Any 360 users feel the same way about the lack of a demo?

Dude all you people arguing over cinsoles are such noobs. Such fanboy, butthurt, noobs! And I'm not "Just sayin" I'm stating facts.

I have every ****ing system out today. I have 2 360's two PS3's and a Wii. They are all GREAT in their own way. The Wii, I can play games like SSBB, Mario Kart, Mario Galaxy, etc. It makes me feel like a kid again, it's fun. The 360 has amazing exclusives like Halo, Gears of War, and a bunch of fun Marketplace Arcade games. The PS3 has Metal Gear Solid, God of War, etc. A TRUE gamer respects both companies, and appreciates titles from both. Metal Gear Solid, a PS exclusive since the early 90's is now coming to xbox, do you see me crying like a *****? No, because I'm not a noob fanboy like half of you.

Grow the **** up please. You look foolish.

I know right. It seems as if every time you try to make a fairly well-structured, objective comment concerning the subject, someone comes by and tries to elaborate an angry argument in order to try to "prove" the superiority of their respective console of choice, which is basically just a subliminal way of convincing yourself that your purchase was a better deal than the guy next to you. Everyone would be happy if they had every console ^.^

And while I don't tend to use such harsh language myself, DCP, I completely agree with the way you make your point ;) We need to support everything in the gaming industry, especially competition, since competition is the reason to improve and best your rivals.

Last edited:
I know right. It seems as if every time you try to make a fairly well-structured, objective comment concerning the subject, someone comes by and tries to elaborate an angry argument in order to try to "prove" the superiority of their respective console of choice, which is basically just a subliminal way of convincing yourself that your purchase was a better deal than the guy next to you. Everyone would be happy if they had every console ^.^

And while I don't tend to use such harsh language myself, DCP, I completely agree with the way you make your point ;) We need to support everything in the gaming industry, especially competition, since competition is the reason to improve and best your rivals.

Oh trust me I'm not a fan of harsh language either. But it just seems that's the only way these "less enlightened" individuals (to put it nicely) will get the point. Arguing over which video game system is better. Jesus Christ.

Hey, as far as I'm concerned, it's all the same, because PC's by far the best platform anyways. :p

It's really immaterial, though; the game's coming out for both 360 AND PS3, so no real need to spat over which one is better.

The demo should have come out 2-3 weeks after it did for all PSN users.

There is absolutely NO excuse for it to not have been out. It is April, any month exclusivity contracts are over.

On the matter of consoles... I will say that the consoles each have their strong points. While I love the controller for the 360, I would prefer the PS3 controller for a fighting game. Actually, I'd prefer an arcade stick or a 360/PS3 hybrid controller... but with my money I will compare the two that exist and are affordable for me. A PS2 controller seems designed for fighting games. I do like the face buttons for the 360, however. If I had the parts I'd make my own PS3/360 hybrid but I don't, nor do I have the patience haha.

Anyways, back on track... No point in arguing whether or not the bear or the wolf is the better animal. They aren't even the same.

You know whats BS right? Posts like this, its called a business decision, and I am sure WB made it in the best interest of their product. Does it suck for users who only have one system? Yes it does but getting all emotional and bent out of shape to this extent when none of us know any of the business reasons behind the decision is just illogical and irrational.

I work for a fairly big IT company here in Japan as a Sr. Sales Rep and jr. IT programmer , and this is not to throw my status around but the point is that there is a professional way of business and a none professional way. And any company man will tell you the way Team NRS & WB handled this, was not professional by any means. And that's the problem

Learn to do the research. Only owning an Xbox 360 is a very poor choice, and if you are always strapped for cash, it was a poor choice right from the start.

This is when you'd seriously benefit from having free online. Me personally, I've been $60 richer each year since I stopped giving a massive corporation more money than they deserve.

And I am glad you enjoy your ps3, the point is this was badly handled. I have my reasons for owning a 360, never been a ps guy, always Nintendo an so on. But yea not hurting money wise I just chose to be loyal to xbox Since it reminded me of Nintendo, something new something fresh. I do however PC game as well and my PC graphic, speed or just overall specs wise craps on both PS3 & 360

And I am glad you enjoy your ps3, the point is this was badly handled. I have my reasons for owning a 360, never been a ps guy, always Nintendo an so on. But yea not hurting money wise I just chose to be loyal to xbox Since it reminded me of Nintendo, something new something fresh. I do however PC game as well and my PC graphic, speed or just overall specs wise craps on both PS3 & 360

oh ..really? ..hmm.. how old is the ps3? (4-5 years) ..I guess it's not that hard to bash a console graphic wise after years. ;)

also ..how are M$ and Nintendo related?

and to be not off-topic, if the "exlcusive-X360 stuff" appears to be true, you should be quite happy by now. no? - I'd trade the demo for the goodies.. :p

It would be a great marketing strategy. People are going to be dying to get their hands on the game. It's good business. I own a 360 btw.

You also own a PlayStation.

It seems you took your PSN name off of here though? Hm. Inb4 possible trolling.

Honestly it's a bad marketing idea to keep the game a practical secret until release. It's VERY bad marketing, actually.

oh ..really? ..hmm.. how old is the ps3? (4-5 years) ..I guess it's not that hard to bash a console graphic wise after years. ;)

and to be not off-topic, if the "exlcusive-X360 stuff" appears to be true, you should be quite happy by now. no? - I'd trade the demo for the goodies.. :p

Hey, you could put a brand new next gen console up against a contemporary top-of-the-line gaming PC and the PC would still win. That's just how it works; you pay considerably more for a top-end gaming PC, but in exchange it is visually unmatched. :p

I seriously hope the demo comes out this week, not looking forward to getting my ass whupped online by people who have had an extra month of practice.

excalibunny is my psn name. Send me an invite. I'm not trolling dude.

You also own a PlayStation.

It seems you took your PSN name off of here though? Hm. Inb4 possible trolling.

Honestly it's a bad marketing idea to keep the game a practical secret until release. It's VERY bad marketing, actually.

Have you ever done marketing? Do you know about the power of buzz? If they released everything right away we'd be seeing luke warm interest.

I seriously hope the demo comes out this week, not looking forward to getting my ass whupped online by people who have had an extra month of practice.

The game has been changed a lot. Don't worry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please use the multi-quote button (it's on the bottom right, with the + sign next to it). Click it on each post you want to quote and you can answer them all in one post.

Thanks =)

I know a lot about Marketing. I know that XBox Live has no demo, no ads, no trailers, nothing. I have friends who if not for me would never have known it was coming out. Others only learned from Gamestop.

The prime time to release a demo would be tomorrow. It is close to release and it would cause more hype than anything else for 360.
I see your point, but it honestly doesn't work that way. Maybe I'll spend some time finding some statistics to back my claim, but not right now.

I know a lot about Marketing. I know that XBox Live has no demo, no ads, no trailers, nothing. I have friends who if not for me would never have known it was coming out. Others only learned from Gamestop.

Did you know that the ps3 market place is missing the ads the xbox has? Games do really well without them.

The prime time to release a demo would be tomorrow. It is close to release and it would cause more hype than anything else for 360.
I see your point, but it honestly doesn't work that way. Maybe I'll spend some time finding some statistics to back my claim, but not right now.

You seem more motivated by greed than facts.

Did you know that the ps3 market place is missing the ads the xbox has? Games do really well without them.

You seem more motivated by greed than facts.

For the benefit of us both... I will not comment on this.

Regardless... Another thread has a poster that is checking at 5 in the morning, if anyone's interested in that.

Meh, I slightly disagree with the content idea. The PS3 received a demo and an exclusive character, stage, while the 360 receives extra content (only Boon/Co knows) and no demo. Either way I think WB is screwing the 360 fanbase. (+ + = PSE + - = 360)

---

I agree fully with what Insultion is saying. With the rise of other Fighting games, and the like, MK has to stand out otherwise it will lose out big time. No matter how few, that lack of the demo at the very least is going to lose sales on the fanatical 360 fan, (no offense) and other things.

Originally posted by Justin Drown
Have you ever done marketing? Do you know about the power of buzz? If they released everything right away we'd be seeing luke warm interest.

I think he/she means the exclusive content should have been released by now. That creates infinite more buzz than just going:

PS3: Gets KRATOS and stage, and 360 could get anything. For all we know 360 users could get crap. It's just bad marketing. You want exclusive content known beforehand. It helps casuals who aren't so well informed decide if they want it or not, because most people these days feel an incomplete experience compared to another game isn't worth a purchase. My 2c.

Ps: Sorry for not using the multi-quote button, will do so from now on.

I think he/she means the exclusive content should have been released by now. That creates infinite more buzz than just going:

PS3: Gets KRATOS and stage, and 360 could get anything. For all we know 360 users could get crap. It's just bad marketing. You want exclusive content known beforehand. It helps casuals who aren't so well informed decide if they want it or not, because most people these days feel an incomplete experience compared to another game isn't worth a purchase. My 2c.

Ps: Sorry for not using the multi-quote button, will do so from now on.

You're not understanding the hive mind. When the buzz starts building, they wont need to play it. You're right about it's good to give demos, but limiting the demo to 50 percent of the population is even better. Why do you think they start by releasing it to a VERY limited crowd at game conventions? Also, not releasing info on the 360 exclusive content builds even more interest.