Comp. packs mandatory now?

Why do people keep saying the comp pack is mandatory?? Are people really that thick? Can u really not read all the previous posts? Its like insisting the sky is green after repeatedly seeing that it's blue.

THE FREDDY KRUEGER COMPATIBILITY PACK IS NOT MANDATORY ON XBOX!!!

Last edited:
Re: 111 MB MK9 Patch - Details?

New MK costumes and made all the compatibility packs mandatory.

There has to be more to it than those. On Xbox, he's the same size as the other characters. And making the compatibility packs mandatory can't possibly make up the other 20 MB. The Season Pass was only 104 KB (same as the pre-orders and whatnot). DLC in the Nekropolis? DLC alts? Anything at all? I just really find it hard to believe making the compatibility packs mandatory would take 20 MB.

I think the people that are more pissed at some of us for not downloading the compatibility pack are more upset and crying a lot harder than some of us that don't like him in the first place.. First you say if we don't want him not to pay for him.. that we have a choice. Well guess what.. we don't want to look at him in game either and you have the choice to go to another room if you don't like it.

I think the people that are more pissed at some of us for not downloading the compatibility pack are more upset and crying a lot harder than some of us that don't like him in the first place.. First you say if we don't want him not to pay for him.. that we have a choice. Well guess what.. we don't want to look at him in game either and you have the choice to go to another room if you don't like it.

Again, you're just being selfish, like a lot anti-Freddy people on these forums. You don't want to see him just because he's a guest character? Big woop. People payed for him and with jerks like you who don't even want to DL the compatibility pack, you're keeping those who like the character from using him. Just quit crying about it and download the comp. pack. I'm glad they're being mandatory now.

Last edited:
Again, you're just being selfish, like every single anti-Freddy person on these forums. You don't want to see him just because he's a guest character? Big woop. People payed for him and with jerks like you who don't even want to DL the compatibility pack, you're keeping those who like the character from using him. Just quit crying about it and download the comp. pack. I'm glad they're being mandatory now.

You may want to be a little more careful with your choice of words. Not every Anti-Freddy person here is out to ruin the game for other online players.

and get the packs, don't be an *******. Seriously, I redirect you to the top of page 9.

Again, you're just being selfish, like a lot anti-Freddy people on these forums. You don't want to see him just because he's a guest character? Big woop. People payed for him and with jerks like you who don't even want to DL the compatibility pack, you're keeping those who like the character from using him. Just quit crying about it and download the comp. pack. I'm glad they're being mandatory now.

You may want to be a little more careful with your choice of words. Not every Anti-Freddy person here is out to ruin the game for other online players.

Fixed. I did realize I was a little to careless with my words.

Last edited:
*Facedesk.*

Well, I've been doing that for a while, because both sides of this argument have been making this a bigger issue than it really is, especially when both sides have resorted to ridiculing each other. It's just a video game, and people need to lighten up.

I have the season pass for Xbox and I'm not getting him.. period. There just isn't a guest character that I would want in this franchise. Blame NRS for not forcing the compatibility packs or let alone for not fixing the desync issues.

I have the season pass for Xbox and I'm not getting him.. period. There just isn't a guest character that I would want in this franchise. Blame NRS for not forcing the compatibility packs or let alone for not fixing the desync issues.
What the point in NOT getting him, you got the Pass for a reason, a discount. If you downright refuse to get Freddy then the only fool is you. You buying the pass and not him is pointless. Now I know you, me and everyone else had no idea that Freddy would be the 4th character, but despite all of that, you still 'bought' him.

It's like going to McDonalds, asking for some food, paying and then LEAVING before the person behind the counter can give you the food.

I bought the pass for four MK characters. Would rather have Mokap or Kobra than some crossover promotion.

I've said it once and I'll say it again: Anyone purposefully not downloading the Freddy Comp. Pack is a selfish-prick. Simply because, the packs, themselves, ARE FREE. So since YOU don't want Freddy in your game you're RUINING it for US. There's more to it than just "not seeing his stupid face"....You are INCREASING the chances for more Desyncs which is horrible already as it is. Would you rather get into a game and be "forced" to play against and see Freddy (THAT WOULD BE SO HORRIBLE! /SARCASM) or would you rather spend 20 minutes trying to get into a game and play against someone who DOESN'T have him?

It makes no sense.

No one cares if you choose to NOT buy him. Really. NO ONE DOES. But...If you choose to NOT download the FREE Comp. pack so that OTHERS can play AS him, you're an ass.

This game is rated M for reason. You'd think the dolts that go online wouldn't act like pre-teens.

I bought the pass for four MK characters. Would rather have Mokap or Kobra than some crossover promotion.
You bought the pass for 4 DLC characters! You know what? Be ****ing grateful NRS is even GIVING you a DLC character, even if it's not the one you want, you have to be grateful, if you are not, then you are seriously selfish.

What would you do if someone bought you a DSi, and you wanted a 3DS, would you throw it in their face? and ***** about how you didn't get what you wanted? NO! You would accept it. There is no reason you should act the same here. Do not be a selfish arse.

Sometimes you gotta bend over and take it if you have to dude.