MK is dead except...

xFrosty

So... I kinda got back into playing MK only to realize its pretty much dead now... yeah. So if anyone still plays send me a message at o Frozen x. Im not to good anymore, but I guess I can put up a decent game with Kabal, Sub, and Cyrax. But anyways hit me up on Live and we can get in some matches of anyones interested.

Is MK9 that dead atm? Im in the EU, havent gone in the chat rooms in nearly a month. Got schooled the other night by Kzaoo thats it.

PS3 has plenty of people still playing so I dont understand why 360 wouldn't ( when gamespy not showing its ass ) its sad to see people that voiced this game so loudly pronounce it dead . There's so much life left to this game and new tech is discovered all the time.

Is MK9 that dead atm? Im in the EU, havent gone in the chat rooms in nearly a month. Got schooled the other night by Kzaoo thats it.

No theres usually about 150-200 people in chat rooms (combined obviously) when i'm on but it was dead earlier but that was probably down to the servers being in a bit of a kerfuffle the past few days.

It's not dead, it's just mostly ridden of the casual noobs. There are a lot of people who play that actually try to get good or are good. But there will always be the Kung Lao derps. Speaking of which, this guy just picked him, of course....

I personally think only 200 people in a chat room is dead for a game that had THOUSANDS of people in chat rooms alone. I try and go into player maatch and after I beat a guy a few times and they decline I search for another one and I get the same dude. Just my opinion on the game now, so sad for only a little over a year later for a game to lose such great players, atleast online.

a game isnt dead just because you want to say it is. its all what you put into it. there are alot of great hardcore fans that still play this game, and finding a match is never an issue. at least on ps3. mk will never die. its mk

It should be more populated, most folk would rather play first person shooters or FIFA. For a fighter, more than a year after release, the amount of people still playing is pretty damn good if you ask me

The Netcode is ****ing awful now so that's why I don't play anymore.

I only suffer through laggy private matches with friends that disconnect mid game.

MK9 is a great fighting game but seriously, **** the online

tumblr_m7dio8dVe91r1zs3i.gif

The Netcode is ****ing awful now so that's why I don't play anymore.

I only suffer through laggy private matches with friends that disconnect mid game.

MK9 is a great fighting game but seriously, **** the online

Could not agree more. I'm a few notches above "noob" status, but far from pro, but it seems that if in the rare event I can get a ranked or player match to connect without it being worse than a 33.6K dialup connection, I enjoy online play; especially if I can use DLC. I have even hard-wired my XB and still get crappy connections.

I generally play around in the lab (practice mode) mostly now or the arcade ladder on expert trying new characters. Online is either too laggy or I have to deal with Scorpion noobs who only know 1,1,1 combo or the typical Kung Lao and Smoke dolts in combination with the lag...and that's if I can get a match to connect. Most often I get "Unavailable", "Game has desynced", or whatever other message it throw at me on XBL.

Take heart though! NRS has said they took lessons from MK9 (which at one point they wanted to be the alleged gold standard of online play) and have been working on the netcode for "Injustice" since Injustice's inception! :roll:

I can't seem to find games on EU ps3 I literary waited for 10 mins for a ranked match, then finaly a match only to have it dc ......

The lag always get's me far too frustrated... I lose matches pretty much all the time due to the slow input, yet when I play 1v1 with my friends I don't have any issues. Damn lag :(

Excuses, excuses... lol

So... I kinda got back into playing MK only to realize its pretty much dead now... yeah. So if anyone still plays send me a message at o Frozen x. Im not to good anymore, but I guess I can put up a decent game with Kabal, Sub, and Cyrax. But anyways hit me up on Live and we can get in some matches of anyones interested.

Added, dont beat me up too bad :???: