All things Tanya! - Official Diskussion Thread

Haha thanks. Did you see the improvised combo I did? It made no sense lol, up till that point I never thought of trying to maximize Tanya's damage.

I kinda gave up on Dragon Naginata, so I'm giving the Tonfa variation a try now. Soooo, now I have to spend another few days or so in the Lab doing Combos and then take her online.

Couldn't pull off combos online, but offline it was easy as shit and I never tried the other two variations at all to see what they had to offer.

I'm digging the Rekkas in Kobu, but I really miss the Ranged normals and 50/50s from Dragon.

I can understand that. When the connection is fine, I love Dragon. But when it's wonky it becomes straight up trash. Her combos are too hard and she has no projectiles so it becomes even harder to use the lag to your own advantage.

Haha thanks. Did you see the improvised combo I did? It made no sense lol, up till that point I never thought of trying to maximize Tanya's damage.

Yes! I am still trying to get the timing right on those crossover jump punches.

Kobu Jutsu is my favorite right now, especially online. Naginata is fun but online it's a mess. Pyro just doesn't feel like it has enough combo options.

looking at the original model

tanya__beta__by_sticklove-d8w3t6m.png

I cant help but feel that, while facially she didnt look as cute, i think she looks better. In fact, I dont think that even the "whitewashing " was intentional. She is obviously black there and when compared to the other character models. I think it was the lighting system in MKX that made her come off whiter.

In all honesty, I digged the old hair. It looks weird to me in the final model :laugh:

The skin change didn't bother me, and the eyes have grown on me. They were ugly at first and then the more I played with her the less funks I gave about them.

Yeah, even isolated the old model is desaturated and weird to me and the hairstyle was way too messy/haphazard for Tanya, especially with the elegant vibe they gave her costume this time out.

I agree it looks like the skin color problems were largely lighting issues, but that means the base skin color should have been more red/brown rather than yellow/gold (which it is now).

I'm very happy with the update. The eyes I would've kept variation-specific to Pyromancer, personally, but I really love how they look in-fight, glowing under her bangs.

I really, really like Tanya's design and gameplay (currently fooling around with Kobu Jutsu)
The only thing preventing me from considering her a MKX Mileena-like flawless perfection is her white eyes (fortunately, the eyes are not very visible during gameplay, so it is a tiny issue).
I guess with MKX Tanya, for once, the stars really did align for victory...

Last edited: