Adding Noob, Johnny, Baraka, and Raiden to PC MK:AK as DLC

I really think this will probably not happen, but please discuss your thoughts about how you would feel if these characters were put in additionally as DLC.

Everyone would go kookoo bananas with happiness, right? OK I'm not trying to get your hopes up, but your opinions count, and it would be nice to discuss even if there is even 1% chance this might influence NRS and Warner Bros.

Last edited:
Re: Adding Noob, Johnny, Baraka, and Raiden to PC MK:AK

Would require some work as Cage is not the same size sprite-wise as the rest of UMK3, nor are Raidens/Baraka's new sprites.

Considering MKAK's lack of...well..bug testing and polish, and NRS' general DLC quality *cough*novoicesoralts*cough* going back and getting the original unsized sprites might be too much of an effort for them I'm afraid.

I know, it would require some work.

You think NRS would give it any consideration?

No, they won't consider it because doing so would require them to change the original arcade games and that would take way too much.

Get over it. It's not gonna happen. Ever. :rolleyes:

I think the thing is people would prefer a UMK3 with Cage and Co. vs Trilogy based on Gameplay factors like smaller sprites, removed frames, wrecked balance, and unnecessary Mk1-2 stages (especially in a AK bundle)

They won't alter the old arcade games, that's 100% sure. And heck, they don't even get them right yet! So that's a definite no.

I would love if they remade Trilogy in HD tho...

It seems they cant release these games the way they were without tons of issues. now you want to mess with them like this?

If all the sprites are available on the internet at the MK warehouse site I don't see why making a remastered trilogy would not be possible. Those games were made in a year with 8 people. It's 2011 with a huge team and they can't do it, so I'm not expecting anything.

I just get so sick of not having noob and rain to play with. They're in the home versions of UMK3. They could just put sheeva in the boss slot.

Sigh ...I'm tired of seeing posts like this, this was meant to an ARCADE kollection, i wouldn't want them to add anything, all i wanted was ARCADE PERFECT versions of the ARCADE games, adding anything would negate this being an ARCADE kollection ...ARCADE

Also MKT was terrible, it was a horrible mash up of all the inferior terrible console ports all mashed up into 1 horrible console game with tiny characters and mismatched gameplay

Sorry to offend any diehard MKT fans out there but MKT was a HOME CONSOLE game

Sigh ...I'm tired of seeing posts like this, this was meant to an ARCADE kollection, i wouldn't want them to add anything, all i wanted was ARCADE PERFECT versions of the ARCADE games, adding anything would negate this being an ARCADE kollection ...ARCADE

Also MKT was terrible, it was a horrible mash up of all the inferior terrible console ports all mashed up into 1 horrible console game with tiny characters and mismatched gameplay

Sorry to offend any diehard MKT fans out there but MKT was a HOME CONSOLE game

Exactly! :dito: :congrats:

MK Trilogy is to the MK franchise what JaMarcus Russell was to the Oakland Raiders.

I rest my case!

images

It seems they cant release these games the way they were without tons of issues. now you want to mess with them like this?

Tim, If anything, UMK for the DS proves that a proper MK game can be released. Besides, they haven't released the PC version of UMK3 yet.

I was only inquiring to the possibility that they may release additional MK characters as DLC should everything work out for the PC version.

That's all I was saying.

UMK3 for the DS isn't arcade perfect, but even if it were, the "they" he is meaning is Other Ocean and Code Mystics since they're the ones responsible for porting emulating these games.

I'd come everywhere if Trilogy was released.
Trilogy is my favorite MK ever

LOL! Keep it in your pants there bud!

But i agree, MKT on the PSX and PC (ONLY, screw the N64 version) was the BEST MK released! It needs a bit or arcade polish to it though!

;P

LOL! Keep it in your pants there bud!

But i agree, MKT on the PSX and PC (ONLY, screw the N64 version) was the BEST MK released! It needs a bit or arcade polish to it though!

;P

MK Trilogy is one of the most BROKEN games in MK history, and somehow it's the "best MK game ever"?

That's the same as saying "Pacman Jones is a model citizen!"