Raiden Attitude in MKX

I don't think Raiden will have that big of a roll in this Mortal Kombat. He'll probably be the narrator of the story and appear throughout the game to give information to the protagonists and guide them in the right direction. Then he'll die in some way.

I doubt he will be the main character given that he was the main character in MK9, but I do bet that he will still have a major role in the story.

Raiden is the "Gandalf" of MK. He's the immortal being that has been present at every tournament, either physically or as a spectator. He won't die. He's now the MK champion, so if anything he may have to allow a mortal to defeat him and/ or he may have to defend Earthrealm yet again in the capacity of champion. Kotal is obviously his rival so I wonder how it all works out. Seems like there are a lot of rivals in MKX I want to see more NEW character reveals.

Last edited:
Raiden has been in every MK game since MK1 expect for the normal version of MK3 and UMK3. I think Raiden, Scorpion and Sub-Zero are three MK characters that will likely keep on coming back no matter what.

I think Raiden is following a blind path.

What he thinks was a prevention of Armageddon, I believe is mere postponement.

If we look closely, he concludes that Armageddon has been prevented because his amulet is fixed. That was the only, and the worst, way of thinking about it.

The amulet matches his death, not the apocalypse. Ok, after Raiden's death, the blaze-powered Kahn "killed Earthrealm (which is not so obvious in the movie)" (words used by Vogel when I asked about Taven on Facebook), so it started the end of all things, but the Thunder God's death and Armageddon were not necessary events, I mean, the amulet broke before Armageddon could have happen.

Following this, Raiden start changing events keeping an eye on the amulet cracks. He just stopped when the cracks were fixed, and this just happened when he realized that if Kahn merged Outworld with Earthrealm without winning the 10 tournaments he would be punished.

So the big event that mascarades the avertion of Armageddon is that when Kahn is taken by the Elder Gods to be judged. By doing this, Raiden averted not Armageddon, but averted Shao Kahn's existence in the same way it happened in the unchanged timeline, and in consequence, averted Kahn's presence on the day, hour and year of THAT Armageddon when he was killed and the amulet cracked.

In other words, Raiden prevented Kahn from existing on the fight that cracked the amulet. So he didn't dodged Armageddon, he prevented his death on the hands of Shao Kahn the way it happened. He mere postponed the end because kombatants will keep growing, unstabling the realms with the intense kombat and its merging. It does not matter if Kahn return or not, he will never follow the events exactly the way it happened, so the exact cracks that were transported to Raiden's past alter ego never happened.

Armageddon is still on course, probally years after, or before, who knows, but its causes didn't cease to exist with Kahn's punishment and future Raiden's death prevented.

^I think the story will come up with something new instead of just the delay of Armageddon.

Also, I think Dark Raiden will be completely eradicated from MKX, since he took control in MK9 instead of let the humans do their thing. Hence why my theory that the whole Deception konquest plot will be retconned.

Raiden looks pretty nasty in mkx, especially Displacer that's gotta be the best variation revealed so far.. im sure his amulet is telling him a nerf will be in the future haha

I think Raiden is following a blind path.

What he thinks was a prevention of Armageddon, I believe is mere postponement.

If we look closely, he concludes that Armageddon has been prevented because his amulet is fixed. That was the only, and the worst, way of thinking about it.

The amulet matches his death, not the apocalypse. Ok, after Raiden's death, the blaze-powered Kahn "killed Earthrealm (which is not so obvious in the movie)" (words used by Vogel when I asked about Taven on Facebook), so it started the end of all things, but the Thunder God's death and Armageddon were not necessary events, I mean, the amulet broke before Armageddon could have happen.

Following this, Raiden start changing events keeping an eye on the amulet cracks. He just stopped when the cracks were fixed, and this just happened when he realized that if Kahn merged Outworld with Earthrealm without winning the 10 tournaments he would be punished.

So the big event that mascarades the avertion of Armageddon is that when Kahn is taken by the Elder Gods to be judged. By doing this, Raiden averted not Armageddon, but averted Shao Kahn's existence in the same way it happened in the unchanged timeline, and in consequence, averted Kahn's presence on the day, hour and year of THAT Armageddon when he was killed and the amulet cracked.

In other words, Raiden prevented Kahn from existing on the fight that cracked the amulet. So he didn't dodged Armageddon, he prevented his death on the hands of Shao Kahn the way it happened. He mere postponed the end because kombatants will keep growing, unstabling the realms with the intense kombat and its merging. It does not matter if Kahn return or not, he will never follow the events exactly the way it happened, so the exact cracks that were transported to Raiden's past alter ego never happened.

Armageddon is still on course, probally years after, or before, who knows, but its causes didn't cease to exist with Kahn's punishment and future Raiden's death prevented.

Unless....the death of all the major kombatants was enough to keep the realms balanced...I mean earths mightiest worriors were killed. Could that provide enough balance to keep Armageddon from happening... and on top of the WHERE IS RAIDENS AMULET?!?!?! Does anybody not notice its missing??

Raiden turned evil by sacrificing himself to attempt to stop Onaga who is being controlled by the one being. When he dies he is transported back to Earthrealm and is reborn...but with Onaga's dark powers that corrupted him. I am sure that Raiden can still see key events that he can prevent...the flashbacks do include Onaga..he could prevent the rise of the dragon king...he could stop Shujinko as well an prevent all of this which led to a Dark Raiden to begin with.. I do believe Raiden will have guilt over the death of Liu Kang, but not enough to turn him evil. No..I see Raiden Cage, and Soyna recruiting earths new warriors to fight off this invasion by Shinnok. And I do believe Shinnok was aware of the message sent back since he wasn't plotting during the events of Armageddon and sent a clone in his place. Now Armageddon was set into motion long before Edenia was absorbed by Outworld. Because of visions from Tavens mother. I guess the question is this then..How many years did Armageddon Start after Mortal Kombat 4....more than 25? Less? if Less than im sure Armageddon will not happen. Or it will be explained on how it was prevented..

Unless....the death of all the major kombatants was enough to keep the realms balanced...I mean earths mightiest worriors were killed. Could that provide enough balance to keep Armageddon from happening... and on top of the WHERE IS RAIDENS AMULET?!?!?! Does anybody not notice its missing??

Those warriors were killed, but others are rising. It means kombatants are growing once again, it's the root of Armageddon.

Assuming they stay dead...the shift should be even again...but who knows...I think the team at NRS want to forget the whole Armageddon angle all together...it was a mess...I want to believe that those were all perma deaths minus one or two...(Liu Kang Katina) in order for Armageddon you would need ever single warrior alive...and that's not happening now..Khan, tsung, Sindel, nightwolf motaro, jax jade stryker, robo subby. kung lao, smoke, Kabal, al dead...so right now the balance is weak. Those new fighter will only restore the balance and you and I know that there will be blood...oh yes! there will be death with this new batch...they will fill the void...and balance the kombat, tipping the scales to the center...Armageddon will not come to be ii believe.. besides that game was just an excuse to put everybody in it...they saved the Entire series by rebooting it and now they don't have to go to Armageddon anymore...unless they do a Mortal Kombat Trilogy type game next game they do.

Also Raiden can stop Shujinko in his tracks, destroy the dragon egg, find blaze and put him on a different path, and find dagon and taven and put them to a fight to the death with Taven being the victor....shit that would completely prevent Armageddon all together. Raiden has seen the future he knows what he must do...that ambulant saved his life...stoped kahn..and now I look at raiden now and what isn't there...his amulet, maybe he threw It away because it led to all his friends to die..but still he can have visions of future events he wants to change,,,,

Also Raiden can stop Shujinko in his tracks, destroy the dragon egg, find blaze and put him on a different path, and find dagon and taven and put them to a fight to the death with Taven being the victor....shit that would completely prevent Armageddon all together. Raiden has seen the future he knows what he must do...that ambulant saved his life...stoped kahn..and now I look at raiden now and what isn't there...his amulet, maybe he threw It away because it led to all his friends to die..but still he can have visions of future events he wants to change,,,,

Raiden's visions aren't that clear. It isn't likely he'd be able to accomplish all of that.

I guess we will see..I highly doubt NRS wants to relive Armageddon...its a NEW story a new Direction..Why the hell would they change the past just to pump out the same future. His visions were good enough to stop smoke from being a Robot, prevent the death of Johnny Cage, ect..how is it not possable for him to stop Shujinko from completing his quest?

how is this not clear enough?!?!?

http://youtu.be/_XBtbQ1hTLM

http://youtu.be/XpJf2ZmI9D4

He sees his visions, but he doesn't exactly understand them.
I'm not saying Armageddon will happen again, I'm just saying that I doubt Raiden will do all of those specific things

.Why the hell would they change the past just to pump out the same future. His visions were good enough to stop smoke from being a Robot, prevent the death of Johnny Cage, ect..how is it not possable for him to stop Shujinko from completing his quest?

how is this not clear enough?!?!?

http://youtu.be/_XBtbQ1hTLM

http://youtu.be/XpJf2ZmI9D4

I didn't see Shujinko in any of those visions.
Am i missing something?

Raiden couldn't even figure out what he ment by "he must win".
I highly doubt he knows how to stop Shujinko's entire quest, just from a couple visions of the dragon king.

And every time Raiden did stop something (robot smoke, death of cage) something even worse took it's place

Example: Raiden saved smoke from being a robot, only to see sub-zero as a robot.
He may have stopped one thing, but the same thing ended up happening anyway, only worse.

BRTky.jpg

I don't know if I should thanks or not, because that was a favor.

you guys are the type that ask dumbass questions and requests...SMH i been playin MK while you were all swimming in your dads sack...believe what you want..but it aint happening..im done im going to Test Your Might...maybe those guys have a better understanding of the game..sheesh Im out LMFAO

so whats gonna happen when your speculations are wrong? Cause that's what they are, biased opinions.