Official Soccer (football) Thread

I think the game today between Arsenal and Hull will have to go down as one of the games of the season, it was definately the most dramatic that much was for sure. Arsenal done so well to come back after conceding two goals early on. I think Hull definately deserve a lot of credit for how well they played but I think The Gunners were the better side overall and we could have won the game by a lot more if we capitalised on the chances we missed not to talk about the three penaltys we in my opinion should have had. I thoroughly enjoyed the game and will definately be getting it when it comes out on dvd. I believe this will be a turning point for Arsenal and I can see us winning more trophys in the near future. Anyways I am going out to celebrate soon, slan go foil. :)

I was taking great joy in the fact Man United did not qualify for the Champions League this year and believed this to be their downfall. Now today rumours has it they will be putting in huge bids for 47 million for Vidal and 45 million for di maria. Where are they getting all this money from I thought they were supposed to be in massive debt. Why are they allowed to spend when they should be paying off what they owe???

The trouble some clubs have to go through to stay financially stable & cant spend, then you have this going on. Sickens me :(

Haven't you heard of their Adidas deal? £75,000,000 per year for 10 years. Not to mention their GM Shirt sponsor.

That's how they can do it lol, it sucks total balls.

I rarely pay much attention whats going on at united heard something about it a while back but I seen Nike on their new jersey so took it for granted it did not materialise. Just I heard people saying before the end of last summer they were doomed because they made no profits and had massive depts to pay off which would take a few years to pay off, I imagine that would be enough to see them out of that or does it?

I don't remember any kit supplier throwing that type of money at Deportivo or Liverpool during their downfall, how football is not fair!!!!!

This is their last year with Nike. And trust me, they can afford these players now. So many sponsorships, NYSE stock listing, plus Manchester United being a global brand in itself when compared to other top clubs.

I can't stand the goddamned team, but they won't be hurting anytime soon.

Man U have so much money within their bank vaults, it's sickening.

Also, OP title is correct, as #1 this is an American board, and #2 at least we can compromise the title with all the overseas users that we aren't completely ignorant. :p

Man U, Real Madrid, Barcelona, FC Bayern Munich and to an extent Arsenal and Chelsea will have no problems with beating the Financial Fair Play Regulations that UEFA has implemented in order to play in the Champions and Europa League. Those clubs have huge fans bases and know to market themselves.

This link is the REAL Official Football Thread.

Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Jim Brown, Jerry Rice, and Dick Butkus represent TRUE football.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Lol gotta feed the troll on this one, "true Football". It's a sport derived from Rugby and 3/4ths of the time you're using your hands, whereas the REAL FOOTBALL came first. Should be called freaking Eggball as far as I'm concerned and I'm North American.

End of discussion.

Lol gotta feed the troll on this one, "true Football". It's a sport derived from Rugby and 3/4ths of the time you're using your hands, whereas the REAL FOOTBALL came first. Should be called freaking Eggball as far as I'm concerned and I'm North American.

End of discussion.

Enough said.

Last edited:
Trash, you're the one who always rambles on about how the original MK games are pure and nothing beats the original right?

Well, according to your logic, unless you're a blatant hypocrite, Association Football came first, then Eggball.

Yeah, like I said, end of discussion.

Trash, you're the one who always rambles on about how the original MK games are pure and nothing beats the original right?

Well, according to your logic, unless you're a blatant hypocrite, Association Football came first, then Eggball.

Yeah, like I said, end of discussion.
Football was invented by George Halas in 1920.

If soccer is football, then who's the starting quarterback of Manchester United?

115517_heroa.jpg

Heskey is the quarterback of the world.