All things Tanya! - Official Diskussion Thread

Re: Tanya's Design Compared to Older Designs.

what do you guys think if tanya had the halle berry pixie cut?

I'm not really keen on it for Tanya. That would be drastic as hell. But then again, I'd prefer it over the short fringed bob. It's hard to even tell how it would look on her because the concept art of Tanya doesn't look like the version we have of her now

they apparently do have problems with longer hair, Jacqui had longer braids and we see they clipped them. maybe next mk they'll get it right.
Jacqui.jpg

I think it looked nice and neatly coiffed back when she was standing still. But then when she run it didn't flow, it just looked like rubber or something. It floated not flowed. I understand how hard it must be to master Sindel's hair because it's something that defines her, but for the moment it's been extremely hard to make her hair flow. I think that's one thing that will always bother me about Sindel. She's meant to have the longest hair in the game, but because it's significant to her moveset it just looks really blunt and stubby. I think her hair looked best in MK3

sindel.jpg

No thank you. She looks too funky with short hair.

You can tell that they really have tried to step around long flowing hair in this game. Kitana's hair was a mess in MK9. It swung like a pendulum. I guess they tried to combat the issue by tying it up or shortening the hairstyle. I wouldn't be surprised if they give Tanya a long Sonya braid or maybe tied up like kitana's alt

About Tanya's outfit, I am glad NRS is trying something new and I personally think it works well.

As for her hair, NRS can't do long hair unless it is tied up or controlled somehow. The free-flowing hair is just for some reason out of their abilities to make. :/

About Tanya's outfit, I am glad NRS is trying something new and I personally think it works well.

As for her hair, NRS can't do long hair unless it is tied up or controlled somehow. The free-flowing hair is just for some reason out of their abilities to make. :/

Bugs me.
I'd like at least one characters to have long hair.
It's not possible and it keeps messing up mostly because of the ways fatalities are done and the glitches the hair would do, I'm sure.

Bugs me.
I'd like at least one characters to have long hair.
It's not possible and it keeps messing up mostly because of the ways fatalities are done and the glitches the hair would do, I'm sure.

Yeah, exactly. NRS has learned ALOT from the mistakes they made in MK9, but for MK11, I'd like for them to learn how to make long free-flowing hair.

Yeah, exactly. NRS has learned ALOT from the mistakes they made in MK9, but for MK11, I'd like for them to learn how to make long free-flowing hair.

Same.
It's not impossible. I think they just would have to do a serious amount of work that they clearly didn't have time for.
It's already pretty much obvious that they didn't get anywhere near as close to finishing up everything as they wanted to.
It's unfortunately safe to assume that Tanya will have short hair or a short bun in her alternate as well.

Same.
It's not impossible. I think they just would have to do a serious amount of work that they clearly didn't have time for.
It's already pretty much obvious that they didn't get anywhere near as close to finishing up everything as they wanted to.
It's unfortunately safe to assume that Tanya will have short hair or a short bun in her alternate as well.

A long braid would do it, though Sonya has one too. I'd still want it for Tanya though. ^^

A long braid would do it, though Sonya has one too. I'd still want it for Tanya though. ^^

Tanya was the original long braid lady with that long braid in her MKD alternate, lol.
Tanya should really get that. It'd be better than what she currently has imo.

I mostly miss her big chunky bang, mostly because it came down to her eyes and added with the dark eye makeup made her eyes more piercing

I mostly miss her big chunky bang, mostly because it came down to her eyes and added with the dark eye makeup made her eyes more piercing

If you're a fan of MKD/MKA Tanya, here's a mod of her fighting in Kahn's arena in MK9 for the 300th challenge.
I like to imagine that this is what she'd be like if she was in the game.

I noticed that liu kang actually has long flowing hair in MKX.
it's tied together at his head, but it goes down his back like Kitana's in MK9.

Yeah, that's what I mean with it being tied up. By doing this, the hair isn't free-flowing, but focused to be one element instead of lots of different strands that whips about.

Yeah, that's what I mean with it being tied up. By doing this, the hair isn't free-flowing, but focused to be one element instead of lots of different strands that whips about.

I'd love for them to do that. No glitch and everybody wins. Lol.

I would *way* prefer that. I think the concept art looks great. Tanya has angular features and this Natalia Kills bob is just really not a cute hairstyle for her face. It's too harsh and sharp.

I used to want Tanya's hair like this. I thought the shaved side was badass, until I saw they did it with Cassie. Don't hate :p Sabrina.jpg