Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that they'll show almost all of the roster by then.

IIRC, by January / February of 2015 there were a lot of characters revealed, with them revealing the last remaining characters once every couple of weeks until right before the April release.

The difference between this time and MKX was that during MKX there was a dry spell of no information coming, whereas with MK11 they withheld info until the Game Awards and maybe now they'll show more.
I mean, they're doing a whole event in London for this game's reveal, so it's gotta be big, at least that's my guess.

I think they will show only Raiden and Scorpion, and maaaaaaaaaybe Sub-Zero.

If they keep the pattern of MKX and Injustice, they will have lots of time to explore Raiden and Scorpion's fighting style, explaing what system we will have, etc.

It's a 7 hour event. There's no way they're only revealing 1 character

I think in February, we will hear stuff on the DLC character. I remember back in February 2015 was when rumors of Predator started to pop up.

It's a 7 hour event. There's no way they're only revealing 1 character

Oh, seriously? I didn't know. Then I guess we can expect big news!

[...]

Also, just a small obs.: it's funny that Scorpion and Shao Kahn have been shown so far with different sets of gear, but Raiden didn't.

Still, that glove is new lol and the staff obviously.

Oh, seriously? I didn't know. Then I guess we can expect big news!

Yeah, plus, they are allowing the people who attend to play the game and will have tournaments there, so I'm guessing by then that the game will have a month or so left before it goes gold, and that they'll reveal much more.

I'm hoping that we can get more information / a little tease about what happened between MKX and MK11 (since there won't be any comics this time around) and at least what role that bald lady plays in all of this.

Yeah, plus, they are allowing the people who attend to play the game and will have tournaments there, so I'm guessing by then that the game will have a month or so left before it goes gold, and that they'll reveal much more.

I'm hoping that we can get more information / a little tease about what happened between MKX and MK11 (since there won't be any comics this time around) and at least what role that bald lady plays in all of this.

Wow, it's gonna be even bigger than I thought! More hyped than ever now lol

And thankfully there won't be any komics. I think I never recovered from going from the top of the highest mountain in heaven to the deepest pit of the netherrealm with the first and last one.

I have hope that maybe Raiden has threatened Outworld and is possibly sending Cassie on missions like the one that Shujinko was killed (in other words, Raiden, Cassie, Scorpion and Kotal Kahn's endings all canon). I don't see Raiden wanting to konquer Outworld tho, and I'm not sure if Jinsei Scorpion might be for real.

There are no comics for MK11 this time around, but Shawn Kittelsen (who wrote the comics) was hired by NRS to help write the story for MK11 story mode, which gives me some hope.
I preferred the MKX Comics stories over the MKX in-game story which didn't know where it wanted to go.

I don't know how many endings from MKX will be canon for MK11, especially with that bald woman at the end of the trailer supposedly trying to reverse the time.

I hope they do more Komics. I loved the MKX ones. Infinitely better than MKX's story mode. Kotal was an actual lovable character in the comic books, instead of a generic villain like he was in the game.

We got some incredible moments from the comics. Emotions that we've never seen in any of the games.

p8_8%2Bcopy.jpg

Having Shawn Kittelsen helping out with the story makes me really hopeful for the story mode.

Also Raiden and Shao Kahn are looking pretty badass.

Firefox_Screenshot_2019-01-09T00-09-46.494Z.png

Unexpected, we're getting some story revealed. They also clarified in a post afterwards that it's 11 am Pacific.

Fortunately we see this game with our eyes and not our hands. We cant play it now Dick Tracy so have no choice but to use our eyes.
What good are graphics if the gameplay is complete and utter shit? Further proof that gameplay is more important, because if the gameplay sucks, the whole game sucks.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I am just in love with that Shao Kahn pic.

But I want my Sub-Zero reveal, and I hate that I have to wait until next Thursday to see it... As well as being at work to watch it.

Having Shawn Kittelsen helping out with the story makes me really hopeful for the story mode.

Same here.
When I saw that Kittelsen was going to help out with story mode I was hopeful that we'd get a decent story this time around for MK11.

I don't like that Raiden outfit. Looks very Injustice-y.

Agreed.
Shao Kahn also looked a bit Injustice-y, to me, but I'm hoping that since they are standing on what looks to be the "Customize Character" section, that it's just that.
I don't feel too hopeful, since that's what Raiden was wearing in the trailer, but I'm hoping that all of the MK11 characters don't have the same gold palette as defaults for all of them.

Yeah, that costume also gives a bit Injustice feel. I also think it has to do with NRS having this goldphilia.