anyone else have a character that they just cant easily win against?

Mileena still rapes my shit, no matter how scrubby or good, they kill me.
I have a hard time against Jax players (the ones I've fought against know him well.. namely BBBLP, vIOleNcE, and YungQ94 :afraid:)
Critical Limit's Jade always startles me, with the boomerangs, shadow (and EX) and the staff moves.
And I still have problems reading Kabal.

That green piece of shit, Reptile.

All reptile players abuse that ****ing elbow dash, that online, is practically a safe special you can just spam.

YES

Though I love Reptile (not so much his look in the game but I always play as old school Reptile) but, goddamn, do people ever abuse that shit online.

I also have a bit of trouble with Kabal :/

I get scared as hell when I knock him down.
His wake ups are so damn good.

you gotta just block low alot to catch either elbow dash and slide

Elbow dash is -21 frames on block (From TYM)

it USE to be -15 frames on block.

So you can almost full combo punish with alot of characters, or atleast do your basic quick string as a punish.

So just use anything less than roughly 20 frames and you can punish it.

slide is also very punishable.

But I see your point, once your scared of his wakeups. He gets to wake up normally for free once he gets that fear in you.

It is a little annoying.

Sektor is most balanced :cool:

I 100% agree with this. even has a high risk high reward game when he needs it. His tele-uppercut.

Kung Lao has too many options.

you do not still honestly believe this post patch?

He's pretty much mediocre at everything now. he's still strong, but he's even got people who COUNTER pick him now. His low hat no longer gives free pressure, you can naked duck most of his high strings. You can punish his low hat alot majorly now when it's blocked same goes for spin. Teleport = uppercut all day. If he ex's teleport, you can just get away with a moving special or just block. sometimes just walking backwards from his last tele is enough to get out of punish range and counter attack once he lands.

He has to rely on pokes just like everyone else.

Last edited:
I can't beat a good Ermac... ****in' Ermac man.

The secret to Ermac is actually pretty difficult to explain.

Ermac has probably one of the most dangerous specials in the game, and because of this you feel afraid to let go of block thus giving him free pressure. And those who say he can't mix up he can. He grabs. has a Low F+4 that sets up for more pressure when it hits. and he has up+4, to break duck blockers(i usually grab anyways though, but they can break it which means sometimes they need to use up+4)

What you need to do if he's special happy is just block then dash in with your offense. Don't ever jump when your midscreen or farther he can force push you on reaction. unless your jumping over his projectile.

When he does his lift and your full screen. DONT EVER jump. It's better you take the ground unblockable damage than to eat his teleport punch. And most Ermacs are greedy for that combo damage. So think of it like this

Ground unblockable damage what... I don't know the % but i'm sure it's roughly 10%.

vs taking 30%+ from Ermac if you jump.

On the flip side.

If you stand there and dash a bit to proc it(Scare him into thinking your jumping with movement.) Stand there and block. You only take 10% for this option, but if he chose to teleport punch. You get a full combo yourself 30%+

So standing there blocking is WAY more safe.

when it comes to seeing Ermac charge his unblockable. I would try to immediately jump. It's a mix up but eating the full charge is worse than eating a early weak version. He has to let go of his unchargable if he thinks you're going to react early. so if he starts reacting early to your drop of your block. You can start Holding block longer and he'l probably leg go of it too early to get the Block breaker attribute (he has to charge it to get it to that level)

When your testing the grounds of your opponent and knowing his mind, you need to explore the safer optoins before exploiting his patterns/weaknesses.

If he's using the fear of his specials to pressure you for free. you need to use movement to make him whiff. Dash block and move around back and forth to bait his special. If he doesn't special and lets say you dash block BACK wards. He will whiff (depending on your spacing) and then you can counter attack. He'd be really stupid to go for a special attack while your dash blocking around as there's a high chance he will hit you while you're blocking. and give you free offense.

If you're having problems elsewhere with ermac I can help you out.

Yes. Sektor, Scorpion, Ermac, and Sonya are probably the only truely balanced characters in the entire game.

Oh and Liu Kang too.

i would agree with sektor, and sonya, they have to work for their damage,
but ermac... its so friggin easy for him! i hate ermac..

you do not still honestly believe this post patch?

He's pretty much mediocre at everything now. he's still strong, but he's even got people who COUNTER pick him now. His low hat no longer gives free pressure, you can naked duck most of his high strings. You can punish his low hat alot majorly now when it's blocked same goes for spin. Teleport = uppercut all day. If he ex's teleport, you can just get away with a moving special or just block. sometimes just walking backwards from his last tele is enough to get out of punish range and counter attack once he lands.

He has to rely on pokes just like everyone else.

I didn't say he was still OP, but he still has too many options. I actually don't care if people pick him now, because the game is mostly balanced now. But if I had to choose one character, I'd choose him.

I didn't say he was still OP, but he still has too many options. I actually don't care if people pick him now, because the game is mostly balanced now. But if I had to choose one character, I'd choose him.

Even though he has bad match ups? where as there are a couple of characters who argue-ably really don't?

Mileena for example. Not OP, but there shouldn't be a "bad" matchup so I like where she's at.

KUng Lao doesn't completely rape anybody anymore at all. He's just one of the easier characters to punish small frame openings with because is spin is so fast.

like Reptiles Dash. I have a hard time combo'ing that as jade when I block it because sometimes I'm just a tad slow.

Kung Lao's spin is fast enough I can easily punish it everytime even though I should be able to do that with Jade as well, I'm just slow. that's MY fault and not kung's for being able to apply what I can do with Jade a little easier.

Easy does not equal unbalanced.

Ermac is easy to play, but he's like low-mid tier.

ermacs still give me trouble... he constantly gets a free wake-up,(not to mention Jip) coz im so friggin scared of that stupid lift taking 40% of my health!! and im so so so sick of seeing the same combo over and over... that would be the ONE combo i would want to never see again.. you know the one.. blah blah lift, jk,tele,2,2,push

i dont know how he could be low-teir... high damage, easily obtained? no low teir chars have that.

not being ****y but im good at this game, but good ermacs fucc with me hardcore... im a scared little bish, sitting on block coz im afraid of his tele shit, then because im not being offensive he gets to run and jump around for free.

i try to bait the lift on wakeup.. doesnt happen nearly enough..

i say ease CAN equate to balance

if you have a really easy to execute combo, that does 50%,and then people say its OP.
but then you go and make the timing on the combo ALOT more strick, and harder to execute..
then all of a sudden its not OP,

do you see what im getting at? its hard to get my opinion across..

im just saying the amount of effort put in should equate to the damage dealt.

kung lao doesnt phase me in the slightest now, use to make me beat my head against a wall..

for me it's not so much the character but the way its used. but for the most pat it's Mileena. my sektor can give a great match to everyone else but she gives me the most trouble.