redditor on gamestop;they're saying a new character will be announced on 4/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not setting myself up for disappointment. Honestly as cool as it would be for fujin or rain or someone else to be in the game, I don't think they will be. My moneys on this just being a Jason gameplay reveal if it's anything at all

I'm not setting myself up for disappointment. Honestly as cool as it would be for fujin or rain or someone else to be in the game, I don't think they will be. My moneys on this just being a Jason gameplay reveal if it's anything at all

Hell, I'd be happy with that.
Though I doubt we'll be getting any 'trailers' on game release.
I expect a Jason trailer in about 2 weeks.

This^

No one's asking him to necessarily be the main boss, just that he is playable; as a cameo, DLC bonus, fan service... whatever. If nonentities like Termor and Tanya, and the slew of other obscure characters MKX has can be found a place, one the franchise's most well-known stalwarts should also be available to fans.

Who do they want to pander to primarily, anyway -- the fans or the Call of Duty crowd?

1. Shao Kahn is a colossal douche. He should sit a few games out. He is a villian that had his time.

2. Tanya and Tremor have been HEAVILY requested. You're the only guy who wants Shao Kahn back.

3. The Call of Duty crowd? Seriously?

Too much time. I'm getting sick of his face at the top of the ladders.

I just hope he doesnt get reduced to the joke villain. it seemed around the 3D era that he was a buffoon compared to other villains. although yeah I would like to see others in his place for a while.

It unlocks at midnight your time. I have a friend that is pacific and Halo didn't unlock until it was midnight for him.

Wasn't that because Halo was released 12:01 PST??

And Mortal Kombat X is being released at 12:01 EST. So that should mean us on the west coast will be getting it at 9:01 pm tomorrow =)

How on earth did it get past the Australian censorship board? Aren't MK games normally banned there?
If I remember correctly, a while ago Australian government implemented (finally) age rating for games that are only avalaible for adults (18 years and beyond), therefore making MKX avalaible. Before, there wasn't such a thing, only rating that was capped to +15. Because for instance MK9 was thought to be too violent to fit +15 category, it was banned.

1. Shao Kahn is a colossal douche. He should sit a few games out. He is a villian that had his time.
2. Tanya and Tremor have been HEAVILY requested. You're the only guy who wants Shao Kahn back.
3. The Call of Duty crowd? Seriously?
1. Opinion and the character eliciting such animosity within you should tell you how effective and well-designed he in fact is for a boss. Do you think anyone will remember Seth or even Blaze like they do Kahn...? The 'ninjas' (et al.), on the other hand, are all literally generic also-rans whose un-evolving selves are becoming more at home in Mugen than MK -- neither hot nor cold, just spat out; iteration after iteration.
2. Nonentities hardly known and even less likely to be known when overshadowed by Jason and Predator. (see: Skarlet)
3. Seriously. Ask any games company which demographic they'd most like to corner and it would be the CoD crowd. Even From Software (Souls series) said as much, of all developers! They're a game producers' wet dream: undiscerning / easy-to-please, willing to swallow a rehash every week, will lap up DLC like it's chocolate-coated crap and as expansive a group as could be hoped for in this industry. A perfect target demographic for NRS! :pimp:

If I remember correctly, a while ago Australian government implemented (finally) age rating for games that are only avalaible for adults (18 years and beyond), therefore making MKX avalaible.
Yes. There was not an "R18+" rating for video games per se back then and anything that failed to qualify for an MA15+ rateing was refused classification and therefore effectively banned from sale. Games could still be imported however, just not sold on the open market.

A game can still be refused classification if it's deemed to not satisfy the 'R18+' prerequisites and is then called "X-rated", in which case it's banned.

Wait, does anyone know for sure if MKX will be available for the west coast at 9pm Monday night?

If says it will be going live 12:01 EST...

1. Opinion and the character eliciting such animosity within you should tell you how effective and well-designed he in fact is for a boss. Do you think anyone will remember Seth or even Blaze like they do Kahn...?
I wouldn't personally want Kahn back because I'm tired of him. He's been great and memorable as last boss, but since he's been main villain three times already, I'd like someone else to get a spotlight. As playable character he would serious tweaking to make his gameplay enjoyable, but Kahn as weaker playable version isn't the style we are used to.

Although if he's done right, then it would be neat. Would be great to see something like Bison from Street Fighter Alpha 3. His boss version is still widely remembered.

3. Seriously. Ask any games company which demographic they'd most like to corner and it would be the CoD crowd. Even From Software (Souls series) said as much, of all developers! They're a game producers' wet dream: undiscerning / easy-to-please, willing to swallow a rehash every week, will lap up DLC like it's chocolate-coated crap and as expansive a group as could be hoped for in this industry. A perfect target dem
ographic for NRS! :pimp:
I guess that means the character they’re going to announce must be either Price, Soap or Makarov. Can’t wait to see the fatalities. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.