Reptile revealed!

Ok well let me begin by saying...I'm content with this!

-No really i am Happy Reptile made the Roster.

-His mask is AWESOME. Its not your traditional ninja mask as one part covers his snout and the others halfs cover the side of his jawline allowing him to open his mouth to speak and spit acid. I think thats awesome. His costume i can dig it, it reminds me of his MKDA & MK9 (secondary attires). I know there have been some complaints about his costume but i rather dig the seemingly self made attire of what looks like Teeth or BONES. He seems to possibly de-evolved some more but not too much. Its also nice to hear him speak instead of just growls & snarls!

-Definitely wonder what his role will be in the game. I hope he isn't just another minion type character that gets reduced to getting his a$$ kicked. I would like to think he's broken ties with his "Masters" and ventured out on his own and may be more of a neutral character.

-The only complaint i really have about this reveal is that...well it was Reptile. Don't get me wrong i wanted him in the game but I was hoping for a NEW face or a Face we haven't seen in awhile **cough Reiko cough** this time around. Reptile would have been a great reveal closer to the games release. but since we got him now, i know who my 3rd Main will be...for now

Last edited:
Looking the way he throws his forceball, it's interesting. He pulls some of that acid viscous thing and then he releases it, and it goes like a bubble.

The only thing I didnt like about the reveal was the bubbles in the fatality. Animate some melting flesh for christ sake.

He belongs. He's been one of MK's classics for a long time - heck, he's the original secret character!

I may be wrong, but I'm having a feeling that they're looking at MK II's roster when bringing classic characters back. Wouldn't be surprised to see Baraka back too. Nevertheless, I'm fine with the original MK characters, that is - the original seven + Goro and Reptile. I also wouldn't be much surprised if Shang Tsung was back somehow, and I wouldn't even mind at that point.
PS.: MK II had that mysterious, dark aura to it... Maybe somehow it inspired MK X. I just wanted some Shao Kahn too, damn.

Uh... Goro, Quan Chi, Raiden and Kano were all MK9 survivors, as well.

Scorpion, Raiden, Quan Chi, and Kano are all MK9 survivors, too...

I am more than well aware of that. But with Kitana and Kung Lao, Sub-Zero and Jax, it seemed like all the dead people were going to come back and a lot of the living ones weren't. 'Finally' doesn't necessarily connote a first, but in this case I meant it as the first in a while.

PS.: MK II had that mysterious, dark aura to it... Maybe somehow it inspired MK X. I just wanted some Shao Kahn too, damn.

I actually brought this up to a buddy the other day when we were discussing the game. How this game, tone wise, seems to be mirroring the progression made from MK to MKII in that has a distinctly daker vibe to it.

I'm surprise people are upset that Reptile is in the game. If he wasn't then everyone would about it. He's a iconic character, he was 99% given to be in the game since day one.

At first I was taken back because I got on TRMK randomly and just read negative connotations towards Reptile. So trying not to let comments I saw hinder my initial thoughts, I was actually taken back and was not impressed and thought the character design was horrendous but after a couple more views...

The design works! Once I remembered that MKX takes place in multiple times, his concept makes sense. A more 'fossil' look suits that Reptile has said and like the previous poster mentioned the rapter/bird connection, I believe is spot on (granted look at Riptor in KI). The mask makes sense, not saying it looks the greatest but makes sense since his abilities are acid based attacks, so the mobility of his mask in his mouth I will accept. Loved seeing his tongue out for a back grab, really gives him an old school vibe so yeah I can accept this primitive version of Reptile...

Reptiles design has generally been all misses since well....he was a palate swap in UMK3! MK9 was the best looking one yet and MKX adds upon that...atleast he not wearing those ugly purple hammer pants...but yeah his body looks like the he has the same "skin" in MK9 but like others in the game...older.

I still wish Reptile had that mystique of being a lizard with human skin and truly being just being a reptile within.

Reptiles specials...

-Slide
-Acid Spit
-Dropkick into a cartwheel kick (juggles)
-Summersault claw slash (At the 25 sec mark Reptile launches himself over Lao's ground hat. The shear angle and velocity makes me say special and not just a jump punch.)
-Acid puddle (looks like an enhanced version of the acid spit, most likely just to zone and keep enemies away.)
-Elbow dash
-Throw hold into acid puke (I believe this is just a standard front command throw, like how when Reptile hold them up with his tongue and claws them being the back command throw.)
-Invisibility

I believe, heavily that one of the variants will be based on his ability turn become completely invisible or maybe stay invisible while hit or something to that extent. Think about it. No other character in the MK franchise has that ability so it would make most sense to capitalize on it. Plus it is a cool move that has become pretty useless, so if they could buff it out that would be the ideal route.

Can't wait to have a Reptile Shinnok Quan Chi storyline fired up again.

I'm surprise people are upset that Reptile is in the game. If he wasn't then everyone would about it. He's a iconic character, he was 99% given to be in the game since day one.

I disagree. Kano and Sonya werent in MKII, game was still amazing. Raiden and Scorpion weren't in MK3. Mk4 was missing some as well.

Characters can be given a break and the fans will get over it.

I was expecting this and I'm OK with it. I'm not the biggest Reptile fan, but I think he looks really good this game. His design, at least for me, is possibly my favorite of any Reptile. He looks very intimidating (something, sadly, the SM costume didn't have). We don't know his variants, which is a shame, but I get the feeling they'll be creative and fun. I'm not quite sure why Reptile's inclusion is being questioned: he's one of the most popular characters, he's highly demanded and he survived the last game. It was obvious to everyone.

Also, the dialogue between Kung Lao and Reptile was supposed to be funny (which it was). GEEZ PEOPLE.

Lastly, they need to fix the fatality. The acid burning the face was far too cheesy and clean. Sorry, but it wasn't good. At all.

Last edited:
-Definitely wonder what his role will be in the game. I hope he isn't just another minion type character that gets reduced to getting his a$$ kicked. I would like to think he's broken ties with his "Masters" and ventured out on his own and may be more of a neutral character.

Exactly, he has always been a minion type of character. The biggest time he spent was when he became the Dragon King reborn or something like that? I do not quite remember how that all went down.

I disagree. Kano and Sonya werent in MKII, game was still amazing. Raiden and Scorpion weren't in MK3. Mk4 was missing some as well.

Characters can be given a break and the fans will get over it.

This.
Exactly.
Kano was missing from MK4.
Reptile isn't a must-have character like Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Liu Kang and Raiden.

(In all fairness, the only reason why Scorpion and Raiden went missing from MK3 is because Daniel Pesina, the character actor got fired, though. It was quickly rectified in UMK3 and Trilogy.)

This.
Exactly.
Reptile isn't a must-have character like Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Liu Kang and Raiden.

(In all fairness, the only reason why Scorpion and Raiden went missing from MK3 is because Daniel Pesina, the character actor got fired, though. It was quickly rectified in UMK3 and Trilogy.)

Not to us maybe, but Reptile is extremely popular. I would say more popular than Liu Kang, TBH.

This.
Exactly.

True. He had better stuff to do. BloodStorm. lol.

Reptile was present in every single MK game iirc. Except for Deception. He was too busy being Onaga.

I openly admit, I am pleasantly surprised by how much I liked how Reptile looks. I was actually surprised how many on here were disappointed.