Skarlet Thread - "Yiah!"

Been playing with your first combo and if you want 1% more damage you can end with f4,3. Or you can end with a f3,1 EX dagger toss for 33 percent.

You can also red dash into x-ray for like 37 or 38% at the end if ya want.

I just have a hard time red dashing consistently after the f2,1,2, 1+2. I keep canceling into the dagger throw before the 1+2.

Edit: found out what I was doing wrong and am able to do it consistently now.

after the red dash + up slash go dash 2,1,2 for 9 Hits 31% damage

So I'm looking to play Skarlet as a reset/mixup character, but I don't think she can do slide into down slash anymore (bugfix?). What else can she do to not make the opponent simply block high after her 1,1,2 reset?

Also I'm not sure if this has been found already, but I noticed that her up/down slashes are about as fast (or slow) as blood dash xx slash. Going by this, the bnb's on the first post can be changed to use blood dash xx slash instead of just regular slash, to help push your opponent in the corner faster. From round 1 starting position, doing:
b2 xx blood dash xx down slash , dash xx 2,3 xx blood dash xx up slash , dash xx 2,3 xx blood dash xx slide
will basically put your opponent in the corner.

Of course it requires a bit more execution, but I think it's easy once you get used to it. The only problem I see is that if you dash and up slash too fast, you might make your opponent change direction, kind of like when you uppercut your opponent when they're in the corner.

I wish she had a voice I want some creepy blood related quotes and I kinda want her voice to sound like Blood Ravens from Diablo 2

I've now decided to drop Sindel and go for the blood with Skarlet, as my 4th main (with Kitana, Noob & Smoke). I just find I do really well with her and I love her speed.

I think I have read in some places that she is not considered a great character by many, is that so? If so, why? Is she considered OP or weak? If pro players (I will never be one) read this, is she considered a valuable asset to the MK game or a cheap knock-off? Not that it'll effect whether I play as her or not, I'm just curious because of a couple of commenst I read about her when I started doing a bit of research.

I'm still in love with Skarlet:) Her voice is awsome, especially when Noob Saibot tears her in half;)
Or skarlet + skarlet fail fatality ;)

Hate to be the mean b*tch.. but
Half those combos won't work sense the dash slide into up/down slash is actually a glitch. It might not be as much damage or some of them might not work without it.

Overall, that makes her look OP lol

It isn't a glitch...

Sorry for the lack of updates for the past month. You could say I've been lazy for July, but lets just say I've been taking a break from my guides for the summer ;). Anyway, to make it up to you guys, I'll start posting a bunch of combos again for my Combos Section, I'll start working on the Matchups Section again. I'm going to add a few new combos right now, so enjoy.

Last edited:
Nope. She's too technical of a character, and people don't like that. They like their easy characters but IMO, let them stay with them hehe
There are no easy characters (well, maybe Kung Lao and Raiden since everytime I pick them I win even though I don't main them =P ) but yeah, Skarlet is too technical.

:/ guess not a lot of people like skarlet

haha, i love skarlet thats my b*tch. ^^ i dont even run into skarlet players anymore but i think thats why alot of ppl like playing against me because im one of the few skarlet players out there that can use her effectively. after finding out how to uplash after red dash i became even more deadly with her just wow, in a way i think shes op because she has amazing pressure with her mix up's,teleport, and armor red dash. her EX red dash is one of my fav move in the game, once i knock u on ur azz is a wrap for u because is a 50/50 chance that u will escape without eating up a great combo. if u guess low and i red dash into a down slash( hits mid) i will pop u up for a juggle dealing great damage and if u block high i can red dash into up slash for a brutal kombo. one of my fav Skarlet combo is red dash into up slash(d,f,3 cancel ,f,f,2) then 3,EX d,f,2- then jk and finish it off with the tri daggers it does 33% wich is good damage and it looks really cool. it is so satisfying when i pull it off, i have other great kombos that ill post later.

Last edited:
From what I understand they are taking out her downslide into upslash.

I play skarlet as well but I'm not good enough with her yet to really give too much input. Her rushdown game is highly untapped. So many 50/50 slide traps although no where near as deadly as scorpions 50/50 traps.

From what I understand they are taking out her downslide into upslash.

I play skarlet as well but I'm not good enough with her yet to really give too much input. Her rushdown game is highly untapped. So many 50/50 slide traps although no where near as deadly as scorpions 50/50 traps.

What? That's already been patched because it was a glitch that would red dash into slide and you could upslash giving you an easy juggle.

They wouldn't take out her red dash into upslash or downslash. She's fun to play with, but some of her start ups are sooo slow. And she's predictable sometimes. Her instant air kunai is great for jumpers and air kunai as well.

What? That's already been patched because it was a glitch that would red dash into slide and you could upslash giving you an easy juggle.

They wouldn't take out her red dash into upslash or downslash. She's fun to play with, but some of her start ups are sooo slow. And she's predictable sometimes. Her instant air kunai is great for jumpers and air kunai as well.

I did the down slide into upslash not too Long ago.

I'm not talking about normal slide into upslash.

skarlets downslide into upslash is not a glitch at all, i was doing it yesterday so they havent taking it out and if they do she will quickly drop into the shitt tier. she doesnt have high damage output and her downslide into upslash is hard to pull off and let alone shes already a very technical character, so her having that move balances her out. is not a glitch, all it is is a dash cancel into upslash, street fighter series has a ton of moves u can dash cancel into a kombo so that alone tells u is not a glitch. look at kabal's nomad dash u can cancel his run before u get to ur opponent to trick them is the same thing.

What? That's already been patched because it was a glitch that would red dash into slide and you could upslash giving you an easy juggle

its not a glitch and it hasn't been patched. I was murkin people with it last night. it does lead to easy juggles tho and is very effective in the corner

Skarlet is AWESOME. If you want some damaging combos, you really have to learn how to chain into the knife-uppercut-slashy thingies.
Here's one that always works for me:

Jump in -> Back + BP -> Down-slash -> BP (mini juggle) -> Up-slash -> Jumpkick -> Teleport stab

I could have sworn it's a glitch. It is a glitch and I honestly don't think it was intended. I hope they take it out, I'm tired of easy juggles. LAME