Skarlet Thread - "Yiah!"

Fox17

In fact, you should focus in using Up Slash / Down Slash combined with a basic 2 hits combos, instead of depending on them alone and isolated to start a juggle and next, a combo ....

For example, I use F+2,1, + Up Slash almost all the time , and follow with a combo, instead of Up Slash alone. I use Up Slash alone just as a normal special move, not as intention of a juggle combo start

For Down Slash, use F+3,1, + Down Slash, and next, the rest of the combo, works better, connects. Using Down Slash only sometimes, not as a proposital juggle combo starter

Doing quickly, all stuff above get chained together and so, you can go next for your favorite combo sequence.

Of course that, when using Up Slash / Down Slash alone, if you see that connected and hit, if you have good reflexes, so, you can take the chance and go for your combo, but, I prefer the 2 basic sequences I told, because are 100% guaranteed, just all you need it's that the very first command to enter sucessful against the opponent.

XD

I use F+4,1 - Down Slash - dash - F+2,1,2,1+2 - Kunai/Port a lot I love that combo and F+2,1,2,1+2 is my fav skarlet's string.

Kaosunion

Re: Skarlet Thread- "Yiah!"

Fatality and babality codes please? Other than that good job.

Fatality 2 is: Forward, Back, Down, Down, B at jumping distance

Stage Fatality is: Forward, Back, Forward, X at close range

Babality is: Down, Back, Down, Forward, Y in jumping distance

FOB

BnB/Reset Video

Kombo 1: Hitconfirm Reset 35%
B+FPxxFPxxF+BKxxRed DashxxUp Slash, fd, BPxxFKxxRed DashxxDown Slash, fd, FPxxFPxxBPxxRed Dash

Kombo 2: Hitconfirm Reset 34%
BPxxFPxxBPxxDagger Toss(Hold)xxDash Cancel, BPxxFKxxRed DashxxDown Slash, fd, FPxxFPxxBPxxRed Dash

Kombo 3: Hitconfirm Reset 36%
F+FKxxFPxxBPxxRed DashxxDown Slash, fd, BPxxFKxxRed DashxxUp Slash, fd, FPxxFPxxBPxxRed Dash

Kombo 4: Low Red Slide Reset 33%
Red DashxxRed SlidexxUp Slash, fd, BPxxFKxxRed DashxxDown Slash, fd, FPxxFPxxBPxxRed Dash

Kombo 5: Overhead Down Slash Reset 33%
Red DashxxDown Slash, B+BPxxDown Slash, F+BKxxRed DashxxUp Slash, fd, FPxxFPxxBPxxRed Dash

Kombo 6: Low Reset 50/50 Example
F+FKxxFPxxBPxxRed DashxxDown Slash, fd, BPxxFKxxRed DashxxUp Slash, fd, FPxxFPxxBPxxRed DashxxRed SlidexxUp Slash, BPxxDown Slash, BPxxUp Slash, FPxxFPxxBPxxRed Dash

Kombo 7: Overhead Reset 50/50 Example
F+FKxxFPxxBPxxRed DashxxDown Slash, fd, BPxxFKxxRed DashxxUp Slash, fd, FPxxFPxxBPxxRed DashxxDown Slash, nj.BP, B+BPxxDown Slash, BPxxFKxxUp Slash, FPxxFPxxBPxxRed Dash

Kombo 8: Jump-in 48%
fj.BP, B+BPxxDown Slash, fd, B+BPxxDown Slash, fd, BPxxFKxxRed DashxxUp Slash, fd, BPxxFKxxRed DashxxRed Slide

Kombo 9: Float Punish Reset 33%
B+BPxxDown Slash, fd, BPxxFKxxRed DashxxDown Slash, fd, FPxxFPxxBPxxRed Dash

It seems like Skarlet's true potential is going to lie in her ability to combo into reset into 50/50 into combo into reset etc. She can juggle the opponent for about 6 hits then end with her FPxxFPxxBP string to reset the opponent into a staggered standing state where they must immediately guess whether they should block high or low. A wrong guess leads to another ~30% damage and another reset and another guess. Basically Kabal has nothing on her.

Of course with an obscene 48% damage midscreen with no meter, I'm fairly certain she's going to be nerfed soon. Hopefully when they bring her damage down, it doesn't weaken her reset combos too much. I just wish I had a strong enough level of execution to play her for real.

3mag5num7

It seems like Skarlet's true potential is going to lie in her ability to combo into reset into 50/50 into combo into reset etc. She can juggle the opponent for about 6 hits then end with her FPxxFPxxBP string to reset the opponent into a staggered standing state where they must immediately guess whether they should block high or low. A wrong guess leads to another ~30% damage and another reset and another guess. Basically Kabal has nothing on her.

Of course with an obscene 48% damage midscreen with no meter, I'm fairly certain she's going to be nerfed soon. Hopefully when they bring her damage down, it doesn't weaken her reset combos too much. I just wish I had a strong enough level of execution to play her for real.

Those resets are pretty sick but with only one low-hit combo starter (from what I saw), the 50/50's are quite as deadly. Don't get me wrong, they still worry me if I were to come across a good Skarlet player. However, unless they've proven they're able to hit me low and combo out of it I'm willing to block high and handle any high/medium starters. Those resets could definitely be problematic, but I've gotten used to Scorpion's 50/50's after playing against him enough and Skarlet may suffer the same once she's more fully-explored.

Either way, though, sick resets. Until I better learn to fight against Skarlet, I hope I don't have to fight too many people who know all this. ;)

Man Eater

Well I've been out of Mortal Kombat for 4 days now.. my disk drive broke and can't play any games at all.
I wish I could help more :( damn xbox warranty ********

Sheva-Saibot

Found a couple cool combo's

F2,1,2,1+2,Red Dash,Up Slash,Dash,D2 7 Hits, 30%
(Corner) F2,1,2,1+2,Down Slash,2,3,EX Down Slash,D2 11 Hits 42%

craftycheese

Found a couple cool combo's

F2,1,2,1+2,Red Dash,Up Slash,Dash,D2 7 Hits, 30%
(Corner) F2,1,2,1+2,Down Slash,2,3,EX Down Slash,D2 11 Hits 42%

Been playing with your first combo and if you want 1% more damage you can end with f4,3. Or you can end with a f3,1 EX dagger toss for 33 percent.

You can also red dash into x-ray for like 37 or 38% at the end if ya want.

I just have a hard time red dashing consistently after the f2,1,2, 1+2. I keep canceling into the dagger throw before the 1+2.

Edit: found out what I was doing wrong and am able to do it consistently now.

Last edited:

Nasty_Freak

When she fell off the pit, she sounds like an alien falling from the sky. lol She is pretty cool though. I'm still working on her.

AlexDC22

Skarlet Combo Video 67% No X-Ray max by
TylerLantern, who is a beast, hes just amazing, and this video will have you believe o_O
enjoy the poetry in motion brothers ;)

yautjared

TylerLantern, who is a beast, hes just amazing, and this video will have you believe o_O

Damn, impressive stuff !! This Tyler dude is a beast monster doing combos, I know his other videos, but this one, omg !! The Tag combos are crazy, Kratos and Skarlet, 20 hits, 80% damage ? WTF ?? XD

AlexDC22

Damn, impressive stuff !! This Tyler dude is a beast monster doing combos, I know his other videos, but this one, omg !! The Tag combos are crazy, Kratos and Skarlet, 20 hits, 80% damage ? WTF ?? XD

haha, have you seen his sz and nightwolf over 100% damage :D

AlexDC22

Skarlet has a really annoying voice but other than that she's pretty fun to play as.
ugh, i know bud, every time my kid nut punches me when am her, god do i want to just mute the damn thing lol
or when she falls of the pit lol
no words can explain what i think of that one lol

Man Eater

Hate to be the mean b*tch.. but
Half those combos won't work sense the dash slide into up/down slash is actually a glitch. It might not be as much damage or some of them might not work without it.

Overall, that makes her look OP lol