Kitana Thread - "You'll Learn Respect!"

I got a midscreen and a corner combo that reaches about 45-50%

Midscreen; 2, 1, EX Fan Cancel, JiP, F+2, 1, NJP, Dash, 4, Fan, Dash, 4, Fan Lift, Dash, B+2, Air Fan, Dash, Fan, Dash, 4, Cutting Fan

Yeah, I can't do this unless I see a video :p its so frustrating that we never see each other online :\

Yeah, I can't do this unless I see a video :p its so frustrating that we never see each other online :\

Haha, this is true. I never get the chance to play any Kitana mains, it's always fan spammers and their easy as pie. If I catch you online though I'll teach you the combo. Did you manage to do the corner one?

I mastered Kitana yesterday!! :D

That is all.

Lol , someone's taken their time! :p Kitana is the one and only fighter I've mastered, I spent so much time in training that I got it just before Kenshi was released :D

Haha, this is true. I never get the chance to play any Kitana mains, it's always fan spammers and their easy as pie. If I catch you online though I'll teach you the combo. Did you manage to do the corner one?

Gonna try it soon, I just need to copy the moves onto another sticky note since the last one took the entire page XD

Can someone give me better advice to handle relentless rushdown?

kitana has the tools to get around rushdown characters. she's a rushdown character herself to that one thing you can do. mastery of the instant air fan is a must. if done right, the opponent must either duck it or block. it cannot be jumped over. mix this in with ground fans and ex ground/air fans and that shud keep the opponent at bay. if they opponent does manage to get in, d+1 is ur best friend. its almost as annoying as mileenas d+4. plus d+1 links into cutting fan(it won't combo but most ppl fall for it. if they block it, your at a frame advantage). if they opponent likes to jump in a lot, fan lift them, more specifically uprise them. uprise is one of the best anti airs in the game because of the invinciblity and the instant startup. uprise will catch any type of air opponent(descending, ascending, or at the apex of their jump). it even catches dive kicks. if they opponent scored a knockdown and keeps pressure on, wake up with cutting fan or uprise. they both have invincibility on wake up and will stop rushers. these tactics work 95% of the time with me. and when it comes to reptiles dash, its punishable. I don't play offline a lot so idk how punishable it is then, but online I can punish it with uprise or a throw, even during lag. hope this helps bro

I've been practicing the iAF for weeks and I pretty much got it down. I can even catch my opponent with from the F+4,1 combo string.

Let me be more specific

Reptile's dash =.='

Like Exemery said, (D+1) is your best option (online anyways). The recovery is so quick that if they throw out another elbow dash it will beat most, if not all, of Kitana's attacks. Her fastest attack is (D+1) which is why it's so good at stopping rush down, If you hit them 3 times it will push your opponent far enough back for a jump in. If your talking offline then you maybe able to find a better way to punish it but I've never played a spamming reptile offline so I've never had to think about it..