Any word on new characters?

Demetrius

Been under a rock for a while, was wondering if we have heard anything about the next "season" of DLC characters.

Im really hope to see a UMK3 Klassic skin pack, and i havent heard anything besides the character patches.

Nothing announced yet. I'm kinda losing hope about more DLC coming out :/

I would like NRS to prove me wrong, but i'm not gonna bring my hopes up.

Dont you people think we have enough characters to play with?

images

Dont you people think we have enough characters to play with?

All i'm asking is for Cyber Smoke since that's the only DLC character I really want right now. I would also like classic costumes for all the characters, and for them to release Brutalities. Apparently they finished Brutalities for the majority of the characters, but due to timing they couldn't continue with Brutalities. :/

All i'm asking is for Cyber Smoke since that's the only DLC character I really want right now. I would also like classic costumes for all the characters, and for them to release Brutalities. Apparently they finished Brutalities for the majority of the characters, but due to timing they couldn't continue with Brutalities. :/

I reckon you will the the classic costumes but thats about it. Doubt there will be any new characters.

I reckon you will the the classic costumes but thats about it. Doubt there will be any new characters.

If anything they will release classic costumes like you said. Although I don't think they'll release anything, including the classic costumes, I think there done with DLC's.

Well Carlos Pesina has been tweeting about doing a great deal of mocap work recently, the last DLC campaign was apparently an overwhelming success, and there has been no official announcement that they are done with DLC (If they where you'd think Boon would have said it by now just to stop being flooded with requests).

The only negative news regarding DLC is Ninja_Boy (The guy in charge of NRS trailer videos) stating he hasn't heard anything about more DLC. But he's also admitted he's about dozen ranks below the people who would know for sure.

If anything they will release classic costumes like you said. Although I don't think they'll release anything, including the classic costumes, I think there done with DLC's.
but according to Ed Boon based on the sales on DLC which according to him were rediculously good it would depend how sales went..i dont understand why he would say something and then its something different...i was really hoping for the release of Robo Smoke as he was part of MK3. What about UMK3 Male Ninja pallet swap? Or the MK2 Mileena and Skarlet outfits? I was hoping they would release more DLC for MK9 :(

Knowing Boon you wouldn't be surprised if he waits for all the DLC talk to die down completely and when we've all given up hope, he'll spring some more on us. That's what I hope happens anyway. NRS knows there's more money to be made here from us MK suckers so I'd be extremely surprised it this was it.

The main point of DLC is to expand the lifetime of a game. If all of the DLC came out at once, it wouldn't last as long as if they released it over a longer span. Games die down, then DLC comes back to resessiate it.