Bethesda E3 Livestream Official Thread

Despite that you can play as Corvo, I strongly feel that Dishonored is going to showcase more of Emily than him, which in my opinion, honestly wouldn't be a big of a deal because I like Emily. Even as a kid in the first one, she showed that she's not this dainty little orphan. Clearly she's the kind of kid who wants to be a strong character, this is like what people like Anita want to see more of.

But you know, because you can also choose as a guy to play too, it's completely overlooked and it has to be a goddamn problem.

Same here.
The way that the trailer was shown at Bethesda's conference, it looked more like it would focus on Emily and her regaining her rightful throne.
I didn't even think that Corvo was even playable until they finally said something at the end of the trailer.
Harvey Smith and Raf Colantonio even said in the interview afterwards that the main focus was on Emily with her new powers, while Corvo would be there with different powers.

Yup.

MGS4 came out in 2008
Fallout 3 came out in 2008
Guess which one got the most GOTY awards?

Metal Gear Solid IV yielded a lot more perfect scores, due to how perfectly crafted it was. Fallout 3 was just a more user-friendly game, the complicated and more sophisticated Metal Gear 4 not appealing to everyone. Yet MGSV is a lot more appealing, Ground Zeroes clearly shows that and on top of all that (Kojima even said himself that the two cannot even be compared at this point), the incredibly expansive and creative single player, Metal Gear is going to have online gameplay as well, unlike Fallout which has also shown already to be an excellent and immersive experience.

Metal Gear and Witcher absolutely have a chance, your statement is simply dumbfounding.

Aren't Action RPG's the only games that ever make GOTY? That and I guess whatever the Arkham games are

Aren't Action RPG's the only games that ever make GOTY? That and I guess whatever the Arkham games are

Not always. They're just usually big contenders due to their amount of replay ability. Notable games that got GOTY awards but aren't RPGs are:

The Last of Us
Uncharted 2
GTAIV
Bioshock Infinite
Half-Life 2 (also won game of the decade iirc)
The Walking Dead

I got nothing against Fallout 4, especially since I'm going to buy it. Just Bruzzard saying that MGSV and Witcher 3 have absolutely no chance against it is more than a bold statement, it's an incredibly silly one.

Not always. They're just usually big contenders due to their amount of replay ability. Notable games that got GOTY awards but aren't RPGs are:

The Last of Us
Uncharted 2
GTAIV
Bioshock Infinite
Half-Life 2 (also won game of the decade iirc)
The Walking Dead

I got nothing against Fallout 4, especially since I'm going to buy it. Just Bruzzard saying that MGSV and Witcher 3 have absolutely no chance against it is more than a bold statement, it's an incredibly silly one.

GOTY is always a popularity contest too. More people can jump into Fallout than Metal Gear. The Witcher 3 is the same way. Fallout appeals to the bigger audience, thus securing its GOTY position.

And it's just the trend. Bethesda's open world games always win GOTY. Each of the games come jam packed with content and a story that is easy to follow. And with Konami's stupid fingers jamming MGSV full of Microstransaction holes, many people are giving the game second thoughts.

And both Fallout 4 and Witcher 3 are RPGs, but I guarantee Fallout will have more to do.

Last edited:
Q3 & 4 games usually secure GOTY too because of how fresh they are during award season. Honeymoon period has yet to wear off.

Not that I really care tho. I love Fallout, but whether or not it makes goty means nothing to me. I think most of the goty games are hella whack anyway like Mordor and Inquisition.

There's a new Batman game every other quarter of the year, I swear, it's worst that CoD and ASSassin Creed combined.

I dunno, it's hard to say which game will be GOTY when they haven't released yet.

There's a new Batman game every other quarter of the year, I swear, it's worst that CoD and ASSassin Creed combined.

I dunno, it's hard to say which game will be GOTY when they haven't released yet.

How so? It's only 4 games total if you include Knight.

Honestly, I could care less about GOTY. It's just another person's opinion. Alien Isolation was my GOTY for 2014.

Know what will fix that nonsense? A three year hiatus and a triumphant return with Imperial Japan.

Ubisoft deliberately avoided Japan because they wanted to go for more "obscure" settings, which I'm okay with. I felt the controls/mechanics of the AC games left something to be desired.

But yeah, the fact that series is cranked out each year is a bit much.

Arkham Knight is going to sh#t on all of these games. Watch.

And you know it lol.

Batman: Arkham Asylum - GOTY
Batman: Arkham City - GOTY
Batman: Arkham Knight - GOTY 2015

The only people that talk crap about Batman is those who've never played it.

It's Rocksteady's last game in the franchise and it's looking better than both their previous ones so it would be quite an injustice for it not to receive GOTY :gr_jest:

I think the Arkahm games are pretty boring tbh. Combat is pretty braindead from what I've played.

I only owned Arkham City and I couldn't finish it. Mordor's combat system is very similar, but at least I enjoyed the satisfaction of slaying orcs and their warchiefs and captains. With Batman you're just beating on endless, nameless thugs, knocking them out.