PS3/X360 versions - do they even exist?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The PS4 price is the same as 5 month of rent for me (and I have the same amount of other taxes and bills to pay every month). And rent is going up in November so.... yeah, I don't think I am getting one soon lol
I'll never understand people telling someone they don't know what they should do with their money.

Last edited:
Just to add in what it’s like from someone who ACTUALLY has a family and IS NOT Single, with No addictions, a non Smoker, doesn't have a 'Party' Lifestyle, Hell I only ever drink 'socially' which isn't that much alcohol and hardly ever these days...you know getting old does that. Here is where the money goes:

Insurance, phone bills, internet bills, rent, car repayments, school fees, school clothes, regular kids clothes, more clothes because kids grow, sports fees, sports clothes, travel, petrol, the odd toy here and there, the odd kids book and colouring book here and there, Clothes for me and my partner NOT EXPENSIVE Designer Ones but underwear, socks, sleeping stuff, day to day stuff, more school stuff, school excursions. Then...maybe a dvd or 2 every couple of months or God Forbid a LAST Gen Game to ENJOY life a little and the little things like coffee that help you get through the week. Then there's this thing called FOOD not 'disposable income sort of restaurants' or anything but just to 'Survive' which is getting More and More Expensive in Australia, especially Sydney. I'm sure there are other OLD GEN users here who do similar with their Money, I can only imagine how much harder it is in other countries.

So sure I'll endure what could be months of having NO Income to pay for these ‘Living Expenses’ risking getting kicked out on the street and go get a better F***ing job JUST to get a PS4 or Xbox One with a limited range that my family doesn't NEED just for one or 2 measly games when our OLD gen is for the ENTIRE Family and has a huge range on it. Oh and for that $5-$10 every week that I COULD spare THAT will usually Get SPENT on something like Food, Travel or an ACTUAL NECESSITY. If/When I do eventually UPGRADE it will be for at least for HALF of what the price is NOW because you know THAT'S a PRICE you COULD ACTUALLY Save for.

As others have stated, I'm also SICK TO DEATH death of people with this entitled attitude looking down on people like me telling us what's what. So to all those entitled people, grow a heart..if that's even possible, really LOOK at others who ARE NOT like You WITHOUT JUDGEMENT and grow the F*** Up.

Last edited:
Last gen consoles are irrelevant now. Get a PS4 or Xbox One if you wanna play this game so bad.
If you're going to tell people to upgrade in a condescending fashion like that, you don't belong here, PERIOD! Just because someone isn't as fortunate as you to be able to buy a new console (a LUXURY product, by the way) doesn't give you any license to act like a complete douchebag towards them like [MENTION=18881]MKXGoon101[/MENTION] did (yes, I tagged you to make an example out of you).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
If you're going to tell people to upgrade in a condescending fashion like that, you don't belong here, PERIOD! Just because someone isn't as fortunate as you to be able to buy a new console (a LUXURY product, by the way) doesn't give you any license to act like a complete douchebag towards them like [MENTION=18881]MKXGoon101[/MENTION] did (yes, I tagged you to make an example out of you).

I have my reasons for acting like a complete douchebag.

I have my reasons for acting like a complete douchebag.
Nonetheless, there's no excuse for that kind of attitude. I bet you have Affluenza. Frankly, you don't deserve a PS4 or an XBone with the way you are treating the likes of [MENTION=19570]Zer0degreez[/MENTION], [MENTION=18651]emi_b7[/MENTION], [MENTION=18045]MitsuharuSan[/MENTION], [MENTION=23006]ZombieFanatic[/MENTION], [MENTION=18699]Bart[/MENTION], and all the MK fans who live in countries where the new consoles are even more expensive than they are in the US (ESPECIALLY in South American countries such as Brazil and Argentina, where taxes have jacked up the price into the 4-figure range, even if converted to USD), and I know for a fact that there were others on this very website who were in those same shoes, looking to get the PS3/360 ports before financial circumstances (such as an income tax return, for instance) enabled them to upgrade prior to release. So why don't YOU start living paycheck to paycheck trying to make ends meet? If a next-gen console really IS your priority even under those circumstances, then you seriously need to be given the Charlie Manson treatment because it's obvious that you don't have your priorities straight.

Last edited:
Nonetheless, there's no excuse for that kind of attitude. I bet you have Affluenza. Frankly, you don't deserve a PS4 or an XBone with the way you are treating the likes of [MENTION=19570]Zer0degreez[/MENTION], [MENTION=18651]emi_b7[/MENTION], [MENTION=18045]MitsuharuSan[/MENTION], [MENTION=23006]ZombieFanatic[/MENTION], [MENTION=18699]Bart[/MENTION], and all the MK fans who live in countries where the new consoles are even more expensive than they are in the US (ESPECIALLY in South American countries such as Brazil and Argentina, where taxes have jacked up the price into the 4-figure range, even if converted to USD), and I know for a fact that there were others on this very website who were in those same shoes, looking to get the PS3/360 ports before financial circumstances (such as an income tax return, for instance) enabled them to upgrade prior to release. So why don't YOU start living paycheck to paycheck trying to make ends meet? If a next-gen console really IS your priority even under those circumstances, then you seriously need to be given the Charlie Manson treatment because it's obvious that you don't have your priorities straight.

I have no idea what Affluenza is and I wasn't talking about neither of those people, nor do I live in the US.

Also what makes you think I don't deserve a PS4 & Xbox One? (Yes I have both consoles.)

OK I lied. This will be my post. How was I being a douchebag? All I said was start saving, it's not that hard, and once again, I doubt anyone here is in that deep of poverty that they can't (if you live in the US, at least). Then that one dude attacked me with keeping my mouth shut so I said his excuses are running out, WHICH THEY ARE! I understand they have bills, but if you could manage to afford a 360/ps3, which I assume you would've gotten when they were the price of current gen consoles, NOT SAYING THEY DID, JUST SAYING MIGHT, you can EVENTUALLY get a XB1/PS4 now. It's a luxury, of course, but once again, I know people with more dire situations who have managed to attain one. Then you attacked me with how I need to apologize despite the fact that I was called a douchebag. I get people's situations, but like I said in my original post, all this time waiting is time you could use saving. You're acting like a game console is some kind of new car or house.

As for Brazillian/Argentina gamers, I completely understand their problem with inflation. I have no argument for them.

Also what makes you think I don't deserve a PS4 & Xbox One? (Yes I have both consoles.)
Your attitude towards people who don't have one.
OK I lied. This will be my post. How was I being a douchebag? All I said was start saving, it's not that hard, and once again, I doubt anyone here is in that deep of poverty that they can't (if you live in the US, at least). Then that one dude attacked me with keeping my mouth shut so I said his excuses are running out, WHICH THEY ARE! I understand they have bills, but if you could manage to afford a 360/ps3, which I assume you would've gotten when they were the price of current gen consoles, NOT SAYING THEY DID, JUST SAYING MIGHT, you can EVENTUALLY get a XB1/PS4 now. It's a luxury, of course, but once again, I know people with more dire situations who have managed to attain one. Then you attacked me with how I need to apologize despite the fact that I was called a douchebag. I get people's situations, but like I said in my original post, all this time waiting is time you could use saving. You're acting like a game console is some kind of new car or house.

As for Brazillian/Argentina gamers, I completely understand their problem with inflation. I have no argument for them.
Really?!

c4019fe5b3f0478844b59f2916e0f490.jpg
fad6bb4b4319e4b606b2f21a44eff38e.jpg

That sounds more like flaming people for not upgrading to me...

It won't surprise me if the PS3 and 360 versions of MKX where made for the overseas market in mind since MK is big in South America and the PS4 is very pricey over there. The PS3 and 360 are almost dead in the US since their time is almost done since everything is moving on to the PS4 and XO which is apart of gaming. You can't keep 10 year consoles going on forever since the PS1 died out a decade after it was first released.

Even if some day that freakin' game will be available on PS3, I'm still not sure whether I would buy it. Everything depends on how it will be ported. Maybe it will be worth it to wait some time more and wait for the komplete edition and wait until the PS4 price is lower, we will see.

As for the similarities of buying PS3 couple of years ago and buying a PS4 now - I got my PS3 in 2012 (!) just because it cost even less than normally as it was an addition for newjoiners of a mobile phone network. So yes, in normal conditions PS3 was also expensive to me.

While I'm not a poor student anymore and just started the real job, maybe it will be easier for me to get a PS4 than a PS3 back then.

And by telling all this I mean that the material situation could change throughout the years and all of us have our own reasons why we haven't bought the new console yet, and no one should question it.

Cheers!

I understand 100% where people are coming with, as far as either financial reasons or just wanting to keep the old consoles (PS3 and 360), and I can see that side of the coin and I agree with those that want to stay with their old systems.

That said, though, people also have to understand things from the other side of the coin; the developers point of view.
At a certain point in time, the developer will stop making games for that console because the old development engine starts to hold them back and limits what they can do, and they will want to develop on either a new version of that engine or another engine altogether.
Metal Gear Solid V: TPP and Mortal Kombat X are made on modified engines to run on both generations of consoles, and that's great for those with older consoles, but that may not be the case in the next few years to come.
Sure, High Voltage is doing the PS3 / 360 ports, but there comes a time when NRS will want to work on a new fighting game engine that may not be Unreal Engine 3, and may stop porting for those consoles.
For Naughty Dog, Uncharted 4 was the game in which they decided on that new engine.
For id Software, it was DOOM (2016) with the id Tech 6 engine.
For Arkane Studios it was Dishonored 2 with the id Tech 6 engine.

Again, I'm not saying that people should only game on next-gen, nor am I looking down on anyone with a last-gen console.
On the contrary.
What I am saying, though, is that developers also have to move forward, and they will.

Last edited:
Agree completely.

But if you want to release a game on both gens, then just do it.
And if want to release a game only on new gen, don't announce otherwise.

And actually that's the main issue.

The main issue, though, is the delay on last-gen, and for all we know that could actually be High Voltage's fault.
People are quick to blame NRS, but how do we know that NRS didn't give it to High Voltage to port it, and THEY are the ones that are taking long with it?

Agree again.

But did NRS submit any official statement on what's the status on releasing the game on last gens and what were the reasons of delay? I'm asking because I just wasn't following that all the time and simply don't know. Anyway, I don't recall such situation, but I can be wrong.

If they did not, then that's the issue also.

Agree again.

But did NRS submit any official statement on what's the status on releasing the game on last gens and what were the reasons of delay? I'm asking because I just wasn't following that all the time and simply don't know. Anyway, I don't recall such situation, but I can be wrong.

If they did not, then that's the issue also.

The last gen versions don't concern NRS. Blame WB.

All you did was post what I had already justified. Not gonna argue about this. It's too damn late (early) for this.

Don't bother with TT, he's the local troll.

Last edited:
Again, I'm not saying that people should only game on next-gen, nor am I looking down on anyone with a last-gen console.
On the contrary.
What I am saying, though, is that developers also have to move forward, and they will.

Yeah since that's apart of gaming is that the old consoles have to die out so developers can move on. Anyone who has been a console gamer for over 20 years now would know that getting a new console is apart of being console gamer. They can't support old systems forever. People talk about on how they want cross gen games for PS3 & PS4 while no one was doing the same when the PS3 and 360 where out. The 360 was pretty pricey when it was new too since went on both $499.99 and $399.99 at the time. Not everyone had a job back then too.

I understand some people will want to wait for a price drop for the PS4 and XO, but you do have to move on to new consoles soon.

On the contrary.

WB did explicitly announce that the previous generation consoles would get a port of MKX, and major retailers are even accepting preorders for it. If they don't honor it, it's False Advertising.

WB did explicitly announce that the previous generation consoles would get a port of MKX, and major retailers are even accepting preorders for it. If they don't honor it, it's False Advertising.

That has nothing to do with Commander's statement. He just said developers are moving forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.