RIP Amy Winehouse

Re: Just Talk Thread

I heard different people tried getting Amy to Rehab..

But you can't help those who don't want to help themselves...

shame though, past her coke and other drug problems

she had talent

Wow.

This is someone who had serious demons and needed help. Hardly anyone put out a helping hand. Instead, people talked shit about her and made fun of her. It isn't easy to just put down the drugs and alcohol. She tried to get help but when you are so far into the darkness, you can't always get out.

You're comparing her to someone who was an idiot and drank before speeding away in his car. I feel bad for someone who dies of drugs and alcohol who wanted to get help and even attempted to, which shows even she wanted out of that life. I don't feel bad for someone who dies because he is stupid enough to get drunk and then hop into his car, putting the lives of himself, his passenger, and innocent people on the roads, in danger.

oh Jade, if only rep were here...

i'm really sad :( i loved her music! i went to two of her concerts, & got an autographed T-shirt!! this is going to be a long day & i'm wearing black for the rest of it. RIP Amy Winehouse :(

I heard different people tried getting Amy to Rehab..

But you can't help those who don't want to help themselves...

shame though, past her coke and other drug problems

she had talent

She did go to rehab. She only went for a week but at least she tried.

We play quite a bit of her songs at work so they'll be tough to hear for a while.

Back to Black is a sick song, was always my favourite, along with Rehab.

I have no idea who Amy is. But RIP anyways.

Edit: She died from Drug Overdose, well, thats.........yeah. I guess her fault in a way but still RIP. She was pretty young.

I never really listened to her, but still its sad when someone dies even if you dont know them...R.I.P Amy

Why are people making jokes about the dead. Do you really think thats funny. No matter what that person did in their life time doesnt mean you can make fun of their death. Amy does have people that care about her and you should respect that. so watch what you say.

Last edited:
Sometimes jokes about tragedies are funny. THAT joke isn't funny, but if you're gonna make those kinds of jokes, make them where they're more acceptable and/or where they're not gonna upset people. Timing and placement are key.

Honestly, what the ****? Let me give you guys a bit of wisdom; some of you may have it already but apparently some do not. Life is one of those "don't know what you got till it's gone" sort of things. In my line of work I took care of a guy who tried to commit suicide by destroying his liver on scotch. His company took a big hit during the recession, he fired a lot of good friends into poverty, and his relationship with his wife went sour and ended in divorce. He came into our hospital with a huge purple gash from his ear down to his neck, his skin was light green like neon from the liver damage and his eyes were orange. Believe me when I say it. This is no joke- we all take our bodies and lives for granted but you just cannot imagine the twists, turns, and colors a human body can change into. This guy was tubed and went around on a wheelchair, had to muster every fiber to say hello, and was on suicide watch. I took care of him in his final days. Once he was starting to do better, he learned the game, pretended to do his work, and persuaded the stupid doctor to let him go home. After the doctor had said "one more drink, and you are dead." He died the next day.

Those of us with the "badass" attitude that think that every thing that happens is a result of free will listen to this and take it in seriously. We are extremely frail creatures. The more we think we have things in control the less we really do. Our culture emphasizes individualism, and the downside to that is that people get blamed for what happens to them. But a suicidal person or someone with substance problems cannot see clearly. When you are suicidal, you see in tunnel vision- your problems become gargantuan and they take over your life. You can only see two options- to suffer or to take your own life, just like the addict sees the options "suffer" or "one more hit". They choose between the two, and yes it is a choice, but it is hardly. You cannot fairly say that they should have full responsibility. They need help. I saw Winehouse's death coming because she kept repeating the same things over and wasn't getting adequate help. This is what happens with stars, people think because of their elevated status that someone will eventually help them out, which is wrong. Please don't say anyone deserved death unless you've seen a living person die. Thank you.

I never really listened to her, but still its sad when someone dies even if you dont know them...R.I.P Amy

Why are people making jokes about the dead. Do you really think thats funny. No matter what that person did in their life time doesnt mean you can make fun of their death. Amy does have people that care about her and you should respect that. so watch what you say.

It's because they are scum.

You don't have to know someone to give a shit about them dying. I saw a video today that showed an innocent boy being shot by Pakistani soldiers. He didn't do anything wrong and the soldiers all stood around and watched him bleed to death while he was begging for help. If you feel NOTHING after things like this, you just aren't a human being. I don't know the guy, just saw him in the video, and it was incredibly heartbreaking. He died and none of those *******s did a damn thing about it....and this person did nothing to deserve it.

NO ONE has to like Amy or her music, nor do they have to give a shit about her being alive or dead, but if you want to make a dickheaded comment, keep it in your brain or say it somewhere else. It doesn't matter who it is, it isn't funny when someone dies. It may not do anything to you personally because it is someone you don't know or care about, but everyone has a family, everyone has friends, everyone has someone who loves them. You wouldn't want people to make fun of your friend or family member if they died so don't do it to someone else.

It's because they are scum.

You don't have to know someone to give a shit about them dying. I saw a video today that showed an innocent boy being shot by Pakistani soldiers. He didn't do anything wrong and the soldiers all stood around and watched him bleed to death while he was begging for help. If you feel NOTHING after things like this, you just aren't a human being. I don't know the guy, just saw him in the video, and it was incredibly heartbreaking. He died and none of those *******s did a damn thing about it....and this person did nothing to deserve it.

NO ONE has to like Amy or her music, nor do they have to give a shit about her being alive or dead, but if you want to make a dickheaded comment, keep it in your brain or say it somewhere else. It doesn't matter who it is, it isn't funny when someone dies. It may not do anything to you personally because it is someone you don't know or care about, but everyone has a family, everyone has friends, everyone has someone who loves them. You wouldn't want people to make fun of your friend or family member if they died so don't do it to someone else.

I don't remember who showed it to me, but I saw this "vigilante revenge" video from Brazil. Basically a couple of teenagers robbed a guy and stole his car, but accidentally killed him in the process. The guy's brother leads a mob and finds one of the kids, and makes this video to scare the second kid. The mob beats up the boy, who is only 17, until he's unconscious, then proceeds to douse him in gasoline. Everyone else is shouting "yeah yeah" along the lines of that, then they light the kid on fire, he squirms a bit, then hardens. Just like that, 30 seconds tops. People have no idea when they say jokes like that. Its from a sheltered, reserved life. Or, some say it because they are nervous. But mostly the first.

But a lot of people are ignorant like that, and that's life. It pisses me off too. I wish the rep system was back.

just saw an update on someone's status on fb and was quite stunned. saw it coming but still stunned.. RIP Amy. not a fan of that kinda music but she did have a killer voice.

P.S. 1, wtf is wrong with some of you? how would you like it if a loved one of yours died and others joked about it? jesus, grow a brain or spare us from showing you have none

P.S. 2, also don't get why people assume just because someone has limelight on they can get through anything. for all we know, Amy may have had no real friends, her relationship with her family members could be cold and so on. at the end of the day when it comes to addictions, it all comes down to will power really. even if you have the best life ever, many loved ones, success, money, whatever the hell is that pleases you, if you are addicted to something that's killing you, if you have no will power to help YOURSELF, the help of others will never be enough. the downside is you see this with many famous people, companies try to promote people with either zero talent or plenty of talent but if you become a hit, it takes no genius to realize that afterwards they basically make you a robot and get you agents and such who will tell you , you must act like this or that and do this or that. lots of people can't handle pressure so the results are like this