Kung Lao Revealed!

I hope he at the least have a good gameplay. I never thought I would see him this old. Lot of experience, and for a White Lotus' member this means...badass. I hope.

The story is what makes MK different from any other fighting game series, other popular fighting games never focus on their storylines, or their stories are very very simple and minimal.
The "deep" story is one of MKs trademarks, similar to uppercuts, blood and gore, that's why fans gets upset over things like KL reveal.

MK felt like watching a kung fu flick, there are entertaining moments, but there are not any themes presented in a particular emotive or enlightening manner. Also, MK has been full of retcons for some time, it's not the first time a random character was brought back to life.

The spamming is strong in this one :laugh:
I'm glad that my brother will be playing as Raiden and Scorpion first, because if he chose Kung Lao for the first match, I'd have to wait for a good 2 hours before I can play the story mode.

MK felt like watching a kung fu flick, there are entertaining moments, but there are not any themes presented in a particular emotive or enlightening manner. Also, MK has been full of retcons for some time, it's not the first time a random character was brought back to life.

Kung Fu movie it is, it should be, maybe something more like Big Trouble in Little China should fit better, still alot better than Tekken or Soul Calibur or Street Fighter.

I remember the retcons and total randomness, i had a hope Vogel will be smart enough to avoid it this time, looks like i did hope for nothing...i was like 90% sure after massive amount of deaths in MK9, some of them will come back in MKX and screw the plot, but 1) i still had a hope, NRS actually have balls to not to do this 2) if someone deserved to be resurrected it was Kitana and turning to the dark side Liu Kang and, Kung Lao never was something i saw as the guy who had enough reasons to come back and deserved to screw the plot just for him.

I think they're releasing returning characters to get us hyped up for it. I know I want to see newer characters but I'm just wondering if they want to keep a lot of them a surprise so that when we get the game we won't be expecting any of it. Or they might wait for the comic to show off some new people and when everyone starts asking questions just drop a trailer.

I guess the new live stream will show off Kung Lao in action. I can't wait to see some gameplay footage of him soon.

However, I am doubting about Fujin and Reiko.

Doubting about Reiko? Why? He was a cameo in MK9 so I think he has a chance in MKX. But also Shao Kahn is dead so he can't be a general of his army which makes him useless, so I think he has 50% chance of being in it.

Sent from my S3PRO using Tapatalk

Doubting about Reiko? Why? He was a cameo in MK9 so I think he has a chance in MKX. But also Shao Kahn is dead so he can't be a general of his army which makes him useless, so I think he has 50% chance of being in it.

But Reiko was also general of Shinnok's army, even before being Shao Kahn's. He was a member of the Brotherhood of Shadows, I do think Reiko's chances are good.

I am just happy a character was revealed. I am so pumped and hyped for MKX!!! Kung Lao looks and sounds awesome, his "Tempest" variation sounds absolutely awesome, using his hat as a shield and being able to spin around the arena, I think that will be my favorite one :D. Honestly, even if the game was to have some new characters, Shinnok, and than just returning characters from MK9, I would be extremely happy. I am just so happy that another MK game is in production, I had never been more hyped for a game than MK9, and I am beginning to have that hype(maybe even more so) for MKX and now things are really going to get awesome since the game release is only 3 months and 12 days away. That will be hear before you know it... :) :) :) :)

Can I just say that Kung Lao's new ability to use the hat as a boomerang sounds like it is going to be a hassle, along with the fact that he can control the spin in Tempest. Sounds like plenty more ass whoopings online are in my future.

Kung Fu movie it is, it should be, maybe something more like Big Trouble in Little China should fit better, still alot better than Tekken or Soul Calibur or Street Fighter.

I remember the retcons and total randomness, i had a hope Vogel will be smart enough to avoid it this time, looks like i did hope for nothing...i was like 90% sure after massive amount of deaths in MK9, some of them will come back in MKX and screw the plot, but 1) i still had a hope, NRS actually have balls to not to do this 2) if someone deserved to be resurrected it was Kitana and turning to the dark side Liu Kang and, Kung Lao never was something i saw as the guy who had enough reasons to come back and deserved to screw the plot just for him.

I'm not impressed by other fighting games in the story department. Still if you have to compare to it other fighting games, that's setting the standard really low as it is.

But Reiko was also general of Shinnok's army, even before being Shao Kahn's. He was a member of the Brotherhood of Shadows, I do think Reiko's chances are good.

Yes. You are right here. And also I think it will be cool to see him with a newer outfit and in a newer game - MKX.

I'm not impressed by other fighting games in the story department. Still if you have to compare to it other fighting games, that's setting the standard really low as it is.
Story is supposed to take a back seat in the fighting genre to begin with, because fighting games are supposed to be gameplay driven and not story driven.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
[MENTION=8252]Critical-Limit[/MENTION] and then they give the cryomancer a hammer drop

my view on this game tournament wise is from a perplexed stand point the variations obviously gives this game potential for a even longer tournament life but at the same time i worry over the possibilty of that one "variation" that eclipses the other two I have faith in NRS pulling of a good competitive game, it's just that this really is a hell of a daunting leap from MK9's gameplay.

OH trust me, It won't be perfectly balanced and there will DEFINITELY be some characters that have variations that are better enough than the other 2 that they will be used MUCH more often.

At some point in time, people need to stop hoping for the perfect balanced Fighter. It's not going to happen when you have more than 8 characters.

Story is supposed to take a back seat in the fighting genre to begin with, because fighting games are supposed to be gameplay driven and not story driven.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Well I'm glad NRS is thinking outside the box..because I absolutely love the story.

"I AM the flashing lights and special effects."

G_Mmage4.jpg

pKL_48891.jpg

G_image2.jpg