Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

I don't like the colors... Sub-Zero in Yellow and Purple? Scorpion in Green and Blue? Nope, just nope!

Yeah I definitely don't intend on using any of those at all.
Smoke fans might have too though..

The way I see things is that we did see different shades of colours for these characters in the past.
If two people picked the same character one would have to be a different shade e.g. Scorp did have orange in MK4
However with that being said it's one thing to use colours that haven't really been utilized but what they've done here.. as somebody who's been a fan of the series since the 90's and over half my life.. it's very off putting for me to say the least.
Can definitely see why some might feel it's spit in the face.
Sub zero in yellow and scorp in blue is nothing short of blasphemy.

Still holding out hope for my boy Reptile.

Geras to Sonya: He will kill Johnny, then Sonya said she doesn't care, Geras said she is a very bad liar. Does this mean Johnny is in or not...

Sub-Zero seems to be good-hearted to Scorpion, but Scorpion isn't so good on Sub-Zero.. AGAIN.

Also Baraka works with Kitana? Sonya seems to think that anyway.

I took that as more of a throwaway line, much like how sometimes if I faced a Leonardo opponent online in Injustice 2 and Leonardo would say "You shouldn't have messed with my brothers, now you answer to me."
That being said, the more that I see of Geras' gameplay, the more that I'm beginning to like his character and as a sub-boss.

Again, more throwaway lines, unless they somehow retconned Sub-Zero and Scorpion making peace in MKX, which I doubt.

Could be an old timeline / different timeline Baraka that worked with Kitana prior to Raiden speaking to Kitana about "finding out the truth" regarding who Mileena really was (Shang Tsung's creation).
There's time travel stuff going on, so there's any number of possibilities, even Kronika interfering with MKX events and perhaps overthrowing Kotal Kahn to put Baraka in charge of Outworld.

I also dislike having different colors in custom mode for ninjas. The color is their trademark. Should have gone with different shades or at least similar colors. Scorpion may be yellow, orange or something in between, different shades. Same for Sub-Zero - dark blue, royal, sky blue etc. I reckon silly colors won‘t be used very much though. As for the rest I kind of like the gear system. I‘ve never played Injustice 2. Are there gears you unlock by playing a certain character? For example a certain mask for Sub-Zero after winning enough fights or performing a certain amount of finishers?

I have to say at first I was a bit disappointed when I turned on the stream. I saw Skarlet vs Geras and thought they were showing Injustice 2. Then I‘ve watched everything and liked what I‘ve been seeing. BUT... it really does look too much like I2.

As for the rest I kind of like the gear system. I‘ve never played Injustice 2. Are there gears you unlock by playing a certain character? For example a certain mask for Sub-Zero after winning enough fights or performing a certain amount of finishers?

Yeah, and many times you wouldn't ever get the gear / ability unlocked that you wanted in Injustice 2, so that's another thing that really bugged me about that system in Injustice 2.
I STILL have incomplete gear sets for 2 out of the 3 characters that I mained in Injustice 2, despite having played the game since day 1. -___-

I really hope that they at least gave us the option to sell unwanted / unused gear this time for the gear that we do want.

According to Mustard and Ketchup's exhibition matches, Brutalities are back... That´s nice imo. Hope to see new -ality in this installment.
BTW, they showed much more solid gameplay than our north american partners.

Ketchup and Mustard going into gameplay in the https://www.twitch.tv/wbgameslive link.

Yeah, I'm really hoping that that's the majority of the klassics that will be in MK11, but I'm not so optimistic.
I'd like to see Kotal, D'Vorah, Takeda and Jacqui in this game with these customization options.

I not convinced Takeda will be in it, watching the scorpion gameplay it seems like they integrated some of lash moves into scorpions move set.

So how does krushing blows work?

From my understanding, you have to meet certain requirements during the match. The common one that I heard of was Sub-Zero's ice slide. the third time it landed while ex it does a crushing blow.

Also the uppercut crushing blow happens when you are crouching during a high attack or throw and counter with an uppercut

I not convinced Takeda will be in it, watching the scorpion gameplay it seems like they integrated some of lash moves into scorpions move set.

I'm not very convinced that many of the MKX characters or even 3D characters are going to be in, given all of the Trilogy characters in so far and the Trilogy characters that are either likely or still to be revealed:

So far:

Scorpion
Sub-Zero
Raiden
Skarlet
Baraka
Sonya
Geras
Kabal (teased yesterday, will be revealed on the 30th)
Liu Kang (shown fighting against Raiden in a gameplay trailer)
Cassie (she has fight intros)
Shao Kahn

Still left / possible:

12. Kano (main menu leak)
13. Kung Lao (because of course)
14. Kitana (same as horseshit Kung Lao)
15. Reptile (hasn't missed a game in the new era)
16. Noob Saibot (highly requested for MKX)
17. Jax (hasn't missed a game since MK9)
18. Jade (highly requested, fans were pissed she wasn't in MKX)
19. Kronika??? (NRS hasn't stated whether or not she's a playable character or not like Shinnok in MKX)

Starting to find it off putting that every fatality ends in this paused state. Very injustice-y.

The game is amazing and if you watch Ketchup and Mustard you would think it is Mortal kombat not Injustice. Only thing i dislike is colors for the ninjas. They should not mess with yellow scorpion and blue sub zero

I don't think Jax will be in. Kano and Kung Lao should really not be in this game though... Same with Sonya and Johnny. Kung Lao could be only in the story mode though, not being able to play with or against him.

Maybe during that scene you see of him with old Liu Kang, you only play as Liu Kang? The Kung Lao fight is fought off screen and only shown in cutscenes (hopeful thoughts)

Don't care for Jax being in this game either, but I also thought he wasn't going to be in MKX and..........

At this point, I don't think they'll make a game without Kung Lao.
Even with him having little to nothing of importance in MKX's story, he was still put in because _________ Pro player used him a lot in MK9.

[MENTION=5028]Commander[/MENTION]

Kronika will definitely be playable.
Well, then, that makes it 19 characters that are likely to take up those spots.

Noob image in Towers of Time
jxha7f6xn4b21.png

... I'm not getting any vibes of characters being playable in the game just because they're in a picture on a menu.

That's just me though.

But I freaking love that Sub-Zero kept the beard. Yes. I cannot wait to see his customization stuff.

This game doesn't fail to deliver that feeling, it fails to deliver that feeling for you.

Think about it, you "fell for MK lore" and yet you dislike a roster that focuses on expanding existing lore instead of going in totally new directions? That's completely backwards. I think what you actually mean is that you fell for a very particular subset of MK lore, which this game might not be interested in exploring. Fair enough, and it sucks that you're disappointed, but there's a lot more to love in MK lore than whatever it is you're looking for and missing.

On my side, I'm in love with this game. Yesterday I saw Raiden in the Netherrealm amongst several oni and using the amulet while Kitana and Liu Kang watched. This is enough to konquer me. Oh, and that intro with Shinnok? I'm sold.

Things to point on the intros of this channel:

- Who is voicing Scorpion? It's not Kevin Conroy. David Lodge (Kabal) or Troy Baker?
- Scorpion and Sub-Zero are obviously still in peace, fortunately;
- Baraka seems to be working with Kitana;
- While Sonya stormed Netherrealm apparently with Raiden, she asks "who is going to protect Earthrealm from him?". Maybe they turn on each other, maybe just intro what if;
- Geras is working WITH Kronika, not as some leaks said;
- Geras does have something about dying and coming back stronger as MK official page said;
- Geras mentions Cassie defies destiny. If what Ed Boon said follow this line of thought, it really seems Kronika was very much betting on Armageddon timeline, so Cassie is "wrong" to exist. Or maybe she wasn't supposed to beat Shinnok. Or maybe something else;
- Cassie uses SF clothes and armor (no Cassie intros, but Sonya's soldiers do have the same outfit);
- Raiden has MKX/11(Dark), MK9/1 (with his original amulet) and another one that has a different amulet from both, kinda reminds MK9 style tho;
- Geras has...an infinity gauntlet? lol

Raiden definitely seems more like an anti hero rather than a villain

Very likely. He wants to do good, but this time it's "whatever it takes" and that's usually bad.

Kronika wants to reset the universe. Seems worse lol

Even with him having little to nothing of importance in MKX's story, he was still put in because _________ Pro player used him a lot in MK9.

Something absolutely awful. Nothing against Kung Lao, if he appears to be relevant this time, I'm ok with that, specially if his role is to Shaolin Monks style with Liu Kang and go after their future selves. But that's a shame, things like "Tyler likes Ermac", "Derek's favorite is Mileena", "SonicFox did a good job with Erron Black", etc., because while NRS never turns their back to the story and gameplay, it kinda forces some characters.

Back in the day they were less afraid of "this character will sit out this game and that's it", with the exception of the big three.

Noob image in Towers of Time
jxha7f6xn4b21.png

Not that it counts, since Sektor/Cyrax had bad quality renders in MK11 but Triborg was still there, Bo' Rai Cho the same, everybody in the beginning was like "Fujin won't be in MKX because of comic Armageddon attire" (he wasn't playable, but appeared), but he is in his MK9 attire. I cannot believe in the possibility of Noob Saibot sitting out this time, he's one of the few characters that actually respected this rule (as Jade did).

I'm not very convinced that many of the MKX characters or even 3D characters are going to be in, given all of the Trilogy characters in so far and the Trilogy characters that are either likely or still to be revealed:

So far:

Scorpion
Sub-Zero
Raiden
Skarlet
Baraka
Sonya
Geras
Kabal (teased yesterday, will be revealed on the 30th)
Liu Kang (shown fighting against Raiden in a gameplay trailer)
Cassie (she has fight intros)
Shao Kahn

Still left / possible:

12. Kano (main menu leak)
13. Kung Lao (because of course)
14. Kitana (same as horseshit Kung Lao)
15. Reptile (hasn't missed a game in the new era)
16. Noob Saibot (highly requested for MKX)
17. Jax (hasn't missed a game since MK9)
18. Jade (highly requested, fans were pissed she wasn't in MKX)
19. Kronika??? (NRS hasn't stated whether or not she's a playable character or not like Shinnok in MKX)

Kronika was confirmed like playable and I can think about
20. Mileena (Because of course)
21. Rain
22. Other new of X
23, 24 , 25 ???