch position against my will. Luckily, reflex mode has at least made up for it at times, but other times it's really ruined my plans.

Loving the game so far, definitely $60 worth and besides really minor issues and the one I just pointed out, no problems with the game, it's very finely crafted. It starts kinda slow but once you start getting access to more gadgets, abilities, and buddies, that's where the game's fun really takes off.

^Try crawling around while holding the aiming button. Gives you more control and I have not had that problem since :)

Defending and protecting an FOB is a lot easier then I though it would be. When you have the resources to protect it, it does a damn pretty good job of protecting itself. I've proably was around for like half of my battles yet they have all been successful so far. I also found it to be so fun to attack others. Although, I kinda suck :p. Only one time where I actually got close to someone else's HQ.

Also trying to learn D-Walker after avoiding him for so long. He definitely has some cool advantages. But I feel like Quiet is still my go2 buddy.

I can't for the life of me enjoy that stupid walker.

I've tried to use it, I've upgraded it fairly often... but I just hate using it. I think DD is the best buddy since he spots EVERYTHING near you and takes enemies out easily. Quiet is great too, but I have some issues with using her.

The mission where you have to sneak into the area where you have to get to Skullface, and you have to infiltrate three areas of this place, I used Quiet for the first time. Waited for her to get into position and I ask her to kill someone. They all gang up on her and she gets taken back to base because she suffered too many shots.

Really? Really? REALLY??!?!?!? And this isn't the first time I've had this issue with her. Snipers aren't supposed to get spotted that easily, but one blast from her and she's taken away from me. Seriously?!?!?!

Seriously, DD is the best partner to have. I never have a problem with him.

Quiet is the best partner for me once I gave her the tranq sniper. You just have to move her around manually so she doesn't get shot by enemies. I've used her many times and never had her sent back to the base, I just kept bouncing her around the area, confusing enemies. I don't want her sniper silenced either because she can be used as bait as well with an unsilenced sniper rifle.

D-Walker sucks, as much as I was excited for it. I can't find any use for it at all besides transportation.

The mission where you have to sneak into the area where you have to get to Skullface, and you have to infiltrate three areas of this place, I used Quiet for the first time. Waited for her to get into position and I ask her to kill someone. They all gang up on her and she gets taken back to base because she suffered too many shots.
I had issues with her in that mission as well. She didn't die on me but in a way she really wasn't doing much. Like she moved to one postion then just stood there. I couldn't tell her to take postion anywhere else nor scout the base. Guess you had somewhat the same thing as she really should not be dying as she is supposed to swap sniping spots when she takes to much damage.

The only time she died on me is when doing the mission Cold Talker on extreme. As the enimies snipers would 2 shot her and 1 shot kill snake. Mission was a real pain

Also and Yeah D-Dog is amazing too. I usually only used him on missions with prisoners or long free roam sessions. He is the best when you give him his body armor suit. Saw him rip up 4 guards in a single room while he just soaked up the bullets lol.