Doom (game)

I cancelled my pre-order for the Doom Collectors edition from Amazon.com and purchased it for $190 from Amazon.ca instead

Its up there now. Go take a look. That way you wont have to wait 2 weeks to play it after its release date AND dont have to worry about it being damaged through shipping from so farrrrrrr away

would have been good to order there before. and it costs way more. like wtf!? its cheaper for me to order from USA than it is to order from Canada. I have plenty of games to play for 2 weeks. im just hoping it wont get damaged from shipping.

Last edited:
would have been good to order there before. and it costs way more. like wtf!? its cheaper for me to order from USA than it is to order from Canada. I h8have plenty of games to play for 2 weeks. im just hoping it wont get damaged from shipping.

Well even if it is damaged, the product is sold and shipped by Amazon so they will honor an exchange (only problem with that is that you would have to send it back out with game and statue and then wait for them to send you another one 3 weeks later) I know it ends up being like $40 more but the game will arrive within 2 days for me. Yay :)

I updated my shipping so I will get the game in just a few days and its still cheaper than ordering from amazon.ca

Last edited:
I updated my shipping so I will get the game in just a few days and its still cheaper than ordering from amazon.ca

What do you mean? Lol. It will still take 2 weeks for it to be delivered to you... i had my Canadian address already set with them but STILL they said 2 weeks delivery.... either way im just getting the regular edition....dont really care for the statue anymore :p

Last edited:
I had loads of fun during the last closed beta, even if I only managed to play it for two out of the four days (due to my hand surgery). Cannot wait for the open beta that's coming soon!

Honestly I got a bit disappointed with DOOM. Loadouts? What? What is this? Call of duty? Yeah I heard that not all modes will have that, but at least what I got to play was only matches with loadouts, and that got boring fast.
I am all for modern DOOM with new features, but we can think of something new, instead of using standard modern FPS elements.

Also expected more from double barreled shotgun. It barely delivers.

And the speed of gameplay. Tooooo sloooooow.

Also what is with that DLC?

•Three new maps
•One new weapon
•One new playable demon
•One new armour set
•One new piece of equipment
•New hack modules and taunts
•New customization colours and patterns

So 15 bucks for a new weapon... huh.

I don't understand, don't they get it? If you put DLC in a f%^king FPS, it will only divide player base. Didn't they see what happened with Battlefield? Original and non DLC maps were the most popular ones.

Sigh... this sucks big time.

Last edited:
youre just complaining about multiplayer stuff. to me multiplayer is an extra thing when I buy a game. I am about 90% buying Doom for the single player. ive seen the gameplay and I didn't think it looked too slow.

I am judging what we got. Not, what will come in the future. I cannot say anything about single player, as I haven't played it (and I never pass final judgement by watching videos).

The only thing I might be able to judge about single player, is speed. If movement speed will be the same in Single Player, then it will be too slow for me. Doesn't feel like you're rushing down demons. Feels too heavy.

Of course speed is subjective. For some it is ok, for some it is too fast, for some it is too slow (like me).

Also I am criticizing, as I am pointing out multiple negative things about the whole game, not just one element. If I were just talking shit about speed, THAT would be complaining.

youre just complaining about multiplayer stuff. to me multiplayer is an extra thing when I buy a game. I am about 90% buying Doom for the single player. ive seen the gameplay and I didn't think it looked too slow.

I agree broooooo! .

OMG one more month!!

I cancelled my online order and pre-ordered at EB games in town. now I can get it right on release day.

how am I slow? I have a job and stuff to do outside of gaming. downloading the beta doesn't pay the bills. I downloaded it when I had a chance to. plain and simple. now we both got it downloaded. and if you didn't really like it why did you download it?

Last edited:
Muther fvcker... I just got invited for Overwatch's beta test, and of course they're during Doom's open beta.

I guess I'll switch to Doom when my boyfriend gets home so he can use his PC (since Overwatch doesn't work with Macs).

Kitty_1205 won't be on til later if anyone is on PS4.

how am I slow? I have a job and stuff to do outside of gaming. downloading the beta doesn't pay the bills. I downloaded it when I had a chance to. plain and simple. now we both got it downloaded. and if you didn't really like it why did you download it?

Didn't know that clicking download button took so much time. :D Also don't take seriously what I said before. That was just adding to the hype.

I downloaded the open beta to see if they changed anything and also to review it properly this time (multiplayer component at least). As first impressions tend to be "incorrect" due emotion and also I grew up with Doom, so naturally I would give it more than once chance. So downloaded the game and with cool head played it again.

Uninstalled it after first match as nothing changed, and announcer sounds like he is drinking the tea.

Is it bad? No. Is it the old school Doom? No. Is it modernized old school Doom? No. It is just modern Doom. Different kind of Doom. It has no feeling of old school arena deathmatch. Completely different animal. A very sloooooow animal too.

But again. It is not bad. It will be popular with new people. But with those who grew up with old school Doom... well it might difficult to swallow that pill. In their case I would just download Unreal. Or Quake Arena. Of course doesn't mean that even those people might not like it.

So yeah here is my last 2 cents about this game.

well I finally had a chance to play the multiplayer beta. it was great! and I don't find it too slow. I liked playing as a revenant. I cant wait for May 13th.

I didn't care for the Revenant the first time I got into beta, but after finally getting the demon spawn again and getting twelve straight kills from it... I can't wait to see what the others are like if demons are this fun.

I don't know how I feel about the one that can climb onto everything, the Prowler, and that it can see through walls. Oh I feel that one is going to be played the most.