Kombat Pack 2 Gameplay Trailer

whoever said it on here but i heard someone come up with the fan name Hydra that would've worked

cerberus would be better as well

My only one complaint about the pack is that I wish they would have given Triborg a different name. Such a lame ass name. Like I really want to know who the heck sat there, thought of the name "Triborg" and said it to the rest of the team that made them go, "That's the name."

I can even hear the announcer calling it Triborg in my head and I giggle every time.

Just, who the hell thought it was a kick ass name to use? I would have been comfortable if they would have just named it Cyborg. That's it. Sure there's probably some reason they can't, but I would be just fine with that than Triborg.

Yeuck.

Lol... i just said it in my head... like the announcer... sounds so lame.

Triborg wins... oh god...

Hey i wonder if the alien indeed does have acid blood, will it hurt the fighter... and if it does hurt you... then a few fatalities will have to be modified to work with the acid blood... like Cassie Cages bubblegum fatality....

Tag team would be so broken in this game.

Grandmaster Sub-Zero and Sorcerer Quan Chi corner trap armor and a clone.
DF/FF Liu Kang and Kobu Jutsu Tanya's chip damage.
HQT Predator and Summoner Quan Chi's zoning, damage and 50/50s.
I'd only play Tag team alone.

Yea... i think it would be fun though for playing with friends at your house... like MK9 was so fun... becuz of tag team... even tekken tag 2 was awesome for its tag... lol...

It would be good if, uniquely for Triborg, each of his variations is considered a separate character in-game, and so they have unique dialogue and screen names. For stats purposes, bio and ending he would just be classed as Triborg.

I know it's more work and money to spend on voice artists, etc., but it would have been really cool. I would definitely prefer to play as Smoke and not some made-up convenience thing.

Hey i wonder if the alien indeed does have acid blood, will it hurt the fighter... and if it does hurt you... then a few fatalities will have to be modified to work with the acid blood... like Cassie Cages bubblegum fatality....

Not likely for Fatalities.
As a special move or variation where the blood hurts the opponent, like Reptile's Noxious variation, yes.
Altering some of the Fatalitites on Alien just for the blood, no.
If none of the Fatalities were altered for Reptile's stomach acid, they won't they be altered for Alien's blood.

Anyways, this conversation was already had in another thread.

My only one complaint about the pack is that I wish they would have given Triborg a different name. Such a lame ass name. Like I really want to know who the heck sat there, thought of the name "Triborg" and said it to the rest of the team that made them go, "That's the name."

I can even hear the announcer calling it Triborg in my head and I giggle every time.

Just, who the hell thought it was a kick ass name to use? I would have been comfortable if they would have just named it Cyborg. That's it. Sure there's probably some reason they can't, but I would be just fine with that than Triborg.

Yeuck.

It'll grow on you.

You could say the same thing about half of the original cast.

Reptile? really????

Just because she's female and has multiple arms. SHIVA?

This guy's power... is Smoke... We'll call him... Smoke.

Mmmm, no, because those examples you gave, I don't have a problem with their names. Triborg is literally the only character I cannot get over the dumb name. I don't think it will over time. It has not stopped making me giggle every time I hear it.

It is a very, very dumb-dumb name. "Condiments" would have been better than Triborg.

Everyone looks pretty cool except Alien. Alien looks like he'll be an easy kombo spam-master D'vorah character. Not looking forward to him.
Bo Rai Cho is still gross, and that makes me incredibly happy that they didn't sell-out completely and make him serious.
Tri-Borg. Only interested for Cyrax. I can already see the smoke spammers now.
Leatherface looks like he'll play almost just like Jason.
I`ll buy them all because I don`t like constant "press x to buy" advertisement in my face all the time.

I fell so low.

That's the exact reason I bought Predator at all. I hate the idea of guest characters but I start to twitch if I can't select one, or if one is 'blacked out'
Which is the same reason I'll be getting KP2.

Not likely for Fatalities.
As a special move or variation where the blood hurts the opponent, like Reptile's Noxious variation, yes.
Altering some of the Fatalitites on Alien just for the blood, no.
If none of the Fatalities were altered for Reptile's stomach acid, they won't they be altered for Alien's blood.

Anyways, this conversation was already had in another thread.

Yes, yes I know i have brought this up before.. but that was before Alien was confirmed... now that he is... im curious. I guess we wont know until Alien in released... but still... okay i can see that maybe Tanyas Fatality wont be altered... but Cassies must be... the blood sprays on her face.. lol... maybe it will be altered to just her shooting both knees and then the head shot and thats it (no bubble gum)... i mean they altered so many fatalities done on Kratos in MK9... So maybe there is still hope :)

Yes, yes I know i have brought this up before.. but that was before Alien was confirmed... now that he is... im curious. I guess we wont know until Alien in released... but still... okay i can see that maybe Tanyas Fatality wont be altered... but Cassies must be... the blood sprays on her face.. lol... maybe it will be altered to just her shooting both knees and then the head shot and thats it (no bubble gum)... i mean they altered so many fatalities done on Kratos in MK9... So maybe there is still hope :)

MK9 was a different story.
You had 32 characters in MK9 vs 33 characters multiplied by 3 variations each, in MKX.
I don't think that they are going to go through all of the Fatalities, for each of the possible character variations, and decide which ones they are going to alter and not alter, just for 1 character.
It seems to be a lot more work that's not worth the hassle for such a small detail.
I'm extremely doubtful that they'll do that.

MK9 was a different story.
You had 32 characters in MK9 vs 33 characters multiplied by 3 variations each, in MKX.
I don't think that they are going to go through all of the Fatalities, for each of the possible character variations, and decide which ones they are going to alter and not alter, just for 1 character.
It seems to be a lot more work that's not worth the hassle for such a small detail.
I'm extremely doubtful that they'll do that.

Well i still hope they do. Lol :) And what do variations have to do with anything? All variations share the SAME fatality?...I think you are referring to the Brutalities... i know they wont go that far because Brutalities arent as MAIN stream as Fatalities are... although i do pull off more brutalities then i have Fatalities when i play..i think Bruts are far better then Fats. Lol

Last edited:
And what do variations have to do with anything? All variations share the SAME fatality?...

Sure, but if you're asking for Cassie's "Bubble Gum" Fatality to be altered for Alien, for example, then the animation will have to be altered for each variation.
They'd have to alter the "Bubble Gum" Fatality 3 times.

Sure, but if you're asking for Cassie's "Bubble Gum" Fatality to be altered for Alien, for example, then the animation will have to be altered for each variation.
They'd have to alter the "Bubble Gum" Fatality 3 times.

Lol. Not really because the character animation of the fatality is the same for each variation. Sure the "costumes" are different. But they can take any characters model and make them do anyones fatality animation with a bit of coding...

It would be good if, uniquely for Triborg, each of his variations is considered a separate character in-game, and so they have unique dialogue and screen names. For stats purposes, bio and ending he would just be classed as Triborg.

I know it's more work and money to spend on voice artists, etc., but it would have been really cool. I would definitely prefer to play as Smoke and not some made-up convenience thing.

I agree! They could do it like this. When you initialy select TriBorg, it wont say "Triborg" but when you select the variation then the announcer would say "Cyrax" or "Smoke" or "Sextoy"

EDIT... "Sektor"... wtf? Lol