Mortal Kombat 11 Story [Spoilers]

CuteBaraka

Lets discuss what may happen with the story in the next MK game. I think it will carry straight after MKX and will have elements from Deadly Alliance to Armageddon. I think with Shang Tsung and Quan Chi dead there is no Deadly Alliance part for them, i think the first part of the story will show the corruption of Raiden and several plot-holes explained from MKX. I think that 3 characters will get killed off in the first 20 min of story, D'vorrah will probably get killed by Onaga in the opening scene, Kano and Cassie. I also think the next MK11 will use Unreal Engine 4 for cinematic and graphics too (with MKX using Unreal Engine 3) so graphics will be a huge difference and cinematic will be a lot better than in MKX.

Whats your thoughts on story in next MK11?

I have a feeling that it'll be an Edenian Plot.
I can see something involving Kitana and Sindel, now hellbound, wanting to merge a newly freed Edenia to the Netherrealm.
Similiar to what [MENTION=18661]p.W[/MENTION] mentioned, I can see it happening.
Hopefully we don't have yet another 'Pls guys we must save Earthrealm from every single thing' story again.

An all-out edenian plot is what we haven't had yet, and we need one.
I'm sure next game we'll just have another 'grr outworld is mine and earthrealm will be destroyed' story again.
One can only dream of Edenia.

There's been absolutely no focus on Edenia in this timeline, and it saddens me. Hopefully there will be something with Kitana, Sindel, Tanya and Rain and their involvement with freeing Edenia in the next part of the story.

There's been absolutely no focus on Edenia in this timeline, and it saddens me. Hopefully there will be something with Kitana, Sindel, Tanya and Rain and their involvement with freeing Edenia in the next part of the story.

I like how Tanya is actually on Edenia's side in this Timeline, it gives you a better view of her.
She's still an ambassador and still fights for her freedom.
I think she's surefire to be on the roster along with rain and other edenians (along with a handful of new characters) if we're to have an Edenian plot.

Hmm, is that fair? So far this timeline has covered MK1-4, and three characters (Tanya, Rain, Mileena) have been confirmed in-story to be interested in a free Edenia, while Kotal Kahn is confirmed to be fighting against it on the grounds that it will make Outworld vulnerable.

Is that really less focus than Edenia got in the original MK1-4?

Hmm, is that fair? So far this timeline has covered MK1-4, and three characters (Tanya, Rain, Mileena) have been confirmed in-story to be interested in a free Edenia, while Kotal Kahn is confirmed to be fighting against it on the grounds that it will make Outworld vulnerable.

Is that really less focus than Edenia got in the original MK1-4?

It's been mentioned, but the freedom of Edenia isn't a focal point in the story, it's not of importance.

And yes, it is ALOT less focus than in the original timeline. Kitana's main driving point since MK2 is to free Edenia from Shao Kahn's clutches, and Sindel's resurrection in MK3 was a key element to freeing Edenia from Outworld. And in MK4, Shinnok and his followers invaded Edenia with the help of Tanya.

I don't see Edenia being the center of the MK11 story, guys. Maybe as a strong side-story, but somehow or the other, I see Earthrealm getting involved - perhaps more in line with Raiden's offensive strategy than anything.

I don't see Edenia being the center of the MK11 story, guys. Maybe as a strong side-story, but somehow or the other, I see Earthrealm getting involved - perhaps more in line with Raiden's offensive strategy than anything.

The two main realms will always be Earthrealm and Outworld. However, Edenia and Netherrealm are also important realms. The freedom of Edenia might not be the main plot, but it could still be a big part of it.

It's been mentioned, but the freedom of Edenia isn't a focal point in the story, it's not of importance.

And yes, it is ALOT less focus than in the original timeline. Kitana's main driving point since MK2 is to free Edenia from Shao Kahn's clutches, and Sindel's resurrection in MK3 was a key element to freeing Edenia from Outworld. And in MK4, Shinnok and his followers invaded Edenia with the help of Tanya.

Cool, thanks for the refresher. I never paid any attention to the bios/ladder endings of the early MK games, so I missed some of this stuff.

I'd love to see some Edenia in MK11. It would shift focus to some interesting characters (Kitana, Kotal Kahn, Ermac for starters) and as Tanyas Husband points out, it would shift focus away from bad guys trying to conquer Earthrealm.

In fact, this has the makings of the most nuanced MK plot in ages, since Kotal Kahn is actually more sympathetic than Kitana right now, and yet he would be the one fighting against the liberation of Edenia.

I think MKX opened the chance of exploring other realms.

Well, though MKX was mostly on Earthrrealm, at the least was mostly in China :laugh:, more than late to realize the world beyond US.

Raiden said, while warning the new emperors of NR, he will crush everybody who threatens Earthrrealm, now, imagine what he will consider "threat".

That makes an opportunity for us to start going to other places.

Also, the new heroes may have new missions to do, and Kitana has some inner desire of Edenia inside of her (check her ending), so I wouldn't be surprised if the Netherrealm now looks into Outworld.

I got the feeling Outworld is screwed anyway, because Raiden will probably consider them a threat, Kitana may have some eyes there too, because of Edenia. That's enough trouble.

The two main realms will always be Earthrealm and Outworld. However, Edenia and Netherrealm are also important realms. The freedom of Edenia might not be the main plot, but it could still be a big part of it.

Of course, that's what I meant as well. Raiden could be laying siege to outworld on the basis of a preemptive attack, and Earthrealm could become involved in the budding netherrealm/edenian conflict as Kitana and Sindel fight to annex edenia to the netherrealm, as someone said above. Either of the dragon cults will be providing weapons for the hostilities and then we'll see SF fully involved trying to track them down and save the world in the process.

There :)

"She vowed to create a free Edenia, something you refused to do"
-Tanya

I see that quote meaning a lot more than we think.
Possibly the next games story can involve something along the lines of trying to free edenia from outworld, and when they do, Kitana and Sindel trying to invade it.
I'm reaching a bit but you guys get what I'm saying.

I'm 100% positive Raiden's going to be the main villain of the next one. He was set up just like Shinnok was at the end of MK9.

Also they've been wanting to tell this kind of story since, like, Deception.

How does this whole "free" Edenia thing work? It was merged with Outworld, right? So do they just want control over the Edenian lands or do they want to make it a separate realm again? Not quite sure how this works.

I don't think it's going to revolve around Edenia, if it will even be freed at all. I think MK11 will be more about Good Heroes gone bad- Raiden turning into a warmonger like Shao Kahn, Kitana and Liu Kang causing problems for Outworld etc. etc. ... In other words, it'll be just like Injustice.

I don't care nor want a story revolving around Edenia. Let it stay as it is and have the story focus somewhere else. Kitana's arcade ending seemed interesting in having her be pissed at Raiden for how she's stuck as a member in Hell. Have her and Liu do something where they're the threat. This makes a great way to have Fujin lead the Earthrealm warriors into battle.

That's all I got for now

I think Quan Chi will be resurrected. He looked to be casting a spell and died with a smile on his face in X. Dark Raiden will be going too far and maybe the good guys will join forces with Quan Chi to stop Raiden. They get Liu and Kitana back into the bargin and Quan Chi rids Raiden of his corruption.

I think Quan Chi would do this to get a powerful enemy out of the way. He's a schemer and this would work in his favour in the long run.