Roster Speculation

^^That brings us to the question... what is the point of Mortal Kombat tournaments lol...

Maybe after they come back, the goal is to see how many opponents they can kill before dying and being ressurected again :lol:

Anyway, there was only two tournaments? I always thought MK3 and MK4 were debatable as tournaments but I thought MK1, MK2, and MKDA were definitiey tournaments.
I count MK3 and MK4 as tournaments. They were not traditional tournaments but I figured it counts as a tournament when they fought off the invasion(s).

There was only one official Mortal Kombat tournament. And that was the first game.
Second game was about an impromptu MK tournament held by Shao Kahn.

3 and 4 were just about fighting off invasions.

Deadly Alliance was about Shang and Quan Chi capturing souls for their army.

Mortal kombat tournaments have "always" existed as a safeguard to prevent merging the realms indiscriminately. That's why they put a hard way of winning (10 consecutive tournaments in intervals of 50 years).

We only experience one MK legitimate tournament, and yet it was a corruption of the Shaolin Tournament, which are the events of MK1.

To have another legitimate tournament, we should have waited 50 years. But Kahn sent that attack on Wu Shi Academy, lured guys into Outworld and was kicked, there was no competition at all. Then he invades Earthrealm because the barriers are fiction, there is a rule of not invading and a law of not merging without winning 10 consecutive tournaments.

MK:DA events are also not legitimate MK tournaments. It was a torunament, but not a Mortal Kombat Tournament, because it wasn't permitted by the Elder Gods, and the winner would not be granted the prizes. Remember that it was just a fake so the DA could steal the souls of dead warriors.

The same happens on MK4, MK:D and even MK:A. "Mortal Kombat" became a title.

Also, Armageddon is constructed by the corruption of MK torunaments with its numerous kombatants, because people are not using them properly. About invasion, it is permitted cause the Elder Gods are truly "toothless worms" and they don't care about invading, people dying, etc. they just get scared if One Being is closer to return. So they put MKTournament so we can pretend we are having any free will about mergin realms.

Honestly I loved MK4-MKA

However, when I really look at things I will say that nobody will be considered outside of this list of characters.

First keepi in mind that Drahmin, Mavado, and Ashrah have been pretty much deconfirmed. Remember Ashrah's 11% chance of being in?

Anyway, Minus those characters here is who I think will be considered

Fujin (MK9 cameo Kratos ending)
Tanya (fan favorite)
Havik (MK9 cameo Noob Saibot ending)
Bo Rai Cho (MK9 cameo Shang Tsung ending)
Kenshi (MK9 DLC)
Quan Chi(MK9 main roster)
Li Mei (made another appearance besides her debut and MKA)
Hotaru (rivals well with Havik as well as representing Seido pretty well)
Sareena (Fits with this timeline, however I could see her as NPC or DLC)

I think that these characters have the best chance from that era of returning. Personally I like Kai and Nitara as well. I don't expect to see them though.

Where was it confirmed that Mavado is most likely out? Didn't you mean Jarek? I don't recall Ed Boon mentioning Mavado lately...

The problem is that if the original 7 is in and they are planning to introduce more than 4 new characters then there won't be enough room for returning characters. I think the best bet is that DA-D-A have one character representing them each. Havik and Sareena are the mots obvious choices, for DA I would have said Mavado, unless they go with Kenshi again or simply ignore that era and have one more pre-MK4 character instead...

Which females do you all think will make the cut?

I think Kitana, Tanya, Frost, Mileena, and maybe 3 new female fighters will make it. :)

Honestly I loved MK4-MKA

However, when I really look at things I will say that nobody will be considered outside of this list of characters.

First keepi in mind that Drahmin, Mavado, and Ashrah have been pretty much deconfirmed. Remember Ashrah's 11% chance of being in?

Anyway, Minus those characters here is who I think will be considered

Fujin (MK9 cameo Kratos ending)
Tanya (fan favorite)
Havik (MK9 cameo Noob Saibot ending)
Bo Rai Cho (MK9 cameo Shang Tsung ending)
Kenshi (MK9 DLC)
Quan Chi(MK9 main roster)
Li Mei (made another appearance besides her debut and MKA)
Hotaru (rivals well with Havik as well as representing Seido pretty well)
Sareena (Fits with this timeline, however I could see her as NPC or DLC)

I think that these characters have the best chance from that era of returning. Personally I like Kai and Nitara as well. I don't expect to see them though.

Let's not forget, there are many fans for Li Mei too.

Here's another list I have (without characters who died in MK9).

Returning (From MK9):
*Scorpion
*Sub-Zero
*Raiden
*Kano (I have a feeling Sonya will get killed by him and that Cassie will be his rival instead.)
Ermac
Quan Chi
Liu Kang
Johnny Cage (If there was a Cage parent that'd be in, it'll be him because we already have a female from the military, possibly ruling out Sonya.)

Post MKT-MKA (Ones that are not in MK9):
Tanya
Sareena
Havik
Fujin
Hotaru
Reiko
Shinnok
Li Mei

New Characters:
*Cassie Cage
*D'vorah
*Ferra Torr
*Kotal Khan
This roster will most likely be packed with new characters.

Also, let's not forget that in the old timeline, Liu Kang and Johnny Cage died before their lovers (Kitana and Sonya).

During this timeline, Kitana died before Liu Kang in MK9.

* So possibly, Sonya will die before Johnny Cage this timeline. It'd definitely make sense and be pretty much a very smart move storywise.

Which females do you all think will make the cut?

I think Kitana, Tanya, Frost, Mileena, and maybe 3 new female fighters will make it. :)
My personal preference would be Kitana, but the plot effectively makes Mileena mandatory. We need to know why Kotal Kahn is now on the Outworld throne while Mileena is not (especially since Shao Kahn's legitimate heir is Mileena).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Returning (From MK9):
*Scorpion
*Sub-Zero
*Raiden
*Kano (I have a feeling Sonya will get killed by him and that Cassie will be his rival instead.)
Ermac
Quan Chi
Liu Kang
Johnny Cage (If there was a Cage parent that'd be in, it'll be him because we already have a female from the military, possibly ruling out Sonya.)

Post MKT-MKA (Ones that are not in MK9):
Tanya
Sareena
Havik
Fujin
Hotaru
Reiko
Shinnok
Li Mei

There are several MK2-3 characters that are more likely to return over post-MK3 ones that did not even die in MK9: Reptile, Mileena, Cyrax, Sektor, Baraka, I'm sure they would choose some of these characters instead...

Where was it confirmed that Mavado is most likely out? Didn't you mean Jarek? I don't recall Ed Boon mentioning Mavado lately..

Nah, a while back someone tweeted Boon about Mavado saying they wanted him in. His reply? "You really don't."

That leads me to believe he's out. I do like Mavado though. Hate they feel like that about him.

I never liked Tanya at all. But I think it's because MK4, even though is an amazing game, I always play it, but is not that well explained, not well detailed.

Sometimes I think about it and it does not give the dimension of Shinnok's invasion. The fallen Elder God invaded everything, it was like the war on gods all over again. I mean, UMK3 gave the right context, the stages were logical (ok that they kept that little annoying story of the US being THE place, but we can imagine that the whole world was invaded, it was clear that an invasion happened).

MK4, as I said is amazing, but sometimes it does not offer the logic of stages, for example. You fight on Earthrealm stages, like Wind World and the Shaolin Temple, the latter where Scorpion was brutally killed, but there is no why they were there. We can fight on Living Forest (Outworld), the invasion is from Netherrealm, but the sub boss is Goro, on Earthrealm (Goro's Lair, and IN SHANG TSUNG'S ISLAND).

So I really hope if they put someone like Tanya, that they give her her legitimate role as traitor, showing how despicable she is and how skilled fighter too. The same about Reiko (if he appears) and any other MK4 events, that seems will be repeated, specially stages, having a logic of being there.

Nah, a while back someone tweeted Boon about Mavado saying they wanted him in. His reply? "You really don't."

That leads me to believe he's out. I do like Mavado though. Hate they feel like that about him.

Thanks for the info, really sad about it, to me he was a cool character and wanted a reinvention.

In this case then I do think Deadly Alliance might be completely ignored as I don't see Bo Rai Cho's silly stuff being in the game, or just Kenshi is repeated again...

Ed Boon's twitter should be view as 50/50. Half of the stuff he post is legit while other is him trolling. I think his post on Sonya could be him joking. I think his other tweets like him saying Kotal Kahn not being related to Shao Kahn is legit since it sounds legit.

But didn't Boon say at E3 that you can do fatalities on relatives? You know, in the plural form? Doesn't that CLEARLY imply that one character will have more than one relative from prior MKs coming back?

Now who among the konfirmed roster has more than one relative from previous MK games?

So we have four old characters back and four new ones. I wonder if the next character they show off will be new or old. If it's old then I bet it's going to be Quan Chi.

But didn't Boon say at E3 that you can do fatalities on relatives? You know, in the plural form? Doesn't that CLEARLY imply that one character will have more than one relative from prior MKs coming back?

Now who among the konfirmed roster has more than one relative from previous MK games?

The offspring of Mileena & Baraka is still a possibility! :D

Yeah the next reveal is either Quan Chi or Ermac.

And weren't Mr. AND Mrs. Cage already konfirmed by that German GamePro mag that exposed Kano?

And Mileena might be sterile due to being a clone.