Creator of Mortal Kombat: Legacy to Develop MK Movie

Any good actor can be 7 feet tall with cgi. This bald dude doesnt have shao kahns presence, ive seen his movies and he just screams like a retard.

The legacy series was bs, the first part with Kano, Jax etc. was nice, but the other stories were stupid and boring as hell, Baraka looked like an old man, The guy who played Shao Kahn was maybe the toilet man in Kahns House. Quan Chi looked skinny as hell, Adoni Maropis looked 10 times better. Raiden was declared "insane" by his doctor :-D.

The thing to remember about the legacy series is that it was on a low budget and thrown together in a few short months. Now that this guy has a much larger budget and a lot more time to work on the project, its gonna be a lot better. The costumes and scenery should actually be good and hopefully the plot won't be rushed. Gotta give this guy some credit, he did decent for what he had to work with.

I just don't want to see an MK movie where you'd have dumb shit, like:

Baraka being a doctor gone mad.
Reptile suffereing from a degenerative disease.
Sub-Zero suffereing from hypothermia.
Raiden being a frustrated electrician
Shang Tsung having multiple-personality disorder.

etc, etc, etc, etc, etc ...........................

Call these characters what they are.

Make Baraka a Tarkatan
Make Reptile a REPTILE
Make Sub-Zero a ninja Cyromancer
Make Raiden a Thunder god
Make Shang Tsung an Evil Sorcerer

None of this real world shit.
If there's all this technology that can make a Camaro transform into Bumble Bee, why the F**K can't an MK movie have fictional characters with super-powers???

I think the only reason they'll make the movie all real-world and stupid is because they are trying to appeal to a broader audience.
However it turns out, it won't be like MK9: The Movie.
Maybe it will lean more towards the real roots of MK.. but I bet there will be at least one stupid ass gimmick.
Maybe not, I'm hoping for a true MK movie like the rest if you..
But I also know what will sell and what won't.

now I'll only give this real world shit a chance under one condition

It has to be only focussed on Scorpion and Sub-Zero's story. It was the only part of the web series that wasnt retarded and somewhat gave off the vibe of the games. I'm sure we've all seen the battle where they were fighting in the snow, and if they are doing a realistic take on it, then that's the major plot they should focus on.

I do not want this to have Jax and Sonya chasing Kano during the movie. You might as well just watch CSI Miami. Cause that's what the web series pretty much was most of the time.

now I'll only give this real world shit a chance under one condition

It has to be only focussed on Scorpion and Sub-Zero's story. It was the only part of the web series that wasnt retarded and somewhat gave off the vibe of the games. I'm sure we've all seen the battle where they were fighting in the snow, and if they are doing a realistic take on it, then that's the major plot they should focus on.

I do not want this to have Jax and Sonya chasing Kano during the movie. You might as well just watch CSI Miami. Cause that's what the web series pretty much was most of the time.

I agree with this wholeheartedly.
If I have to see that played out sonya & jax chasing Kano bull shit again, I'll rip my ****ing eyeballs out.
It's ****ING STUPID.
It was alright in MK4, but damnit it's gone too far.
A focus on Liu & Lao, Kitana & co., and of course, the ninjas; and I'll be happy.
All I really want is The Lin Kuei focused on.
Teenage-ish Subzero and Smoke running away from the Cyber Initiative
with some unexpected twists :)

I thought Rebith was a raping of the MK I know and love. The mini series was pretty cool though. I just hope they don't completely ruin it.

I'v been waiting about 12years for the day I read what I just read above... All I ask: Make the movie rated R, stay true to the franchise (think of all the true MK fans watching this.. don't wanna disappoint them) and make Scorpion get revenge on Johnny Cage ! lmao. Above all.. Good fight scenes

Boon tweeted they had an awesome mk3 movie meeting a day ago, maybe they discussed the cast, filming locations or budget? Im sure they have mostly everything planned out because Kevin already mentioned the story has been written they just need to polish it.

What do you guys think the movie should be named?
My vote is just mortal kombat.

The Rebirth was so stupid and I didnt even bother to watch the legacy crap. All I know is that we will never get a true Mortal Kombat film. The first one was good and somewhat true to the first MK game but the second was just a joke lol. I highly doubt this is going to turn out true to the franchise. I really enjoyed the MK Deception RPG Konquest. Now that should be a movie. You learned and wandered all around classic MK stages and met all the characters. The way they created Scorpian's Hell stage was amazing, seeing all those dead people walk around and the segregation of the normal from the dead. I also liked the way Sub Zero was training his masked ninja clan. Does anyone remember the Konquest from Deception? Or is it just me that enjoyed it and only like Deception for that lol

Boon tweeted they had an awesome mk3 movie meeting a day ago, maybe they discussed the cast, filming locations or budget? Im sure they have mostly everything planned out because Kevin already mentioned the story has been written they just need to polish it.

What do you guys think the movie should be named?
My vote is just mortal kombat.

Yup, I'm on board with that.
A simple "Mortal Kombat" would fit this movie perfectly.
Sweet and Simple :)

The Rebirth was so stupid and I didnt even bother to watch the legacy crap. All I know is that we will never get a true Mortal Kombat film. The first one was good and somewhat true to the first MK game but the second was just a joke lol. I highly doubt this is going to turn out true to the franchise. I really enjoyed the MK Deception RPG Konquest. Now that should be a movie. You learned and wandered all around classic MK stages and met all the characters. The way they created Scorpian's Hell stage was amazing, seeing all those dead people walk around and the segregation of the normal from the dead. I also liked the way Sub Zero was training his masked ninja clan. Does anyone remember the Konquest from Deception? Or is it just me that enjoyed it and only like Deception for that lol

I also hope they dont go the rebirth route and stick with the fantasy elements true to the game. Legacy is def worth watching though because of this. Sure its VERY low budget, short and rushed but it was the best interpretation so far with great scorpion and subzero / cyrax and sektor fight scenes. You just gotta accept there wasn't much to work with. I also enjoyed the deception conquest mode but don't really see what that has to do with the movie.

I also hope they dont go the rebirth route and stick with the fantasy elements true to the game. Legacy is def worth watching though because of this. Sure its VERY low budget, short and rushed but it was the best interpretation so far with great scorpion and subzero / cyrax and sektor fight scenes. You just gotta accept there wasn't much to work with. I also enjoyed the deception conquest mode but don't really see what that has to do with the movie.

I agree.
That's exactly my point.

Sub-Zero should freeze people.
Scorpion should be a NetherRealm wraith who throws his spear.
Raiden should be a thunder god which shoots lightning from his hands.
Reptile should come from a Reptilian race.
Baraka should come from a Tarkatan race.
Shang Tsung should be an evil sorcerer.

None of this "real-world" dark-and-gritty shit.

How is it that you can have a Lord Of The Rings movie, which uses MOST of these fantasy elements mentioned, yet not in a Mortal Kombat movie???
I don't get it.
Both movies are supposed to take place in the "real world", yet have fantasy elements.

This is why the Rebirth angle doesn't work with MK.
They need to approach this movie with more of a Lord Of The Rings angle.
Set in the real world, but with the fantasy and lore that come with MK.

Forgive me if I am tarded (please forgive me), but will this feature be based around Legacy? Or another completely revisioned MK after Rebirth, then Legacy. I thought the original one in 95' was da tits, and I saw it three times in the theater. Once back to back.

I dont think anyone knows what direction it'll go as of yet. The director said he wanted to make it dark, gritty and brutal with an R rating which is awesome, but that could go in any direction. As the guy said above, they should take the more lord of the rings fantasy route. It just makes things more believable and epic in my opinion.

Oh hey guys ;).

Decided to put my two cents on the topic... First of all I am most absolutely psyched for this frigging thing, I have been praying long for this day to happen since 1997, the release of Annihilation. Fast forward 13 years and I am absolutely shocked by Rebirth and even though it was too realistic, it satisfied my thirst of a much needed live action MK sequence and I hoped something would continue. My wish was granted and Legacy was created, and again, I was happy, but it just was not the full package.

Now, judging by the slow pace Warner was taking, I honestly thought a movie still was not gonna be made even after the success of Legacy, I thought they would do a second season and put that on TV. But then, all of a sudden, Mortal Kombat's sales broke 3 million copies... And then outta nowhere... BANG!

My ULTIMATE WISH has finally been given, another freaking MORTAL KOMBAT MOVIE!!! However, just because something you want is announced, does not mean it will be released to your absolute liking.

So what my view is on the topic, I don't give a rat's ass if they go realistic with the thing, just do one simple thing for me Mr. Tancharoen... STICK TO THE DAMNED STORYLINE, I swear to god, if I do not see Scorpion and Sub-Zero's rivalry properly explored in this movie and they become buddies like they were in the first movie, I will not be a happy camper.

Also, an R-Rating (or 18A as we call it here in Canada ;)) would be much appreciated as well. I mean, come on, what is MK without a bit of blood and gore? Also, I love cursing, I do it all the time, I love hearing it in movies, so throw that in there as well, but for characters who will actually swear, I dont want Liu Kang swearing while doing his Jeet Kune Do wails.

But yeah, seriously just stick to the actual story and I guarantee most fans will be satisfactory with the movie. Oh, and also hire actors who can act, don't make the CGI cheesy, blah blah blah.

Nice to post on here again, and nice to see some familiar faces.

TAJ IS BACK PEOPLE :D!

Oh hey guys ;).

Decided to put my two cents on the topic... First of all I am most absolutely psyched for this frigging thing, I have been praying long for this day to happen since 1997, the release of Annihilation. Fast forward 13 years and I am absolutely shocked by Rebirth and even though it was too realistic, it satisfied my thirst of a much needed live action MK sequence and I hoped something would continue. My wish was granted and Legacy was created, and again, I was happy, but it just was not the full package.

Now, judging by the slow pace Warner was taking, I honestly thought a movie still was not gonna be made even after the success of Legacy, I thought they would do a second season and put that on TV. But then, all of a sudden, Mortal Kombat's sales broke 3 million copies... And then outta nowhere... BANG!

My ULTIMATE WISH has finally been given, another freaking MORTAL KOMBAT MOVIE!!! However, just because something you want is announced, does not mean it will be released to your absolute liking.

So what my view is on the topic, I don't give a rat's ass if they go realistic with the thing, just do one simple thing for me Mr. Tancharoen... STICK TO THE DAMNED STORYLINE, I swear to god, if I do not see Scorpion and Sub-Zero's rivalry properly explored in this movie and they become buddies like they were in the first movie, I will not be a happy camper.

Also, an R-Rating (or 18A as we call it here in Canada ;)) would be much appreciated as well. I mean, come on, what is MK without a bit of blood and gore? Also, I love cursing, I do it all the time, I love hearing it in movies, so throw that in there as well, but for characters who will actually swear, I dont want Liu Kang swearing while doing his Jeet Kune Do wails.

But yeah, seriously just stick to the actual story and I guarantee most fans will be satisfactory with the movie. Oh, and also hire actors who can act, don't make the CGI cheesy, blah blah blah.

Nice to post on here again, and nice to see some familiar faces.

TAJ IS BACK PEOPLE :D!

Bro!!!!!! How are things man!?!? Havent seen you around these parts in ages!!!! Welcome back =) Anyways, what I wanted to add to the topic, is I just saw some trailer for a movie on youtube called Adam Chaplin: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrq2F2d_010&feature=channel_video_title

This is the kind of blood and gore/carnage I would want to see in this MK movie ;)