Roster Speculation

And weren't Mr. AND Mrs. Cage already konfirmed by that German GamePro mag that exposed Kano?

And Mileena might be sterile due to being a clone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Not sure how reliable that source is (plus would they really allow them to leak 4 characters?!). And the Ed Boon tweet can also mean she appears in story mode. I still think it would be unnecessary to feature Sonya in ladder with Cassie Cage being there, they might struggle to make 3 versions for her.

As for other descendants, I'm sure they will come up with at least one more, his original quotes implied that. They might be descendants of MK4-DA-D-A characters as well...

Which females do you all think will make the cut?

I think Kitana, Tanya, Frost, Mileena, and maybe 3 new female fighters will make it. :)

Out of those... Mileena and Tanya. Pink boobs and yellow boobs. Frost has no chance and Kitana is dead, along with Shao Kahn, with no room left for that arc. Plus if they resurrected her, Liu Kang's death wouldn't make much sense. So no. Mileena and Tanya will make it, along with Sareena and possibly Skarlet or Sonya.

It would be nice if we get another female fighter next. We have three so far, a 4th one would be nice. Deception had seven female fighters in total. So maybe we will get around that number or maybe close to six.

It would be nice if we get another female fighter next. We have three so far, a 4th one would be nice. Deception had seven female fighters in total. So maybe we will get around that number or maybe close to six.
well we had 5 females in mk9 six if you skarlet so i could see us getting seven with one retuning like mileena

I bet he's messing with us.

QUESTION!!!

DO any of you remember how many of the characters where actually revealed before the game launched?

I know smoke didn't get a reveal,cyber subzero,sector and baraka..I can't think of anyone else that got revealed.But I would guess that they would only show so many characters again and so far we have a good bit.

I could totally see the remaining Original 7 MK1 characters coming back.

Think about it.
NRS finally gets the chance to show the original 7 as they've never been shown before, with a darker and more serious tone, probably as they originally intended it in MK1, but were limited in technology.
Also, aside from Liu Kang, the other 6 aren't THAT hard to fathom coming back.

- Sub Zero - died, but he's a must-have, so a Bi-Han Soulnado type of story or Kuai Liang story or new Sub-Zero story can be written for whoever is under the mask.
- Scorpion - didn't die and is also another must-have.
- Raiden - survived MK9, and the story focused around him, so he's also a give-in.
- Johnny Cage - Survived MK9 and is alive in MK X, because he is Cassie's father, and MK X starts 5 years after MK9, according to Ed Boon.
So, playable Johnny is possible.
- Sonya Blade - Same reason as Johnny. It takes 2 to tango, and given that MK9 takes place 5 years later, playable Sonya is also possible.

Side note:
Aside from her X-Ray move, Cassie only resembles Johnny and Sonya in attitude.
From all the gameplay footage seen so far, she has NONE of Johnny Cage or Sonya's special moves.
She has no Shadow Kick, Rising Uppercut, Leg Grab or Kiss moves.

As for Liu Kang, Raiden teleported himself Sonya, Johnny and Liu Kang, and there's a possibility that NRS could expand on MK9 Raiden's "healing powers" in MK9, and bring Liu Kang back in MK X.

im dying to see some more NEW characters.

The new people so far are pretty cool, but i want moooore.
seriously...there's gotta be like at least 6 more new characters left. They said this MK would have the most new characters, and Deception had about 9 newcomers.

Side note:
Aside from her X-Ray move, Cassie only resembles Johnny and Sonya in attitude.
From all the gameplay footage seen so far, she has NONE of Johnny Cage or Sonya's special moves.
She has no Shadow Kick, Rising Uppercut, Leg Grab or Kiss moves..

I guarantee you that Sonya would have had that "special forces" variation if she made it. And Johnny would have had the Hollywood one. They are way to much alike...

seriously, could you imagine if they ONLY gave Cassie Cage her parents moves from mk9? Johnny's rising uppercut and Sonya's kiss of death? that would be incredibly boring, so they switched up the moves a little, while still keeping that Johnny/Sonya feel.

im not trying to call you out, or start a war or anything....But i'm gonna laugh all the live long day when Sonya is confirmed to not be playable.

We have 4 klassics and 4 NEW characters.

I'm hoping to see some post-MK3 characters, honestly.
A Fujin reveal would be nice to see.

I guarantee you that Sonya would have had that "special forces" variation if she made it. And Johnny would have had the Hollywood one. They are way to much alike...

seriously, could you imagine if they ONLY gave Cassie Cage her parents moves from mk9? Johnny's rising uppercut and Sonya's kiss of death? that would be incredibly boring, so they switched up the moves a little, while still keeping that Johnny/Sonya feel.

im not trying to call you out, or start a war or anything....But i'm gonna laugh all the live long day when Sonya is confirmed to not be playable.

Not really, though.
Sonya and Johnny could be expanded on a lot, especially with 3 variations.

My point is, that, aside from the X-Ray move, Cassie has NO resemblance to them gameplay wise.
If anything, Cassie resembles a glorified Stryker more in that Spec Ops variation, than she does Sonya.
As for Johnny Cage, Cassie only has the glowing hands, X-Ray and sunglasses that she wears. That's it.

That's like saying no offense, but..... and continuing with the offense.
You are trying to start something because you're pointing out laughing at me if they aren't confirmed to be in, when I never said that those 2 WILL be in, just that I could SEE them being in as a possibility.
That's all.

Last edited:
im dying to see some more NEW characters.

The new people so far are pretty cool, but i want moooore.
seriously...there's gotta be like at least 6 more new characters left. They said this MK would have the most new characters, and Deception had about 9 newcomers.
mortal kombat deadly alince had 11 new characters so we could 12 new charaters

Not sure how reliable that source is (plus would they really allow them to leak 4 characters?!). And the Ed Boon tweet can also mean she appears in story mode. I still think it would be unnecessary to feature Sonya in ladder with Cassie Cage being there, they might struggle to make 3 versions for her.
This doesn't really make much sense. I find it odd that people think Cassie is basically a copy-paste of Sonya, most likely because she's blonde LOL She doesn't even play like Sonya or moves like her or has her specials, so... what's the struggle here exactly? Why wouldn't she be on the same ladder with her daughter? Right away I can see them doing for Sonya a variation around her military stance, other for her inumerous specials kicks or leg moves and last one based of her kiss moves much like they made a laser variant for Kano. Really people...

This doesn't really make much sense. I find it odd that people think Cassie is basically a copy-paste of Sonya, most likely because she's blonde LOL She doesn't even play like Sonya or moves like her or has her specials, so... what's the struggle here exactly? Why wouldn't she be on the same ladder with her daughter? Right away I can see them doing for Sonya a variation around her military stance, other for her inumerous specials kicks or leg moves and last one based of her kiss moves much like they made a laser variant for Kano. Really people...

This.
Thank you.

People really haven't been paying attention to the gameplay videos if they think that Sonya or Johnny can't be in because Cassie is in.
She plays NOTHING like them, and her specials don't resemble them AT ALL.

Not really, though.
Sonya and Johnny could be expanded on a lot, especially with 3 variations.

My point is, that, aside from the X-Ray move, Cassie has NO resemblance to them gameplay wise.
If anything, Cassie resembles a glorified Stryker more in that Spec Ops variation, than she does Sonya.
As for Johnny Cage, Cassie only has the glowing hands, X-Ray and sunglasses that she wears. That's it.

That's like saying no offense, but..... and continuing with the offense.
You are trying to start something because you're pointing out laughing at me if they aren't confirmed to be in, and I never said that those 2 WILL be in, just that I could SEE them being in.
That's all.

no man, not laughing at YOU, just laughing in general. trust me, you arnt the only one who wants Sonya and Johnny in. Like i said, i wasn't trying to call YOU out, i just happen to see a lot of people say that, so i wanted to get my point across somewhere. You just happen to be the one i replied to. I do apologize, and to be honest...i usually agree with you when i see you posting..

that all being said, you are 100% right when it comes to Johnny and Sonya. IF they are included, id love to see them be made completely different. Like the Johnny from his ending...
But what about sonya? im having trouble thinking of a way she could be chagned up...maybe an aged version? i dont know.

anyway sorry again man if i came off as hostile :beer:

This.
Thank you.

People really haven't been paying attention to the gameplay videos if they think that Sonya or Johnny can't be in because Cassie is in.
She plays NOTHING like them, and her specials don't resemble them AT ALL.
And also Cassie's "Special Forces" variation plays nothing like Sonya. Since when or in what MK game, did Sonya ever had military-based special moves with cop guns and army bombs? Have people been playing MK at all?