Batman: Arkham City

This game is amazing! Just solved all Park Row riddles on my own! Can anyone help me with where Deadshot's second victim is? There's a certain radius in north Park Row near Catwoman's place and it's sizable and I just can't find it. Since Deadshot's first victim got killed high up on a building, are all his victims as well?

lol yes. I have been playing BAC for the past 5 days now and the first person panning, boring fighting mechanics and silly comments the thugs make and that annoying harley quin whatever her name is just kills it for me. I don't know but playing the game made me realize how much of a chump and wussy batman is the way he just knocks out thugs and that's it. Man he needs to start killing them or something.

BTW i never said i hated MK9. I only hate the online play that seems to STILL be broken by all the lag, desynchs, and disconnections.

Woooooooooooooow.

I only just saw this comment from the previous page. Is this person mental? Why doesn't Batman just kill the thugs?

*head-desk*

Woooooooooooooow.

I only just saw this comment from the previous page. Is this person mental? Why doesn't Batman just kill the thugs?

*head-desk*
Lol, its not nice calling people 'mental' just because they don't find the game appealing. Different strokes for different folks, mate :).
Also he is clearly misinformed on certain aspects, so its best ignore posts like that or correct him. :)

Lol, its not nice calling people 'mental' just because they don't find the game appealing. Different strokes for different folks, mate :).
Also he is clearly misinformed on certain aspects, so its best ignore posts like that or correct him. :)

I never claimed to be nice. :laugh: Besides, saying someone is mental is akin to rhetorically asking if they're crazy...which you have to be to not find the appeal of this game, minor faults aside.

I just did the invisible predator map that comes with Nightwing, "Main Hall", using Batman. Rank #334! 3 medals, 3min 47sec. First try too...that's the fastest I've ever done a predator map. Real fun. Great map.

This game is amazing! Just solved all Park Row riddles on my own! Can anyone help me with where Deadshot's second victim is? There's a certain radius in north Park Row near Catwoman's place and it's sizable and I just can't find it. Since Deadshot's first victim got killed high up on a building, are all his victims as well?

Its on the crumbled bridge hidden behind a small barrier near the church. Use your detective mode to look for any downed bodies. It makes him easier to find.

I never claimed to be nice. :laugh: Besides, saying someone is mental is akin to rhetorically asking if they're crazy...which you have to be to not find the appeal of this game, minor faults aside.

I just did the invisible predator map that comes with Nightwing, "Main Hall", using Batman. Rank #334! 3 medals, 3min 47sec. First try too...that's the fastest I've ever done a predator map. Real fun. Great map.

Ha! I laid into that guy as well for his "why doesn't Batman kill" comment. He's ****ing Batman dude, he obviously has no concept of the character or his origins. And he is ****in mental if he thinks the combat or any other aspect of this game is boring.

I prefer the predator challenges over the combat challenges. There is something so satisfying about taking thugs down in as many different ways as possible without being seen. Still haven't gotten Nightwing but I have been salivating over his gameplay. It looks like the shiiah!

Last edited by a moderator:
lol yes. I have been playing BAC for the past 5 days now and the first person panning, boring fighting mechanics and silly comments the thugs make and that annoying harley quin whatever her name is just kills it for me. I don't know but playing the game made me realize how much of a chump and wussy batman is the way he just knocks out thugs and that's it. Man he needs to start killing them or something.

BTW i never said i hated MK9. I only hate the online play that seems to STILL be broken by all the lag, desynchs, and disconnections.

I now understand why you do not like the game. Because you don't know anything about batman.

this game doubles up as nostalgia for old batman fans, on the flip side of MGS type takedowns, and RE simple based puzzle solving. Heavy rain type investigating.

Also one question. How is it you are a weakling/soft(hate the word pussy in that context) if you take out hundreds of thugs w/o killing them? The way batman does it is WAY more complicated and harder. If batman was a killer. Arkham city wouldn't even exist because they'd all already be dead. Because I'm confident batman put away like atleast 50% of those guys lol.

killing would be way easier. To me the person who needs to kill is more of a weakling/soft.

I finished my second playthrough a few days ago and I love this game! After completing Riddler's revenge I'll play AA and AC story again.
Hell I can't wait for the next game, mainly to see Scarecrow again! He's been haunting this game >=)

I have all of batman video games and i can say that its the best one, i have all the DLC skins for batman, robin and catwoman, nightwing is right around the corner.

p.s harley quinn is pregnant.

^ I already said that spoiler a few pages back, lol.

W-A-R-L-O-C-K,

Batman doesn't kill. I am assuming you've never read the comics or seen the TV shows or movies but, yeah, Batman punishes the bad but never takes a life. That's why he doesn't do it in the games.

I paid my respects. A kleenex was needed. Scene made a lot of the less enjoyable parts of the game worth it. I NEED this soundtrack.

I've managed to finish the Calendar Man side mission. His 12 holidays of storytelling are so gross and wrong in many ways. Anyways, still doing the Riddler trophy hunting.

dude, i love this game, but I'm so burnt out on it right now...I'm around 50-60% completion and I just dont know if I want to go on.

kudos to those who finish all the riddler trophies and challenges, those are a pain lol

So I've figured out how to kill someone in the game! LOL It's totally out of character for Batman, but it's mildly hilarious. Normally he can't cut people down from a drop that would kill them, but only in Story mode. Riddler's Revenge mode apparently has no such restrictions.

How to do it:
  1. Select the Top of the World Challenge Map (as Batman)
  2. Go along the outside of Wonder Tower's observation deck using the gargoyle vantage points.
  3. Grapple to a vantage point by one of the windows (but not the balcony)
  4. Wait.
  5. Eventually, a TYGER guard WILL come to the window...
  6. You'll (ODDLY) have the option to do an inverted takedown. Do it.
  7. Grapple away immediately to the next gargoyle.
  8. Note the TYGER guard is suspended above a several hundred foot drop...Select your Batarang.
  9. Cut the rope holding him up, and enjoy!

^That's pretty cool but you could do that in Arkham Asylum.
You can cut the ropes with your Batarang after you do an inverted takedown on any map but I guess a thug could survive some of those falls. And they aren't comin back after falling from wonder tower.

Catwoman Alternate Ending

Spoiler:

On Catwoman's 3rd story mission, when you break into Strange's vault. After getting the brief cases you're given a choice to save Batman or let him die. I'm assuming most people go save him.
But here is something cool. If you decide to leave Arkham City you're treated to an alternate universe ending.
You walk out the doors and enter Gotham City.
You can see gotham above you.
Catwoman walks up the steps and say's "Screw him" then the credits begin to roll.
After that you are treated to a radio transmission from Oracle who divulges she is Barbara Gordon and that joker has won and everyone is dead.
Then the game rewinds and puts you back at the decision making moment.
Pretty cool right!

Yeah, but normally if the drop would be fatal, the game won't let you Batarang the rope. Strangely, under those specific circumstances it will. I tried it another way (by doing a ledge takedown) on the same map, but apparently that doesn't work.

Just found the spot where Bruce's parents were gunned down. I almost cried when I heard the music and then got the achievement for it. I feel his pain and sorrow for the all things that went wrong in the past.