Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

Well, I only have a Nintendo Switch, so I'm getting that version. With all the fighters announced coming to this system, I'll have to deal with the fact that the this genre is predominantly 2.5D, because if I don't, then I won't be involved with the genre much anymore. I wouldn't want that.

Last edited:
I want a new original villain and sub-villain for once. We haven't had a new one in forever.
But doesn't the flow of the current storyline point to either Raiden, Liu Kang and Kitana, or a combination of them being the main villain(s) of this game?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Isn't Ermac likely to be out if Shang Tsung and Shao Kahn are in? His ladder ending and also the Scorpion dialogue refer to that...

I also don't see more than 4 of the 8 characters that debuted in MKX to return...

We already had Goro's and Kintaro's...

Bring back a Centaur like Motaro. Now THAT would be badass. And none of that bipedal shit like in MK:A. Technology is so far ahead now that there is no more excuse from a technical side for them not to do this.

It'd be too much effort for the least memorable sub-boss from the arcade era. Throws wouldn't work on him, fatalities wouldn't work, x-rays wouldn't work. He'd have to have characters use universal finishers/supers on him.

Lord Boon posted this on Twitter

Du4n2nhUUAAOPh2.jpg

The fact that the sketch says "Victim" and not Raiden Makes this seem like it's one of Scorpion's official fatalities. Reminds me of the Fatality sketches you'd find in the PS2 game Krypts. Really wish they'd bring those back

Lord Boon posted this on Twitter

Du4n2nhUUAAOPh2.jpg

The fact that the sketch says "Victim" and not Raiden Makes this seem like it's one of Scorpion's official fatalities. Reminds me of the Fatality sketches you'd find in the PS2 game Krypts. Really wish they'd bring those back

Something I noticed... There's no blood coming out from Raiden's mouth when he gets spear'd.

It'd be too much effort for the least memorable sub-boss from the arcade era. Throws wouldn't work on him, fatalities wouldn't work, x-rays wouldn't work. He'd have to have characters use universal finishers/supers on him.

It really isn't "too much effort" anymore. And as for throws, anyone could throw Goro in MKX like a sack of shit so it's a moot point. Fatalities will work, just need different animation sets, just like Goro...Same for the rest.

Yup.
Just the same way that Scorpion's Fatality on Sub-Zero in the MKX trailer ended up being 1 of his MKX Fatalities.

Hopefully the screen will freeze after the spear goes through the severed head with announcer saying “Scorpion Wins. FATALITY!”

It really isn't "too much effort" anymore. And as for throws, anyone could throw Goro in MKX like a sack of shit so it's a moot point. Fatalities will work, just need different animation sets, just like Goro...Same for the rest.

I'm not talking about an overhead toss, I'm talking about the more intricate throws that involve legs, lying on the ground, knocking someone away. Motaro has 4 legs, having him get punched in the jaw and flipping away like a bipedal would look absolutely ridiculous.

But doesn't the flow of the current storyline point to either Raiden, Liu Kang and Kitana, or a combination of them being the main villain(s) of this game?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I imagine that Liu Kang and Kitana could be the new Noob-Smoke if tag mode is back. Would be an interesting third boss, if Raiden is indeed sub. Liu Kang is always annoying to fight against.

I'm not talking about an overhead toss, I'm talking about the more intricate throws that involve legs, lying on the ground, knocking someone away. Motaro has 4 legs, having him get punched in the jaw and flipping away like a bipedal would look absolutely ridiculous.

Mileena could throw Goro using her legs in MKX, doing the classic roll throw. Goro was around 10 times her size, and yet it somehow worked. Once again, everyone could throw Goro or Torr, even as ridiculous as it looked. Moot point.

We're also talking about sub-bosses here. Sub-bosses are not supposed to be playable due to how ridiculous they are. If your biggest concern are the throws then those can be disabled like in previous games. The rest just needs different animation sets. They already have this system in place.

Last edited:
Makes no difference. It will look stupid but this is Mortal Kombat. Nothing makes sense. Or just disable throws like I explained.

I also don't see more than 4 of the 8 characters that debuted in MKX to return...

I hope that's not the case.
People love to hate on Ferra / Torr, but Takeda, Jacqui, Kung Jin, Cassie, Erron Black, D'vorah and Kotal Kahn where usually in the top 20 characters that people [referred to play as, at least on PS4.
The supposed "leak" doesn't mention Ferra / Torr being playable, but I hope that the other 7 would return.

Personally I hope most of the newcomers from X make a comeback (Kombat Kids, most of the Outworld crew), I enjoyed a good chunk of them and I feel like they proved themselves enough to become series regulars (totally not saying this cuz Kung Jin was my main).