All things Tanya! - Official Diskussion Thread

Re: Tanya's Design Compared to Older Designs.

i don't think Tanya's admiration for Mileena is fake judging from the intros. Seems like they really trust each other. Idk about Rain though.

I think she likes Mileena but is also using her. I imagine she's playing both Mileena and Rain to see who comes out on top.

(Not who comes on top -- that seems to have been both of them. Get it, T.)

I hope they've kept Tanya's disloyalty quality. I love how she's known as the least trustworthy character in the game. That's why I'm to believe she doesn't care for Mileena, or even Rain. I'd say more than likely she would have sided with Rain to take down Mileena, only for her to take out Rain in the end as well because he would be no more use to her. She a black widow b!tch ;D

Tanya to Tremor: Kano's domestic.
Tremor to Tanya: Mileena's concubine.
Tanya to Tremor: Her deadliest ally.

get's around.
-----------

You know, playing her on pc i can say that the model changes they made probably will be barely noticeable in gameplay. I actually like her new model, although for some reason i feel like NRS was hellbent on making Edenian royalty black haired, white people (Sindel, Kitana, Jade original renders, Tanya npc and Rain) and fan feedback stopped them XD
The model we have now looks like Tanya. That model in story looks like a new characters, everyone notice that it looks nothing like Tanya in mk4 and mkd, so NRS made the real Tanya come back.

Eh, what can you do, you know?
They made Tanya black in the first place, now they tried to change it on the new TL, they got stoppedt.
Ed's eyebrows whisper to him in the night

If Nrs wanted a new white Edenian. They should have just make a new character. Everyone would like her, so what's the problem?

for some reason i feel like NRS was hellbent on making Edenian royalty black haired, white people (Sindel, Kitana, Jade original renders, Tanya npc and Rain) and fan feedback stopped them XD

That doesn't really make sense though. Because Jade is darker than both Sindel and Kitana, and then Sindel has predominantly grey/white hair.

I'm actually kinda glad fan feedback made them change their mind. We are the ones who are buying her. And it was clear from the get-go that fans weren't happy. Even non-fans were confused as to why Tanya had been dramatically altered. Don't get me wrong, her storymode appearance right now isn't actually that bad. But it's just not Tanya. Aside from the colour scheme, there's no more hint of Tanya in that model than there is Kira. Actually when I look at her, I think facially looks very similar to Kira's Deception alt render. When they finally changed her to look more like her MK4 self, there was a sigh of relief across social media

The model we have now looks like Tanya. That model in story looks like a new characters, everyone notice that it looks nothing like Tanya in mk4 and mkd, so NRS made the real Tanya come back.

I'm trying to say (unless they change her head stance) the changes they did to her face will be barely noticeable when playing (excepting the intro ofc) since her hair covers most of her face. Maybe its because of the settings im using but her eyes already look white in the fight even for the colour they chose for the irises.

That doesn't really make sense though. Because Jade is darker than both Sindel and Kitana, and then Sindel has predominantly grey/white hair.

I assume that Sindel was born with black hair and the white came post ressurection and both Jade renders decopt her white. While in game she is obviously dark skinned it seems that making her white was in their plans for a while

sorry for double post but im on mobile

true
I'm trying to say (unless they change her head stance) the changes they did to her face will be barely noticeable when playing (excepting the intro ofc) since her hair covers most of her face. Maybe its because of the settings im using but her eyes already look white in the fight even for the colour they chose for the irises.
True, but now that Tanya's black again, people will know it's not the same model in story.

Sindel's MK3 ending actually indicates the opposite:

View attachment 8448View attachment 8449

I always thought the woman who played sindel in MK3 was absolutely gorgeous.

If Nrs wanted a new white Edenian. They should have just make a new character. Everyone would like her, so what's the problem?

By the way,
You retweeted my tweet today about Tanya's skin color, lol. I just got the notification from twitter.

Lia Montelongo. She's always been a cutey. :3

Lia Montelongo! She's also Sareena in Mythologies and she did the motion capture for Tanya in MK4. She was only 18 in MK3. A real martial arts talent and so pretty.

I'm in disbelief. Her face just makes me stare in wonder. She looks so amazing.
Sindel was my MK3 main. She's always been my 3rd favorite character lol.
Might be hard to believe, since I don't usually talk about her.

I know this isn't Tanya related, and sorry, not trying to derail, but speaking of Lia Montelongo:

I'm 45 pages late, but to sum up what I think...

- Her MK4 look sums up best her origin and where she's from. It is also practical for combat. It is simple, but it works.
- Her first MK Deception look sums up best what she's like and her personality.
- Her second MK Deception look is the worst of them all, because it's just a remake of the MK4 look and brings nothing new. Plus she looks weird in it.
- Her MKX Story Mode look I find the best. It's new, elegant, familiar and personal. I just feel, especially with the VO, that that's her.
- Her original MKX DLC look is clearly unfinished, but it still looks off. Especially the face. Is that Cleopatra? This look works on its own, but not with the name Tanya. Just makes her look old and dumb.
- Her updated MKX DLC look is definitely better and feels more polished. But at the same time I can't say I really like it. For me it's too dark, mainly because of those eyes, sharp face and haircut. This look as "evil b/witch" all over it and I don't see Tanya as a purely negative being. More like mistreated and misguided.

So to rank them...

1) MKX Story
2) MK4
3) MK Deception
4) Updated MKX DLC
5) Original MKX DLC
6) MK Deception alternate