All things Tanya! - Official Diskussion Thread

Re: Tanya's Design Compared to Older Designs.

I know not a lot of people liked them, but I preferred the white eyes. I think with the bang down to her eyes, and the dark eye makeup, it made her white eyes really stand out

That didn't answer my question! XD

I never minded the white eyes, made her look otherworldly. But should she get pupils back, I'd always wanted her to have something like purple iris' that glowed a bit or something, to keep the otherworldly look and to show her magical prowess.

I spoke to NRS designer Solomon Gaitan on Tumblr. He's redesigning Tanya for the DLC version:

As you're involved with Tanya, I just want to ask -- will the finished version have darker skin than the one in Story Mode? I was stunned at how white she looked in this game, and I hope that's part of the fix. I love the work you did with Jacqui, so I'm glad you're on the Tanya team. (If you can't answer this publicly I understand.)

And he replied :

Let’s just say that we hear the fans, and they’ll be happy with her new updates. And thank you so much on Jacqui!

I spoke to NRS designer Solomon Gaitan on Tumblr. He's redesigning Tanya for the DLC version:

As you're involved with Tanya, I just want to ask -- will the finished version have darker skin than the one in Story Mode? I was stunned at how white she looked in this game, and I hope that's part of the fix. I love the work you did with Jacqui, so I'm glad you're on the Tanya team. (If you can't answer this publicly I understand.)

And he replied :

Let’s just say that we hear the fans, and they’ll be happy with her new updates. And thank you so much on Jacqui!

Could you post the link to this conversation?

And he replied :

Friend, if you aren't just pulling our leg, I'll be very happy and commend you on never giving up because Lord knows, I NEVER got a response from anyone I reached out to...

God hears our prayers, children.

Friend, if you aren't just pulling our leg, I'll be very happy and commend you on never giving up because Lord knows, I NEVER got a response from anyone I reached out to...

Nah, she's serious.
I hope this means my chocolate baby will be back.

They already did........................
lol right?

Her outfit is clearly the same in the silhouette. I'm sure any changes are to her skin/hair/face. This is what happens when you use an unfinished character model in your story mode. (They outright said the DLC models weren't done.) Nice to have Tanya in the story though, don't get me wrong. Hopefully they'll patch in the new model.

Well, there's nothing wrong with Tanya's design per se. The discussion about it has only been about whether you like it or not. However, her skintone being inconsistent with her past iterations to the point people see her as "white" now is indeed faulty from NRS side.

I like the design. I just think she's too light and her facial features look a bit pinched. If that's all being fixed I have no complaints.

I'm on my phone right now but it should be the top post at solomongaitan.tumblr.com

Found it, reblogged it, put my opinion about it down:

http://theincubuslord.tumblr.com/post/117282814653/as-youre-involved-with-tanya-i-just-want-to-ask

NRS continues to say that they do listen to their fans. Of course it doesn't mean they do everything the fans say they should, because believe it or not, the fans are indeed not always right. But I'm glad to see some response about this.

And now we wait.

YES! [MENTION=20359]Imperatrix Sindel[/MENTION]!! You've given me so much more hope with this. Aghhh can't wait :D
Just need to get my PS4 first.. :/

I stand corrected.
I believed that we wouldn't be acknowledged.
Gladly I admit I was wrong.

Well, clearly Ed Boon wasn't going to acknowledge it. I just took a shot in the dark after this designer said he didn't like Tanya's story mode appearance, and I'm glad it paid off.

Well, clearly Ed Boon wasn't going to acknowledge it. I just took a shot in the dark after this designer said he didn't like Tanya's story mode appearance, and I'm glad it paid off.

What do you think it means?
Do you think she'll still have the same model but with darker skin color, or do you think they're literally going to be remodeling her?

What do you think it means?
Do you think she'll still have the same model but with darker skin color, or do you think they're literally going to be remodeling her?

I think it is just touch-ups on her current model and hopefully a bit darker skintone. I doube they would go all out and change her costume.