Goro unlockable or not?

goro15

Goro can be had now or later, both times as DLC, so does that finally deconfirm the option of unlocking him or not? I am still confused.

Well it's confirmed you can buy him later if you don't preorder, so I'm pretty sure that leaves him for purchase regardless.

If Goro is indeed unlockable, then he is more of a Micro Transaction than DLC. If he is unlockable, NRS will probably give us a really hard requirement to unlock him if we didn't pre-order. If you don't want to go through the trouble of doing that, then you could always pay for him.

In EA Sports UFC, I wanted to play as Bruce Lee, but I didn't want to go through the conditions to unlock him, and I didn't have an Xbox One when the game released, so I couldn't have him as a pre-order bonus. Therefore I just paid for him.

I wouldn't be mad if NRS did something similar to that with Goro.

He's DLC you can get free by pre-ordering, or pay for after the game is released (probably on launch day). There's no way he's going to be unlockable for free.

If anything we should ask NRS to make him a Microtransaction instead. That way, people who didn't pre-order and still want him for free can try their hand at unlocking him.

Alright so consensus is not unlockable correct? Wouldn't it make sense for him to get a DLC spot and not be on the main roster :)

I'm not sure. Maybe that's the spot for it to pull out a slide like MK9, or maybe they just wanted him on that spot. Not sure about that really.

Alright so consensus is not unlockable correct? Wouldn't it make sense for him to get a DLC spot and not be on the main roster :)
We don't know how DLC characters will appear yet, or where they go on the roster. Goro has been show on the roster on certain (but not all) streams, and obviously there's no room for four more DLC characters yet. On top of that, we have at least one (probably secret) unlockable character, who likely hasn't been announced yet.

Goro is already available on the XB1 (and PSN?) store, so he will probably be available to buy on the 14th, or at least not long after. Presumably be will be priced the same as future DLC characters.

I'd be surprised if MKX went down the microtransaction route, and had stuff which can either be purchased or unlocked.

Goro is already available on the XB1 (and PSN?) store, so he will probably be available to buy on the 14th, or at least not long after. Presumably be will be priced the same as future DLC characters.

I'd be surprised if MKX went down the microtransaction route, and had stuff which can either be purchased or unlocked.

Out of curiosity, how much does he cost?

I don't see the issue with microtransactions of that nature. IMO, it's a win-win.

Out of curiosity, how much does he cost?
I don't think he's priced yet, and neither is the (separate) Kombat Pack, but he's definitely up with his own DLC section; you have to download him separately after the game has pre-loaded. On XB1, he's about 9MB, whilst the game's about 34 GB (as we know, Goro is on-disc DLC, so the download is really just to activate him).

I imagine he'll be the same price as the others when sold separately... mind you, saying that, he doesn't come with any alt. costumes, so he could be cheaper. Maybe we'll get some compatibility pack skins? :)

So he's on disc, but only available through DLC, can somebody explain how that works? I'm not being sarcastic, truly trying to understand.

So he's on disc, but only available through DLC, can somebody explain how that works? I'm not being sarcastic, truly trying to understand.
He's in-game because he's been seen on the arcade/living towers, and he's probably in story mode as well. If you want to play as him, you have to pre-order or buy him separately like you would future DLC characters.

So technically, that doesn't mean Goro is apart of the main roster? I always thought that.
Yeah, because he is not available to everyone, but we don't know if he will actually be on the main roster in the launch version. We don't know where any DLC guys will go.