Wishlist for Mortal Kombat 11/III

A slight advantage for Deception for a number of reasons. Yeah, there's nothing showing that an SM type game would be some sort of a cash grab suicide.

I never implied a "cash grab suicide."
Those are your words, not mine.

I just insisted that an MK fighter would sell more than an MK action adventure game and have priority over it, and have proof of it.

You even went on to give an example, further proving my point that fighters sell more than action adventure games....
Deception: 0.92m
SM: 0.58m

WB / NRS would more than likely release another fighter over an action / adventure game, given that it's more profitable for them, just the same way that NRS will continue to include guests in MK fighters because Freddy has proven to be more profitable for them thean all the other DLC.

Last edited:
Pac-Man is a better quality game than Battlefield 4. Your point?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

My point is that the development process to make a modern MK game takes longer than just a couple of years. NRS started on making MKX shortly after the release of MK9. So no, you can't have and won't get an MK game every second year.

My point is that the development process to make a modern MK game takes longer than just a couple of years. NRS started on making MKX shortly after the release of MK9. So no, you can't have and won't get an MK game every second year.
Then explain the John Madden games...

Then explain the John Madden games...

Madden games, much like all other sports games are an update to the previous year's game roster with rinse, wash and repeat and a few add-ons tacked on.

That's NOT the case between MK9 and MKX.
MKX has 8 new characters, different interactibles, Brutalities, 3 variations per character (even the old characters and bosses) and various voice over intros per character.
A LOT more went into the intricacies of MKX over the Madden games.

Spitting out the same garbage every year with only a very few upgrades.
The only garbage associated with that game is the cover. That is no opinion, it is a documented FACT, and I can back that up with the numerous misfortunes that happened to the players on that cover, as well as their teams if you'd like (everything from an ankle injury severe enough to cost a player 2 full seasons to a 2 year sentence in Federal Prison for dog fighting).

I never implied a "cash grab suicide."
Those are your words, not mine.

I just insisted that an MK fighter would sell more than an MK action adventure game and have priority over it, and have proof of it.

The website you showed clearly states that the difference was....not a lot. Therefore I fail to see how WB would say "nah guys, screw new ideas, keep pumping out the same game over and over again because...such a massive difference in sales".

Besides my original point is that such a game would be made between the gap it takes to make the next MKX/whatever.

And why do you keep repeating that those are my words?

The only garbage associated with that game is the entire game.

Fixed. 8)

The last GREAT Madden game that I enjoyed was probably 2004 or 2005.
After that, the Madden franchise got stale for me, and it's felt like the same rinse, wash and repeat game, ever since.

The website you showed clearly states that the difference was....not a lot. Therefore I fail to see how WB would say "nah guys, screw new ideas, keep pumping out the same game over and over again because...such a massive difference in sales".

And why do you keep repeating that those are my words?

The website that I showed shows the sales for ALL games, not just MK, and the margin between MK9 and Shaolin Monks sales was quite substantial.
It was a HUGE difference in sales.
And yes, the year of release matters not.
MK9 sold substantially more than SM.
Deception was also a game being sold in an era where MK fighters were at their lowest selling point (the 3D era, same era as Shaolin Monks) and yet it still sold more, which goes to tell you that even at their lowest point of sales an MK fighter will sell more than an MK adventure game.

I keep saying those are your words because you act as if I implied that an adventure game would be a "cash grab suicide" when I never uttered such things or implied such things.

Last edited:
The only garbage associated with that game is the cover. That is no opinion, it is a documented FACT, and I can back that up with the numerous misfortunes that happened to the players on that cover, as well as their teams if you'd like (everything from an ankle injury severe enough to cost a player 2 full seasons to a 2 year sentence in Federal Prison for dog fighting).

Nope, Madden is garbage. Now back on topic.

If NRS spat out a game every year/every other year, we would be back at the 3D era where each game is the same graphics, using the same models, using the same gameplay, being of poor quality, with only a very few upgrades.

MKX would be just like MK9, each character returning would have the same model and the same gameplay/moves/combos/animations as in MK9.

But it isn't. MKX has all new models for each character, all new animations for all the special moves and all new combos for each returning character. Everything is literally new, with maybe only a very few exceptions of re-used material from MK9 (if any).

And because of that, it takes time to develop it all. 2 years isn't enough. So, I repeat, you won't get it.

Didn't you read what I've said? The difference wasn't big enough to warrant a WB excuse of "no no, this game won't generate sales therefore nothing". Especially since now those statistics are quite pointless, and how big of a NRS / MK has become in comparison.
Comparing a game from 2011 with a game from 2005...That's quite something. That's like comparing that Battlefield 3 and 4 sold more than Battlefield 2...Wait a minute...It did. Not surprising in the slightest.

Will it sell less? Maybe, but not to the point where it's completely non-profitable and a waste of time. It was a different time before, like you mentioned the 3D era wasn't that good for Midway. And honestly in 2005 it was a bit harder to sell a video game. Heck I myself bought PC MKX (regretfully) without waiting for proper reviews, patches or a sale. Yeah try pulling that off like 5-8 years ago.

Last edited:
Fixed. 8)

The last GREAT Madden game that I enjoyed was probably 2004 or 2005.
After that, the Madden franchise got stale for me, and it's felt like the same rinse, wash and repeat game, ever since.

Madden 2004 - Michael Vick broke his fibula within days of the game being released. The consequences to the Falcons were so severe that by the time Vick came back, the team was mathematically eliminated from playoff contention. 4 years later, it was revealed that Vick had been involved in an illegal dog fighting ring and served 2 years in Federal Prison as a result. Additionally, he has only started all 16 games of a regular season ONCE in his NFL career, even despite his improbable comeback from jail.

Madden 2005 - Ray Lewis' season was cut short by a wrist injury in Week 15. The timing of this injury was particularly painful, as not only did the Ravens lose that week, they lost the next week against Pittsburgh, ultimately costing them a playoff spot. Ray Lewis' season on the cover was also the first season in his career he failed to record an interception.

Madden 2005 was also the last Madden game that had competition with NFL and NFLPA licenses, as EA Sports would be awarded the exclusive rights to both licenses the very next off-season.

Didn't you read what I've said? The difference wasn't big enough to warrant a WB excuse of "no no, this game won't generate sales therefore nothing". Especially since now those statistics are quite pointless, and how big of a NRS / MK has become in comparison.
Comparing a game from 2011 with a game from 2005...That's quite something. That's like comparing that Battlefield 3 and 4 sold more than Battlefield 2...Wait a minute...It did. Not surprising in the slightest.

Will it sell less? Maybe, but not to the point where it's completely non-profitable and a waste of time. It was a different time before, like you mentioned the 3D era wasn't that good for Midway. And honestly in 2005 it was a bit harder to sell a video game. Heck I myself bought PC MKX (regretfully) without waiting for proper reviews, patches or a sale.

It's big enough of a sales gap for WB to definitely say "We'd rather have another MK fighting game, instead," though.
Sales determine everything.
If they didn't then we wouldn't continue to have guests in MKX.
Freddy and Scorpion were the #1 DLC in both of those games, as guests, thus we have more guests as DLC in MKX.
The same goes for MK fighters.
MK9 sold amazingly well, so WB likely said "Hey, let's try a fighter with our DC characters."
Both of those games sold amazingly well, and thus now we have MKX.
Sales DO matter, regardless of the year, because it shows what people are MOST interested in.

Why do you keep repeating things like "non-profitable" and "cash grab suicide?"
Apart from you, I haven't seen anyone else refer to an MK adventure game as being such things.
It will sell less than a fighter, which is my point.
Plain and simple.

It's big enough of a sales gap for WB to definitely say "We'd rather have another MK fighting game, instead," though.
Sales determine everything.
If they didn't then we wouldn't continue to have guests in MKX.
Freddy and Scorpion were the #1 DLC in both of those games, as guests, thus we have more guests as DLC in MKX.
The same goes for MK fighters.
MK9 sold amazingly well, so WB likely said "Hey, let's try a fighter with out DC characters."
Both of those games sold amazingly well, and thus now we have MKX.
Sales DO matter, regardless of the year, because it shows what people are MOST interested in.

Why do you keep repeating things like "non-profitable" and "cash grab suicide?"
Apart from you, I haven't seen anyone else refer to an MK adventure game as such things.
It will sell less than a fighter, which is my point.
Plain and simple.

I keep repeating it because your reason, and this is your quote, "I could see it not happening for 1 reason.
More people will buy MK fighters than they ever will an MK action-adventure game, and at the end of the day WB also wants to make more money.
The sale numbers don't lie.". You keep parading on the sales pitch/metrics bit, and just because SM sold less than MK9 (lousy comparison), that means WB is going to always say "no". Well no. If you really want to know how WB functions with their sale quotas, go read the MK MUGEN thread on this very forum. I've already mentioned once about how they go along, because one of their developers actually had a discussion with them and posted it.

(it's something along the lines of post #149, aka you're on a radar, either guarantee x amount of sales or CoD)

Last edited:
I keep repeating it because your reason, and this is your quote, "I could see it not happening for 1 reason.
More people will buy MK fighters than they ever will an MK action-adventure game, and at the end of the day WB also wants to make more money.
The sale numbers don't lie.".

I never said or implied that it would be non-profitable or a cash grab suicide, though, just that WB would likely rather work on the sequels to the fighting games that have been selling outstandingly well for them.

You keep parading on the sales pitch/metrics bit, and just because SM sold less than MK9 (lousy comparison), that means WB is going to always say "no". Well no. If you really want to know how WB functions with their sale quotas, go read the MK MUGEN thread on this very forum. I've already mentioned once about how they go along because one of their developers actually had a discussion with them and posted it.

(it's something along the lines of post #149)

Because sales DO matter, which you're completely ignoring.
It doesn't mean that they will automatically say "no," just that their changes for getting a greenlight of MK11 or Injustice 2 are more likely, due to the major success of those 2.
You keep trying to shove as facts that the Shaolin Monks sales are on par with the sales of MK fighting games, when they are simply not.

You keep trying to shove as facts that the Shaolin Monks sales are on par with the sales of MK fighting games, when they are simply not.

Funny how you keep insisting that I "shove" something down your throat...And yet...Oh the irony. Batman, where's that facepalm gif when I need it?
What I keep saying, if you still are completely missing the point, is that a game like SM will not sell so badly that its existence is unwarranted. Therefore I don't see how you keep insisting that the only reason why such a game will not be made, is because pure fighting games sold more. If they have the right product, at the right place and time, and at the right price, it will sell. That's how marketing works.

The interest is there. SM was a good game. And I doubt they'll be charging £50 for it, unless it's a new GOTY material. Plus with the fanbase they have now? Yeah I'm sure that modern SM will outsell all other 3D-era games easily.