Place your bets on the next DLC character(s)

Which DLC characters will be released?

• Story Pack (Baraka, Rain, Sindel)

Votes: 28 34.6%
  • Kombat Pack II (2x MK, 2x guest)

Votes: 11 13.6%
  • Rain (free for Kombat Pack owners?)

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • Fujin

Votes: 48 59.3%
  • Sareena

Votes: 16 19.8%
  • Li Mei

Votes: 17 21.0%
  • Smoke

Votes: 9 11.1%
  • Cyrax

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Frost

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • Individual guest character (Alien, Terminator...)

Votes: 5 6.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm going to love if the Story Pack is real (Fujin, Rain, Sindel and Baraka). I'd love to have Sindel as this:

B9-aJpoCIAEJ2Op.jpg

She looks so bossy. Does anyone know who made it?

only sindel matters!!!!

In all seriousness I think it'd be crazy not to monetize the NPCs who are already modeled and rigged. Add Fujin to round out a 4-pack.

I'm not interested in Baraka, Rain or Sindel if I'm honest, mainly because they wouldn't feel new to me to be honest, Fujin had no actual fights so he'd feel somewhat newer, Reiko & Havik would also be cool, but to be so heavily involved in the comics but not in the game means they obviously meet an eventual demise........

I'll go outside of the box and guess Fujin with MK4 costumes, Taven with Armageddon costumes, Shang Tsung with MK3 costumes & an Injustice Villain (For fatality sake) with DC style costumes (Green Arrow style Kung Jin)

Free update costume: MK3 Ninja Tremor

If they add Sindel, I hope they redesign her. Her look in the story is too MK2011 copypaste. If Fujin, Rain and Baraka have all brand new costumes, so should Sindel.

Please NO Meat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There would be an outrage if Meat was DLC. It's never going to happen.

Realistically, I've gotta go with Fujin, Sindel, Rain, and Baraka. I do not think that Sindel should be DLC nor do I want her to be, but I could see it as the route NRS plans on taking. There's also the possibilty of them including Cyrax, Noob, Smoke etc just because they are fan favorites. It's really up in the air at this point. All I ask for is one thing and I will be satisfied - Fujin.

... MK4 Shinnok would be nice too :)

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

lol, do people really want Sindel, or is it just because she's an NPC and so it might be easier to add her? I've never known her to have any real sort of fan base, and I don't recall her being popular in either MK3 or MK9. I can't imagine she was too far above Sheeva in terms of overall player popularity.

I understand Baraka (another 'monster' character would be good) even if I personally find him pretty bland, but Sindel isn't going to top any polls for most requested character, or even most requested female character.

I'm not against the idea of a Story Pack, and if it contained Rain and Fujin I'd probably buy it, but I'm sceptical that Sindel - if released as an individual character - would be particularly popular.

lol, do people really want Sindel, or is it just because she's an NPC and so it might be easier to add her? I've never known her to have any real sort of fan base, and I don't recall her being popular in either MK3 or MK9. I can't imagine she was too far above Sheeva in terms of overall player popularity.

I understand Baraka (another 'monster' character would be good) even if I personally find him pretty bland, but Sindel isn't going to top any polls for most requested character, or even most requested female character.

I'm not against the idea of a Story Pack, and if it contained Rain and Fujin I'd probably buy it, but I'm sceptical that Sindel - if released as an individual character - would be particularly popular.

EXACTLY. Sindel is honestly one of the characters i'm least expecting to make it, even though she has a model in story, she is not popular at all. I doubt she would sell well on her own.

I get this same feeling [MENTION=18905]mandead[/MENTION].

I'm beginning to think that with Sindel people just want more MK3 nostalgia, same as Baraka with more MKII nostalgia.
My memory is a bit foggy, but I could have sworn that both Baraka and Sindel were in the bottom 5 characters used in all of MK9.

As for Rain, he was in 3rd place sales for DLC behind Freddy and Kenshi, so I don't know where this sudden outcry from people on the Interwebz for Rain is coming from (just in general, not aimed at you).
If so many people wanted Rain in an MK game, then why didn't more people vote with their wallets during MK9?
Rain has this sudden bandwagon, but I don't think many people even used him in MK9.
I know that I personally used Rain as my main in MK9, but I was hard-pressed to find many others who also mained him, aside from maybe the 1 or 2 occasional Tourney guys that tried him out in pools.

If they're really making another Kombat Pack, I hope it includes not a single MK 9 character. There are plenty of interesting characters we haven’t seen since Armageddon that deserve a place in the spotlight. Popular characters like Jade, Kabal, Sindel or Cyrax will always come back. But for Fans of characters like Daegon, Ashrah or Shujinko a DLC might be their only chance to play their favorites ever again.

If they're really making another Kombat Pack, I hope it includes not a single MK 9 character. There are plenty of interesting characters we haven’t seen since Armageddon that deserve a place in the spotlight. Popular characters like Jade, Kabal, Sindel or Cyrax will always come back. But for Fans of characters like Daegon, Ashrah or Shujinko a DLC might be their only chance to play their favorites ever again.

While I agree with you and I'd rather not have any MK9 characters as DLC, the problem with that logic is will those characters sell a lot on their own (Daegon, Ashrah or Shujinko).

Fujin has high requests, Rain has some requests and the rest of the characters............ not so much.
WB is also a business, and if they don't think that Daegon, Ashrah or Shujinko will give them high sales, then they probably won't put them out as DLC.

The best bet for those characters is a main roster spot for MK11, otherwise I don't think many people would buy them.

I get this same feeling [MENTION=18905]mandead[/MENTION].

I'm beginning to think that with Sindel people just want more MK3 nostalgia, same as Baraka with more MKII nostalgia.
My memory is a bit foggy, but I could have sworn that both Baraka and Sindel were in the bottom 5 characters used in all of MK9.

As for Rain, he was in 3rd place sales for DLC behind Freddy and Kenshi, so I don't know where this sudden outcry from people on the Interwebz for Rain is coming from (just in general, not aimed at you).
If so many people wanted Rain in an MK game, then why didn't more people vote with their wallets during MK9?
Rain has this sudden bandwagon, but I don't think many people even used him in MK9.
I know that I personally used Rain as my main in MK9, but I was hard-pressed to find many others who also mained him, aside from maybe the 1 or 2 occasional Tourney guys that tried him out in pools.

You're right, Baraka and Sindel were both bottom 5 and no one used them. I also found this issue with Rain in MK9, literally no one used him after he came out yet he was so heavily requested. Then MKX comes along and the same shit happens and whenever I bring it up I got attacked by a ton of Rain fans so I just let it be lol. Glad to see someone feels the same way. For the record Rain wasn't actually all that bad in MK9 and he was super fun to use, those roundhouse cancels were so satisfying. I just don't understand why so many people want him again after we JUST had him in MK9. It's like they didn't even play the game for more than 5 minutes lol

As for the MK3 nostalgia, I can get that. There is a severe lack of MK3 characters in this game and it saddens me. I would have loved to see Nightwolf revamped in this game, man he had such an awesome appearance in MK9 but it seems like he's not requested all that often. Even his minuscule appearance in story was awesome, those red tomahawks though! Sindel did have a big part in MK3 and she definitely could fill that role, I would have rather had someone else like Kabal or Stryker though.

I disagree with this, actually. If the intent is to just include underused characters for DLC and forget them again in a future instalment, then hell no. We need more DLC characters like Rain, Tanya and Kenshi and less like Skarlet. I would be extremely disappointed if they ignored Tremor for MK11, especially with all the Dream Realm hints and Mileena coming back to life because of it (watch his intro with Mileena). I'm saying this as someone who does not like Tremor.

If they want characters like Ashrah, Havik and Hotaru to be liked, they have to spend time on those characters. Good characterization involves the viewers getting to know the characters and becoming attached to them. Please don't say "it's just a video game", because it's not, at this point. The comic does very little to help this as it's amateurish and borderline insulting to the fans, at times. At this point, most MK fans don't remember any characters before MK9, so it's basically like they're starting new with these characters. Considering how much of a fantastic job with most of the new characters in MKX (Erron Black and Ferra/Torr were pointless. Erron looks badass, so he'll likely get a pass, but if Ferra/Torr don't appear in the next instalment, they'll get forgotten) I believe NRS can turn any character into something worth playing.

Sindel, Rain, Baraka were all fightable and had dialogue and plot purpose in the MKX game. Sindel and Rain had more of a purpose than a lot of the other characters that were playable even. So, all three of them, I think, stand the best chance. Fujin is easily the most demanded DLC character. To deny people again would be pretty awful. Sareena was very similar to Fujin, in that she was featured in a cut-scene, but doesn't nearly have the fanbase. If they included her as DLC, I'd be OK with it, since she seems to have a purpose now (sort of).

In an ideal world, I would love to include characters that were forgotten with their own story chapter. Characters like Sektor, who did not receive the proper send off, Reiko, who should have had, at the very least, a flashback inclusion in a Mileena POV chapter, would be my top two choices. This will never happen, however.

You're right, Baraka and Sindel were both bottom 5 and no one used them. I also found this issue with Rain in MK9, literally no one used him after he came out yet he was so heavily requested. Then MKX comes along and the same shit happens and whenever I bring it up I got attacked by a ton of Rain fans so I just let it be lol. Glad to see someone feels the same way. For the record Rain wasn't actually all that bad in MK9 and he was super fun to use, those roundhouse cancels were so satisfying. I just don't understand why so many people want him again after we JUST had him in MK9. It's like they didn't even play the game for more than 5 minutes lol

As for the MK3 nostalgia, I can get that. There is a severe lack of MK3 characters in this game and it saddens me. I would have loved to see Nightwolf revamped in this game, man he had such an awesome appearance in MK9 but it seems like he's not requested all that often. Even his minuscule appearance in story was awesome, those red tomahawks though! Sindel did have a big part in MK3 and she definitely could fill that role, I would have rather had someone else like Kabal or Stryker though.

Yup, and this coming from me, a Rain player in MK9, that doesn't want to see him as DLC again for MKX.

Sure, and I understand that as well, but I just don't want all of the characters from that era in every game.
I was a HUGE Rain, Nightwolf and Sub-Zero user in MK9 (those were my 3 mains), but Nightwolf I didn't mind seeing being absent this time, if it means that an Aztec-looking Kotal Kahn can shine in this game.
I have high hopes for MK11, and maybe Nightwolf, Smoke and Kabal can replace Mileena, Quan Chi and Shinnok for MK11, but I just also want to see characters like Fujin, Reiko and Havik also get a chance in MKX.
These are great post-MK3 characters that are getting thrown by the wayside, rather than a revamp, and it's a shame (IMO).
If there ends up being no Kombat Pack 2, this will be 2 games that Fujin got screwed out of being in, and Ed's trolling just makes matters even worse.

I want Rain, Smoke and Fujin, the fourth could be either Noob, Skarlet, Kabal, Cyrax or a rumour character.

I rather have characters that have appeared in Mk9, as Dlc.

I rather wait until the next Mk game to get Fujin, Reiko or whoever because then they will feel fresh that time around. Compared to if they are Dlc in this game it will take away the anticipation. Ontop of that if Fujin appears as dlc in the game they might keep him out of the next all together again.

I rather wait until the next Mk game to get Fujin, Reiko or whoever because then they will feel fresh that time around. Compared to if they are Dlc in this game it will take away the anticipation. Ontop of that if Fujin appears as dlc in the game they might keep him out of the next all together again.

Fujin feels more fresh now, especially being part of story mode.
Also, Fujin being DLC for MKX doesn't mean him being kept out for MK11.
How do you figure that?
Being DLC for the previous game doesn't automatically =/= exclusion from the following game.
Kenshi was on the main roster for MKX and he was DLC in MK9.