European TRMK room!

my mains are smoke,ermac and kabal. You can add these to the first post.

Asodimazze u can put quan chi also as my main there after cyrax ....tnx :)

Ok, I edited the first post :)

I'm going to study now, this evening I'll be online around 21.30 GMT time for some good games in the 00TRMK room!
I think that we should discuss about our game after the sessions, in order to improve it and become a better player.
I'm not a grand master, but in the next session I'll take notes about the games and write here some personal tips.

Ok, I edited the first post :)

I'm going to study now, this evening I'll be online around 21.30 GMT time for some good games in the 00TRMK room!
I think that we should discuss about our game after the sessions, in order to improve it and become a better player.
I'm not a grand master, but in the next session I'll take notes about the games and write here some personal tips.

thats good idea :) to discuss about our fights and mistakes.
hope to see you all today evening.

good game....most dominant was Asodimazze...but today was better for me then yesterday.... winning was not so far :)
need to go to sleep now..hopefuly tomorrow again.

I still have a lot of online training to do. It has been more than three weeks since my buddies came to have serious matches, I'm not used to play MK anymore..
Despite this, in one hour my game has improved a lot online so totally count me in for the next KOTH. :p..Should do more than just getting kicked by everyone, ahahah. Aso's Johnny is great, really good combo execution, I can't properly execute them even offline.. Gosh. :p

--

I usually play with Quan Chi/Kabal but I'm also a good Mileena user, I just don't use her online as lag really affects my combos with Mil..

I was in the room for a brief period but i couldn't join the KOTH session but I would like to play against some of you my mains are:sub-zero,sektor,smoke. and I play scorpion as well (but I don't main him)
Id:SSCREM
P.S: new to posting but a long time reader.

Last edited:
The more I play vs Aso's Cage, the more I see how much I need to learn how to wake up as Shang Tsung. Any tips? xD

So, like I said, I took a few notes about the matches with Sheik7 and EmperorDad.
Note that this are just my personal ideas, I would appreciate to read your messages about how to improve my game and what my flaws are.
Here we go:

- Sheik7 I think you're tactic approach against my Cage is perfect, for me is not easy to rush you and you know how to catch me with your net.
The main problem is that you don't do very damaging combos, but deal only about 20-25% damage after you catch me...Cyrax can do much more!
If you manage to master some really damaging combo, I'm sure you're game would improve a lot.
One last thing: try to not use teleport when I can punish it.

- EmperorDad, your Shang is cool and you played great games this evening, congratulations :).
You should try to end your combos using soul steal, I think that would be really useful.
Also, when you play against my JC, don't try to launch fireballs when I can use my exwakeup, because I will hit you 100%.

Emperordad

Re: European TRMK room!
The more I play vs Aso's Cage, the more I see how much I need to learn how to wake up as Shang Tsung. Any tips? xD

You should be able to use Ground Skull or EX Soul Steal as wake up attacks.
I'm by no means a shang tsung player, so I'll link you TYM Shang Tsung Guide, which is great and will probably help you a lot!

LunaticSoul

I still have a lot of online training to do. It has been more than three weeks since my buddies came to have serious matches, I'm not used to play MK anymore..
Despite this, in one hour my game has improved a lot online so totally count me in for the next KOTH. ..Should do more than just getting kicked by everyone, ahahah. Aso's Johnny is great, really good combo execution, I can't properly execute them even offline.. Gosh.

Thanks a lot for the nice words :)
I still remember how your Quan Chi kicked my ass some weeks ago, I'm sure you'll regain your true ability soon!

SSCREM

I was in the room for a brief period but i couldn't join the KOTH session but I would like to play against some of you my mains are:sub-zero,sektor,smoke. and I play scorpion as well (but I don't main him)
Id:SSCREM
P.S: new to posting but a long time reader.

I hope you'll be able to join our KOTH next time then :)
Welcome to TRMK!

Voncroy

I wish I could have played today, my Nightwolf needs to feed from blood of the fallen :p

ahahah...didn't he get enough blood yesterday? :p

See you next time for other great matches :)!

* I edited the first post with the informations you gave me about your mains...if you want me to modify it just write a post here and I'll do it ASAP.

Last edited:
- Sheik7 I think you're tactic approach against my Cage is perfect, for me is not easy to rush you and you know how to catch me with your net.
The main problem is that you don't do very damaging combos, but deal only about 20-25% damage after you catch me...Cyrax can do much more!
If you manage to master some really damaging combo, I'm sure you're game would improve a lot.
One last thing: try to not use teleport when I can punish it.

yes i know that i´m little bit lazy with those longer combos..... i make some longer ones soon.
and i realised yesterday that with you there is not mutch point to make teleport..... cause after that i get nice uppercut :D will see how it will go in future.... tnx for tips

yes i know that i´m little bit lazy with those longer combos..... i make some longer ones soon.
and i realised yesterday that with you there is not mutch point to make teleport..... cause after that i get nice uppercut :D will see how it will go in future.... tnx for tips

Hey Sheik7, I've been a bit busy and I see that Aso already gave you the most important tips I could give :). Your teleport should almost never be used because it's very easy to punish. Secondly, like aso mentioned, you should really practice the longer combo's. I know a pretty good Cyrax player, and when he catches me in his net, I know I am going to lose around 40% of my health. One of his combo's actually does 46% if I remember correctly. This will make a bit difference!

I also think that when we played, you were a bit predictable with your bombs and nets (and teleports). Usually you did the "far away bomb", "close bomb", "net", "teleport" sequence. I'm not 100% sure if this was the pattern but you have to be mindful of this. When your opponent sees patterns, it's really easy to react. With Kabal I was able to read your net for example, and my EX nomad dash goes right through that. Actually, using the net is dangerous enough against kabal because it's pretty slow and Cyrax recovers slowly as well.

I'm pretty sure most of these things will go away by itself because you are playing in the TRMK room ;). Don't underestimate ppl when you play. If ppl punish you twice for the same move, you should immediately recognize it and change up your strategy!

Finally, I'd like to say I love playing in the room. So much nicer than trying to fight ppl in the "public" rooms and getting hatemail or fighting ppl who instantly leave when they lose without even trying to perform better. I was going to PM you all this but perhaps this is useful for other ppl reading it. Keep it up!

ggs again, really nice games yesterday :)

about the wakeup options. I've played Shang a bit because he was fun to use in the ctower. So if I remember correct u r able to to wakeup with any Fireball motion.

that leaves u with:

mid Fireball
High FB
Low FB

on wakeup I'd suggest to go with High FB (if he jumps on to u it will hit him and if he doesn't jump and u guessed the right distance u will hit him and get a combo if near enough) and mid FB (good pushback) if u see ur enemie rushing towards u try a down close FB ..depending on the range of ur enemie ..

If u know ur opp is going for a throw, or further pressure try to jump back, low poke or if hes on proper distance away wakeup attack.

edit: forgot soulsteal - this is a really good wakeup move. Its Safe on block and if done in EX it absorbs 1 hit. But I think its not invincible on start up. Unfortunately the only move "invincible on wakeup" is Ground Skull ..and EXSoulsteal (its not inv. but naturally has armor so ..bla)

Don't eat me if I'm wrong on something, haven't played Shang since a Month at least :)

Last edited:
Well my problem is when being rushed down, and maybe I just suck at getting the ground close skull to come but I NEVER saw any invincibility on that. But thanks for the tips.

Zero Tolerance
360 GT: Jordiii x
Mains: Sub-Zero, Kung Lao, Ermac, Kitana
I'm a below average player so I'll definitely be the one getting my a** whipped every game!

Shang cannot wake up with ground skull. It doesn't have invincibility. If you wanna try it out go to practice mode and put the dummy to wakeup and keep doing B4.

That leaves Shang with only one wakeup option. EX soul steal.

hm ..according to the tym guide it should have invincibility ..patched?

u could ask silent1/Brady @the Questions thread about it.

edit: I guess the invinc. is just for a few start up frames. Like Subs Slide.

Last edited:
Just saw this thread and think it's brilliant idea for us EU players.
If I see this room on the 360 I will definitely join. I'm not a great player so it should be informative lol

I'm trying to learn Raiden and Liu Kang plus a few others i'm horrible with.

Hope to play with some of you guys soon.