Kenshi Thread - "Seeing Without Sight"

Forward+2 2 Back+1, 1, Rising karma, 3, Tele-Furry-9 hits, 30%

Forward+2 2 Back+1, Forward+2 2 Back+1, Spirit Charge- 7 hits, 30%

short. simple. decent damage.

Last edited:
The only combo ive found is a corner combo: 7 hits 26%-F+2,2,B+1, 1,1,1 Spirit Charge
Another one: 8 hits 24%- F+2,2,EXrising karma, 1,1,1 rising karma
And anotherXD: 10 hits 23%: EXrising karma, 1,1,1 rising karma 1,1,1 rising karma

seems like the more hits i do the less effective my combos become lol(for the record the 10 hit one is easiest to pull off)

You also have a lot of option after the first 2 hits of the F+2,2,B+1 combo: it can be F+2,2,Rising Karma or F+2,2,Spirit charge, the rising karma one still makes it a combo starter, the spirit charge makes it a combo finisher(this only works when you have them cornered)

Ill post more if I find any

Last edited:
Hey guys, first off everything here is super helpful. I was wondering though does anyone have trouble when transitioning from the F+2,2,B+1 into the 2,1, rising karma? Every time I dash forwards (or attempt to dash forwards) it seems to predict that I want to do the F+2 again rather than the 2,1 combo thing.

I can't seem to get this type of combo down it seems the opponent drops really fast after knocking him up so i have no time to dash then preform a combo? any tips to help this work?

Hey guys, first off everything here is super helpful. I was wondering though does anyone have trouble when transitioning from the F+2,2,B+1 into the 2,1, rising karma? Every time I dash forwards (or attempt to dash forwards) it seems to predict that I want to do the F+2 again rather than the 2,1 combo thing.

I can't seem to get this type of combo down it seems the opponent drops really fast after knocking him up so i have no time to dash then preform a combo? any tips to help this work?
You're probably not letting go of forward fast enough. Frankly, I have not a single problem with that combo... (but frankly, I don't use it that much lmao, I usually just follow a F+2,2,B+1 with a F+2,2 xx R.Karma. It is much easier on me fingers. And besides, I usually don't use the 2,1,B+2 combo unless I am in a corner. I use occasionally when they duck, but usually I use a telekinetic slash

sorry for the dumb question, but what does xx in this mean?

7 Hits 31%: 2,1,B2 xx Rising Karma, Dash, F3,2 xx Spirit Charge

You're probably not letting go of forward fast enough. Frankly, I have not a single problem with that combo... (but frankly, I don't use it that much lmao, I usually just follow a F+2,2,B+1 with a F+2,2 xx R.Karma. It is much easier on me fingers. And besides, I usually don't use the 2,1,B+2 combo unless I am in a corner. I use occasionally when they duck, but usually I use a telekinetic slash

thanks a ton.

yeah after i posted here I saw the video of his combos and messed around a bit in training and found there are much better combos to do that are actually easier.

I have to say I really love this dude he is pretty bad ass.

on a side note where is everyone getting these "team kenshi" team smoke stuff?

So what would u guys say kenshis playstyle is like? I still have yet to give him a go but I should be able to this weekend.

So what would u guys say kenshis playstyle is like? I still have yet to give him a go but I should be able to this weekend.

I would say Kenshi's playstyle revolves around Zoning, but also adding in a mix of rushdown with some of his awesome combos. Zone, and then wait for the right time to rush in and throw in a combo. Not to mention most of his combo enders push the opponent away from you ;o

thanks...but sounds complicated...I can barely do one move after the next, let alone cancel something and do something else entirely!!

it sounds complicated, but it is really just fancy speak for when, in the middle of a 1,1,1 combo you use 1,1, then a special attack
[for example]

Last edited:

Just enter the special move as if its a natural part of that combo i.e.-no breaks or pauses
I never liked the word cancel as it seems more complicated that it acually is.

@BrokenJanders to you I say:
do_a_barrel_roll_RE_Some_sharenator_OC_original_content-s450x599-141189.jpg

sorry for being off topic...please dont ban me...

He is one of the characters that does a low, high, into special launcher character.
Annoying zoner. Tele-fury hits you anywheres, and if you jump into him and he's quick enough (without a teleporter), he can use the tele tackle pushing you back again. I don't even try using non teleporters against him.

OK thanks for clearing that up. In a combo like this:

I can never seem to do the Dash and into the 2nd part of the combo. Can do both parts, but no matter how fast I dash he is already on the floor??

OK thanks for clearing that up. In a combo like this:

I can never seem to do the Dash and into the 2nd part of the combo. Can do both parts, but no matter how fast I dash he is already on the floor??

You can do it...I tested this today :)
Keep trying!

He is one of the characters that does a low, high, into special launcher character.
Annoying zoner. Tele-fury hits you anywheres, and if you jump into him and he's quick enough (without a teleporter), he can use the tele tackle pushing you back again. I don't even try using non teleporters against him.

bolded the area where my question belongs to. so i take it you mean he has a low hitting launcher string? sorry i just never heard it worded that way as in "the type of char". tho it definitly helps him in the rushdown department.

his telefury does indeed seem like a great way to "check" someone, tho the fact that it doesnt combo into anything i think keeps it from being broken, if it worked like ermacs push/lift it would be downright stupid. tho when they do another balance pass i wouldnt be surprised to see a increased recovery on a blocked telefury either.

SgtCoolBeans said:

This is because of negative edge. You must press ff quickly, release it, then input 21.
You can input FF while kenshi animation is still ending, you dont need to wait for it to finish completely, and then input 21. That will probably help you. Also, the hitbox is big and you dont need to be extremely close to land pretty much anything, so you dont need to wait the dash to complete its full animation as well.

Something else you may use the negative edge to your advantage is for connecting F3,2 after pretty much any lancher. Since dash is already FF, instead of trying to input FF, F3 you may hold down FF and release it just when you hit 3. Its a lot easier once you get used to IMO.

BrokenJanders said:
13th, you should note that EX Tele-Flurry has armor. IT has saved me in quite a few nail-biters

On that note, EX Rising Karma and EX Spirit Charge also have armor. Not sure about Telekinetic Slash, but i thing so too.
This is specially important with EX Rising Karma, since although its range is amazing, that is also a problem because it will not work well as anti-air depending on the timing. However, when you use EX Rising, since you have armor, you will take the hit, but your opponent will as well, which wouldnt happen with regular rising karma, making the ex version a more reliable AA.

Not sure about this, but i think Rising Karma and Spirit Charge regular versions may also have armor on wakeup.

BrokenJanders said:
I would say Kenshi's playstyle revolves around Zoning, but also adding in a mix of rushdown with some of his awesome combos. Zone, and then wait for the right time to rush in and throw in a combo. Not to mention most of his combo enders push the opponent away from you ;o

I also feel the same so far.
By the way, he can lock someone in the corner pretty hard with rising karma, spirit charge and telekinetic slash.

silvercue said:

read in the beginning of my post i talk about how to get around that. i think it will help.

aedanwolfe said:
his telefury does indeed seem like a great way to "check" someone, tho the fact that it doesnt combo into anything i think keeps it from being broken, if it worked like ermacs push/lift it would be downright stupid. tho when they do another balance pass i wouldnt be surprised to see a increased recovery on a blocked telefury either.

not sure, the recovery is already pretty bad on whiff though. if your opponent jumps in you are vulnerable during full animation. its pretty much a full combo... kinda like scorpions spear.
Also... i know this move seems annoying at first glance but the animation will be interrupted by any projectile in the game, therefore kenshi will loose in a projectile trade 100% of the time, since the move only does 9% 3 hits. So lets say your opponent puts out a fireball and you throw telefury after it... his projectile will hit you while the spirit has only hit the opponent once or twice doing 4-5% while you are taking 9.

Last edited: