Mortal Kombat 4 New Characters DLC

Choose which MK4 character you want for DLC.

• Total voters
Hi, new here. I know a lot of people want to see Reiko and I do too, but if there's only one slot open, I don't see how it can be him. We've seen Tanya chained up in the arena at the coliseum and we've seen Shinnok performing a dark ritual in the Church, so I'm guessing it's one of those two and since the game is low on female fighters (there's really only the three female ninja-swaps, Sonya and the Banshee -- we don't count that thing with four arms who we like to pulverize -- heh)... I vote TANYA! :)

...then again, I thought Skarlet was Kira (when she was chained up at the coliseum), so what the hell do I know? LOL...

...and while I'm ranting, what the hell is Kenshi doing in this version of the game, anyway? He wasn't in Mortal Kombat I, II or III in any of the mythologies. He's really a non-sequitir. Throwing him in was like throwing in Frost or Li Mei. It was dumb. Don't get me wrong, I like the character and he's a great addition to the game, but there's an entire roster of MK IV characters they dissed by dropping him in the game ahead of them.

Please don't triple post. Next time use the "edit post" button. Thanks.
-DCR, TRMK Staff

So, "staff," my two subsequent posts? They were 'deleted?' Like, the one with the video which revealed who the next character was? You know, the WHOLE POINT OF THIS THREAD?.

Nice move. Just delete your guests' posts...

Last edited:
I think if they decide to release anyone, it'll be fujin or reiko, shinnok should be in it, but I just don't think they'll do it cuz so many ppl want to "save" him which blows.

Reiko ONLY.

There's absolutely NO POINT in bringing characters that have their spot 100% certain in MK10. Reiko, being Shao Khan's general, is the only one who makes sense in this game.

How do you know who will be in the next game?

LOOOL If the next game follows the end of MK9, it'll certainly be about the war against Shinnok which pretty much MK4, why wouldn't NRS put at least most of MK4 characters there? That'd be dumb. It's like expecting at least 95% of the characters from MK1-UMK3 not to be in MK9.

Last edited:
LOOOL If the next game follows the end of MK9, it'll certainly be about the war against Shinnok which pretty much MK4, why wouldn't NRS put at least most of MK4 characters there? That'd be dumb. It's like not expecting at least 95% of the characters from MK1-UMK3 not to be in MK9.

Ah, I see. So, what you said earlier wasn't "100% certain" at all?

Characters like Fujin, Reiko or Tanya - the most requested ones - are pretty much 100% certain along with Shinnok. If they bring a MK4 character as DLC, then let it be one and one only, we don't need more MK4 characters as DLC IMO :/

Characters like Fujin, Reiko or Tanya - the most requested ones - are pretty much 100% certain along with Shinnok. If they bring a MK4 character as DLC, then let it be one and one only, we don't need more MK4 characters as DLC IMO :/

I think you missed my point. You began your argument by saying "If" - "If the next game follows the end of MK9..." That seems to be an assumption, not a 100% certainty.

LOOOL If the next game follows the end of MK9, it'll certainly be about the war against Shinnok which pretty much MK4, why wouldn't NRS put at least most of MK4 characters there?
Ed Boon said (well, tweeted, really) that MK10 is unlikely to be a remake of MK4, because they changed the timeline.

Ed Boon said (well, tweeted, really) that MK10 is unlikely to be a remake of MK4, because they changed the timeline.

I didn't say it was a remake, I said it'd be the war against Shinnok so characters related to him are bound to be back. Obviously things will be different this time...

LOOOL If the next game follows the end of MK9, it'll certainly be about the war against Shinnok which pretty much MK4, why wouldn't NRS put at least most of MK4 characters there? That'd be dumb. It's like expecting at least 95% of the characters from MK1-UMK3 not to be in MK9.

Well, remember, it's an alternate story, so they may just change everything altogether. We need some new blood, otherwise it's going to be a remake of the MK series, not a retelling.

So, "staff," my two subsequent posts? They were 'deleted?' Like, the one with the video which revealed who the next character was? You know, the WHOLE POINT OF THIS THREAD?.

Nice move. Just delete your guests' posts...

The WHOLE POINT OF THIS THREAD is actually to discuss which MK4 characters people would like to see as DLC. Your posts were deleted because they were off-topic and redundant. Freddy has been known about for several days now and multiple versions of the reveal trailer have already been posted in the official Freddy thread. Please pay attention next time.

I just read about all of these on the Mortal Kombat Wiki since I haven't played MK4, and of all the characters, I think Kai, Reiko, and Tanya have the most story potential. Jarek is the same thing as Kano I guess, and Shinnok and Fujin don't seem fair, seeing as they're gods. But I voted for Meat because he seems like 'the monster' and might look cool and gory redisigned for MK9. If I could take 4 of these choices to be made into DLC, I'd pick Kai, Reiko, Shinnok, and Meat, with Fujin maybe replacing Shinnok and Jarek maybe replacing Kai. But I don't want to see Tanya in MK9 at all. I'd seriously be upset if she got in but one of the others didn't.